Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Recipe for some proper HIDs

Holy shit... I can actually see at night riding around...
    09 Mana
    03 Mille R
    Internally supercharged GS500
    and more

Quote Originally Posted by mllcb42 View Post
    Holy shit... I can actually see at night riding around...
    im anxious
    Dan
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    1964 Vespa VBB, 2009 Vespa GTV 250, 2009 Stella 2T, 2009 Aprilia Mana 850, 1975 BMW R75/6, 1984 Moto Guzzi LeMans 3

I need to make a couple more adjustments so that you get the whole range of adjustability for aiming. They're aimed a little too high at the moment. Then give them a deep cleaning to make sure all the fingerprints are gone, etc, and document the install process for the wiring harness, and they'll be ready to ship out.
    09 Mana
    03 Mille R
    and more

How much buddy

Going rate right now is $400 plus shipping. Can either send me your headlight and I'll the needed work to it, or I can do a core charge sort of idea with one that I have already and you can send me the one off your bike when you're done. Keeps the bike from having much down time.
    09 Mana
    03 Mille R
    and more

Quote Originally Posted by PSolk View Post
    Oh man, that is exactly what I wanted... Just pm'd mllC
    PSolk just finished the first stage of mana's hid conversion.
    i want to test for a period on my bike.
    i use the upper hid as low beam & pass signal & both upper & low hid when the lights go to high.
    i didn't use the angel eyes yet as the low scale is always on.

the hids have all the trim way as mama lights & i want to say that it is daylight now.
    the only problem is that must alter the water-proof cover as the hid progector are too long & out of light cover.

there is a design for the base of the projectors & i can sent to any of you want it by pm.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000016.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	261.8 KB 
ID:	172206  

Looks phenomenal JPS!!! Just goes to show the details make all the difference!
    That looks great! Please pm me with the design, I will pass it on to MLLCB42.
    Thanks again for updating, looks phenomenal!!!
    Oscar Wilde: "I don't want to go to Heaven; none of my friends are there."

2010 Black Mana GT
    RSV4 Factory OZ wheels, RSV4 Sachs adjustable Forks, RSV4 brembo 100mm monobloc brakes, RSV4 Factory Rotors, Pilot Road 2 Spec B tires, HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, Carbon Heel-guards, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals

apriliaforum expert
    Wow, Dan and I just installed his HID kit. One of the best kits I've ever seen in wires being the right length, nicely soldered and shrink wrapped, great instructions. I need one of these now... Can't wait to see what crazy awesome the dual lights on Paul's bike or Ferrari cored the triple lights on the V4 will be like...

I'm sure Dan will have pics to post, his one light throw more light than the dual xenons I'm running.

Quote Originally Posted by slowmike View Post
    Wow, Dan and I just installed his HID kit. One of the best kits I've ever seen in wires being the right length, nicely soldered and shrink wrapped, great instructions. I need one of these now... Can't wait to see what crazy awesome the dual lights on Paul's bike or Ferrari cored the triple lights on the V4 will be like...

I'm sure Dan will have pics to post, his one light throw more light than the dual xenons I'm running.
    I'll take that as the install went well then
    09 Mana
    03 Mille R
    and more

Pics???
    Oscar Wilde: "I don't want to go to Heaven; none of my friends are there."

2010 Black Mana GT
    RSV4 Factory OZ wheels, RSV4 Sachs adjustable Forks, RSV4 brembo 100mm monobloc brakes, RSV4 Factory Rotors, Pilot Road 2 Spec B tires, HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, Carbon Heel-guards, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals

apriliaforum expert
    Install went well, we did his stelvio handguards and swapped the connectors on his stelvio turn signals. No pics, I hear the photographer was in Boston ;-)

I'm sold, I'm buying one... Light pattern is pimptastic.

Mike had a boner over the harness and oem connectors. I threw out my back Saturday cleaning the airhead and I spent last night laying on my back in Mike's garage wedged between the Mana his R1 and GT 200. My 55 year old ass isnt the same. Got home around 11 pm. Thanks Mike. Will take some pics tonight. I dont need the highbeams anymore. The cut off pattern is unbelievable. Yes, Matt, I can finally see at night now.
    Dan
    1964 Vespa VBB, 2009 Vespa GTV 250, 2009 Stella 2T, 2009 Aprilia Mana 850, 1975 BMW R75/6, 1984 Moto Guzzi LeMans 3

apriliaforum expert
    People who have seen my bikes know I'm a huge stickler for things done in the right way, wire the right length, solder, shrink wrap, weatherproofing, etc. Also a big fan of connectors with weather tight seals connectors done so its impossible to screw up....these impressed me...

The pattern on these things are fantastic. Riding around with the high beam going is a religious experience. It's like the heavens have parted and they're shining out your headlight.

For me, the challenge is always making the thing look like it came that way from the factory. So a harness with weather proof connectors/shrink wrapped/ weather sealed in the light, etc is the way to go. If something doesn't look like it came from the factory, I'm doing it wrong.
    09 Mana
    03 Mille R
    and more

We re-aimed my Denali led lights to be even with the HID. F$cking fantastic.
    Dan

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast