Thread: Reset the Service Light How-To

Reset the Service Light How-To

1. Remove the seat.
    2. On the right hand side (as you face the bars) near the battery you will find two connectors. One each, male and female. The female connector has two grey wires and the male has a blue/green wire. Connecting these two together puts the onboard computer into diagnostic mode. Connect these together, noting their original position for later.
    3. Turn on the ignition (don't start the engine).
    4. On the right hand instrument panel, "EFI" will now display above the MODE button.
    5. Press and hold the MODE button.
    6. While still pressing the MODE button, press and hold the SET button.
    7. Keep both buttons pressed until the "Service" indicator disappears (seems like a long time, 10+ seconds).
    8. Turn off the ignition.
    9. Disconnect the diagnostic connectors and place them in their original position.
    10. Turn ignition back on to verify "SERVICE" indicator is out and panel displays normally.
    11. Replace seat and ride safely.

Honest always, feared often Micah / AF1 Racing's Avatar
    Ted, thanks for moving and sorting all these tech tips, honestly I use these pages constantly and today was no exception. These tech tips are golden!
    Diminished expectations is the key to happiness in life.

Micah Shoemaker
    AF1 Racing
    9900 IH35N
    Austin, TX 78753
    micah@af1racing.com
    @ShoemakerMicah
    @AF1Racingaustin

apriliaforum expert
    Awesome.. I just went to the dealership to pick up my new Capo (new to me) they had no clue on this (yamaha agent not Aprilia) so I felt clever asking their technician to remove the seat so I could educate them myself lol.

Thanks!
    Me n' Mine:-

2006 Caponord ETV 1000 "Twiki"
    2004 Tuono Racing Rep, Full Carbon with SBK 2-2 Akro's
    2002 ZX636 A1P Ninja list of mods is endless
    "Made in Italy....Perfected in my Garage"
    I've never questioned why I ride, it's as basic as breathing.

Just bought the Capo on Saturday 8/16/14, had the service department install a new SC Stainless Exhaust. Sounds great, the "Check Engine" light went on after 30 mins of riding. I turned off by itself this morning and went back on today. AF1 did not tell me this would even happen and of course they are not owning up to the issue. As always passing the buck "oh we've never seen this before", and to make matters worst the tension springs are too big so i had to monkey rig some wire. Now guys, know after market exhaust can do this but don't sell a pipe as a easy plug n play. There's no excuse for the over-sized springs, after all they should know the distance from the baffle to the pipe. No I will try and return the pipe for an Arrow if they can't provide a solution.

FRUSTRATED

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks Ted! I'll go try that now... I'm sure it will work fine.
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Ted / AF1 Racing View Post
    1. Remove the seat.
    2. On the right hand side (as you face the bars) near the battery you will find two connectors. One each, male and female. The female connector has two grey wires and the male has a blue/green wire. Connecting these two together puts the onboard computer into diagnostic mode. Connect these together, noting their original position for later.
    3. Turn on the ignition (don't start the engine).
    4. On the right hand instrument panel, "EFI" will now display above the MODE button.
    5. Press and hold the MODE button.
    6. While still pressing the MODE button, press and hold the SET button.
    7. Keep both buttons pressed until the "Service" indicator disappears (seems like a long time, 10+ seconds).
    8. Turn off the ignition.
    9. Disconnect the diagnostic connectors and place them in their original position.
    10. Turn ignition back on to verify "SERVICE" indicator is out and panel displays normally.
    11. Replace seat and ride safely.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah / AF1 Racing View Post
    Ted, thanks for moving and sorting all these tech tips, honestly I use these pages constantly and today was no exception. These tech tips are golden!
    Exactly wot he said !

apriliaforum newb
    Had he service light on for a few years but no longer!
    The dash went blank after doing this. Disconnected the battery for about five minutes and all is well now.
    Thanks!!!!!!!