Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Ape Sighting - Sticky

4/22 Leesburg, VA Southbound Battlefield to westbound 7. Tuono V4

And a few days before, possibly another Tuono V4. I never got a good look because it never caught up to me and I was in my truck. Westbound Algonkian Pkwy to westbound 7.
    In the garage: '10 RSV4-R x2 '94&95 VFR750F '01&'09 SV650S '04 DR650 '83 DT-80K '07 CBR600RR

Not an ape motorcycle spotting. Costa Mesa Speedway saw someone wearing an Aprilia Gresini sweatshirt.
    Picture of race track:
    Name:  7348C12C-3076-4709-82CD-079A068B0145.jpeg
Views: 291
Size:  91.2 KB
    Sidecars in turn one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	970E2A85-0022-4933-BED6-0B98FEDEB70E.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	380458
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryogenic View Post
    Growing old is compulsory............but growing up isn't!!

How was Opening night . Wish I was there.
    08 SPEED TRIPLE (triple)
    04 RSVR (twin #1) 00 RC51 (twin #2)
    89 750 KATANA (I4)
    80 KZ 1300 (I6)

Quote Originally Posted by lanes luck View Post
    How was Opening night . Wish I was there.
    Not much of a crowd, but some excellent racing. Modified handicap 1st place started next race from 30 yard line, 2nd 20yd,.... saw some runs from the 30 at the start to the lead by turn 3.
    Good sidecar action as well.

apriliaforum newb
    Yesterday in Alexandria, VA from the distance I saw what looked like a Shiver with green wheels. Didn't get a picture but the rims looked well painted and maybe even factory from a distance. Anybody seen a Shiver with green wheels from the factory?

apriliaforum Member Flamethrower's Avatar
    Nice Gen2 Tuono at Laguna Seca today...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Talk about sightings. I had a guy and his wife follow me home yesterday. I pulled into the driveway and started walking into my garage and I hear a horn honking. Dude saw me go by and followed me home to check out my bike. First time that has ever happened! I guess the siren's wail of the V4 was too much! LOL!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ape cherohala.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	384512

anybody know who else owns a Silver Futura with side bags in the 757 (Virginia) area? Mother fucker scared the shit out of me. I spotted him in the college park area. I was driving home from the dealership and saw this guy on what I thought was my bike. How many futura's could there be here in the 757? Literally 2 blocks from my house, the futura goes by. I screamed home in the supercharged A6 and found the garage closed and Argento sleeping soundly.

Just trying to reach out and make a friend.
    *New studies show that the active ingredient in Methamphetamines that causes wild sexual urges and the need to use ones body in a destructive manner is actually dehydrated Aprilia Tuonos. Italy has failed to make a statement.*

2001 Aprilia Futura "Argento"

2003 Aprilia Tuono Racing "Diavola"

v4 tuono bagged up for travel. east of wallace id. ignoring the 45 zone on the pass. yesterday.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. Iím gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

Quote Originally Posted by Thom View Post
    anybody know who else owns a Silver Futura with side bags in the 757 (Virginia) area? Mother fucker scared the shit out of me. I spotted him in the college park area. I was driving home from the dealership and saw this guy on what I thought was my bike. How many futura's could there be here in the 757? Literally 2 blocks from my house, the futura goes by. I screamed home in the supercharged A6 and found the garage closed and Argento sleeping soundly.

Just trying to reach out and make a friend.
    Funny! The sight and sound of a V60, like your Futura, is unmistakable! A year ago, after my Futura was stolen, I was at a friends property, underneath a Detroit 8V92TA, when I heard a rocket blaze by on the nearby road. I couldn't wrangle from under the bus in time, but I just knew it was my lost machine!

Thanks to the San Joaquin County Sheriff, a few weeks later, they located my ride. I'm elated to have her back. And yes, she is now satellite tracked, hehe. She has comms in several bands including S-band, my little Apollo Command Module now.

Bob

This morning Aug. 8 just before 9am 2003 Tuono Magnet Grey northbound on 5 fwy just after 55 passed me on my 2003 that is no longer Magnet Grey. Lost sight of bike at Euclid off ramp.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    August 10 mid day spotted silver Tuono 1100 RR(17-18) socal Palomar/ Lake Henshaw area. I was on an 18 Tuono RF and my buddy was on a 17 Super Duke GT headed toward the back side of Palomar. You were coming from that area. Perfect day for a ride in the mountains.
    Last edited by Dial In Racer; 08-11-2019 at 11:24 AM.

ugh, palomar. So many other epic roads in that area....
    *New studies show that the active ingredient in Methamphetamines that causes wild sexual urges and the need to use ones body in a destructive manner is actually dehydrated Aprilia Tuonos. Italy has failed to make a statement.*

2001 Aprilia Futura "Argento"

2003 Aprilia Tuono Racing "Diavola"

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920