Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Oil Jet - Difficulty Finding Neutral

apriliaforum expert PlatinumRSV's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply. I just got the bike this week and haven't really noticed the amount of play but will take note on my next ride. The most frustrating thing is not being able to find neutral when stopped at a light...

just another Aprilia fanatic amauri's Avatar
    Forgot to say welcome to the forum and the Aprilia experience.

As with any new used bike, check everything out and learn how the bike likes to be treated.
    Lots of info here, just don't take all of it as absolute fact.
    Never accept mediocrity, always demand competence.

Certified Aprilia Moto Service in Southern California
    Call me at 714 892-4056 for appointment

Quote Originally Posted by sjruckle View Post
    The #40 jet (that you just installed) has a larger hole than the #60 that the engine came with.
    incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by kzmille View Post
    sjruckle,

This information about jet sizes and numbers is wrong and should have been challenged. On these oil jets, like carburetor jets, the higher the number the larger the hole, the lower the number the smaller the hole.
    correct.

Quote Originally Posted by theknurl View Post
    '04 &'05 come with a #60 jet, '06 and later with the #40 Noel-theknurl
    Noel, I'm not sure where you got this information, but after checking my bike (07.5) I found that the #60 jet was used, and not the #40. I ordered the 40 from Af1, and installed it.

Now here is why I did this:

I didn't have any issues with the bike creeping unless there was a shit-load of air in the lines/master. And even then, I only had that issue happen to me once (pre-slave install). I've since installed the MPL slave (from matrixmotosports.com) and hadn't had any significant issues with the lines since. In fact, bleeding is a rare necessity nowadays. That said, I still would have a slight bit of trouble finding neutral from first gear, however could always find N from banging it down from second.

After installing the #40 jet, I can find N from either 1st, or 2nd gear. I'm posting this for anyone who has an 06+ bike, who read this thread, and deduced to not install the #40 jet based on earlier posts that advised that the 06+ bikes already had the jet installed. Mine is a 07.5 and did NOT have the #40 jet installed. It had the #60. I know this, because once the old one was out, I compared the two and seen the differences with my own fuckin' eyes.

Ever since I've installed the Jet, as per Knurls advice, finding N is cake. I really hope this post helps some of you guys. I imagine some of you with 06+ bikes disregarded the new jet based on the misinformation on this thread. My bike did have the 60 in it, and changing it to the 40 jet has made a significant difference in finding N.

Quote Originally Posted by .... View Post
    Thx Normous! I went back and posted in that thread. Read it. Keep in mind, I never made mention that my bike crept fwd. I installed it for a different reason.

...at any rate, I'm very curious what Noel, KZ, and Uri have to say about this. I wonder how many fuckin' people disregarded changing the jet out because of Noels' misinformation.
    this info was stated in the shop manual also...so basically aprilia also misinformed every and all dealers that are supplied with this shop manual?
    shelbyguy- i ride, therefore i am
    Owning an Aprilia RSVR is like showing up anywhere with the hottest chick in the room

Incredible.

Explain to me how a #60 got on my bike.

Again, explain to me, how the 60 jet got on my bike.
    In fact, anyone explain to me how the 60 got on my bike.

#40....#60

don't remember who posted that '06 and later have the #40

but i guarantee you, i didn't figure any of this out!!!

i'm sorry if anyone feels mislead......i took the suggestion and it worked, posted it 10-22-07

as to how your's had a #60 in it? ......they ran out of #40s??? ...got me

just used search and the Falco guys were doing the change in May '07
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...hlight=oil+jet
    and they had #75 jets!

Noel-theknurl

don't remember who posted that '06 and later have the #40

but i guarantee you, i didn't figure any of this out!!!

i'm sorry if anyone feels mislead......i took the suggestion and it worked, posted it 10-22-07

as to how your's had a #60 in it? ......they ran out of #40s??? ...got me

just used search and the Falco guys were doing the change in May '07
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...hlight=oil+jet
    and they had #75 jets!

Noel-theknurl
    That's fine Noel. Your idea of going to the smaller jet did indeed work for my bike. I'm guessing my bike (being the 07.5) isn't the only 06'+ model bike that has/and in my case, had the 60 jet installed. Your advice is golden. My only beef was that being said the 06+ bikes already had the 40, was untrue. As in my case, it didn't. I had the 60.

How in the hell did #75 jet get used on the Falco's?

Was my bike, and all of the Falco's out there put together on Billy's birthday party at the factory, on a friday afternoon? Gah!

jets

it wasn't Billy's birthday party......silly
    it was Wilhelm's.....its Austria.....and yes, they were pounding the kirschwasser

the #40 jet was NOT my idea......i've beat 'search' up since you posted that and can't find out who it was....it wasn't me

Noel-theknurl

it wasn't Billy's birthday party......silly
    it was Wilhelm's.....its Austria.....and yes, they were pounding the kirschwasser
    LOL rep to noel-san.

the #40 jet was NOT my idea......i've beat 'search' up since you posted that and can't find out who it was....it wasn't me

Noel-theknurl
    I see what you're saying now. I retract that part of my post then. You were instrumental in bringing the idea back to light on our side of the mountains however. And that, I appreciate. N can now be found very easily from either 1st, or 2nd.

I'm never on the Falco forums, so I would've NEVER come into this idea without your help. And for that, I'm grateful. Thank you Noel. Thank you very much indeed.

As for Shelbyguys post above, might I add...Even factory manuals can be dead wrong. Yes, they can be. To believe otherwise, is ludicrous, and lemmingish. You're not a lemming Norm, so stop acting like one.

somebody posted about the later '06+ bikes using the #40.....
    think it was Amauri that said it.....so i tried it, and it worked

search put me on the Falco page, never been there before
    hey, i didn't even know the oil jet existed until that post.....but it makes perfect sense, less oil....less drag on the plates

all i did was try it and post that it worked, somebody else deserves the credit

Noel-theknurl

I've checked three online sites including AF1 and they all say the 06-07 Tuono comes with the no. 40 jet.

This image is from AF1's parts info for the 04-09 RSVR:
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by kzmille View Post
    I've checked three online sites including AF1 and they all say the 06-07 Tuono comes with the no. 40 jet.

This image is from AF1's parts info for the 04-09 RSVR:
    Thank you Kirk. And with that, I still stand by my statement, in that in the case of my 07.5 RSVR, it did in fact have the 60 jet installed. Not the 40. Here is a picture:

Furthermore, I'm confident the jet that was shipped to me was the correct size, as this particular package was packed, and transacted by Steve @af1 himself. I had communication with him prior to my purchase of two jets. Just because some printed material says one thing, doesn't mean it's gospel.

interesting means my 06 might have a 60 jet so might find a 40 jet to see if that help with my clutch also

Quote Originally Posted by Cajun View Post
    interesting means my 06 might have a 60 jet so might find a 40 jet to see if that help with my clutch also

According to Shelbyguy, there will be a stamp on the side of your jet. It'll either be stamped with a 40, or 60. Now I don't remember seeing anything stamped on the side or anywhere on the jet, but then again, I never really looked for it. The jet is at home, so I'll have to check back and report later.

AND BE SURE to check your size jet first before ordering it. Shelbyguy advised after checking his, he does indeed have the 40 in his already in there. And as we know, I didn't. So be sure to check yours before ordering.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast