Thread: Any idea if 07 Piaggio MP3 250 engine fit 2002 Aprilia Scarabeo?

apriliaforum prov-nov

Any idea if 07 Piaggio MP3 250 engine fit 2002 Aprilia Scarabeo?

recently bought a nonrunning 02 Aprilia Scarabeo 150, before I try to dig into rebuild the engine wonder if anyone has any idea about swapping a 07 Piaggio MP3 engine into it?

Score a good-use-condition deal on this MP3 250cc engine, so I want to see if I can use it. If it does not fit, then I will have to sale it and buy parts for rebuild the Beo 150 engine.

apriliaforum expert
    if the engine is a quasar 250 cc the prolly so but there maybe other connections and take offs But the cylinder and cvt (together) should fit and bolt up now the 150 and 250 have some very different components some fuel feeds etc and locations better research this well as ive been thinking about this awhile and ve not jumped in and a few 150's here frames engines etc I do have a spare 150 engine w about 800 original miles

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks Tom. I will carefully trying but will not take any force, so I will not damage any engine. Do you consider sale your motor or trade it? I would love to keep the original bike.

apriliaforum expert
    It will prolly be sold you can get details at my e mail tombukt2@gmail.com

apriliaforum prov-nov
    wow, finding parts for rotax engine is not easy task. After many months, I finally got all parts and get my scooter run again. will need to work on rear brake master cylinder leak then I'm back on the road.

apriliaforum expert
    well good should be on road soon then .. just stay in the 150's comfort zone or be prepared to do it all again ..

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I've learned so much when I was working on it, so I think I would like to pick up another project and do it all over. I have my eyes on a vespa GTS250