Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Recipe for some proper HIDs

Quote Originally Posted by nkla View Post
    Heya! bumping this topic with a related question, i see many that already have the HID upgrade, mine is in the mail on the way to me and i will be installing it next week, im wondering where did you guys fit the "extra"parts leftover from wiring harness, ballasts and relay? if i remember correctly i read somewhere that its put behind the fairings that are surrounding the "tank", if you are sitting on the bike on the left side under the fairing if im correct? since there should be extra space there? or if anyone can tell me where a good spot is. to keep them safe from the elements, and non visible, thanks!
    Bump, still wonder where you guys fitted the ballasts and relay + other wires,
    Name:  Fabbri_Aprilia_Mana_A133XDX-3.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  177.7 KB
    was it there?

Quote Originally Posted by nkla View Post
    Heya! bumping this topic with a related question, i see many that already have the HID upgrade, mine is in the mail on the way to me and i will be installing it next week, im wondering where did you guys fit the "extra"parts leftover from wiring harness, ballasts and relay? if i remember correctly i read somewhere that its put behind the fairings that are surrounding the "tank", if you are sitting on the bike on the left side under the fairing if im correct? since there should be extra space there? or if anyone can tell me where a good spot is. to keep them safe from the elements, and non visible, thanks!
    I think I am the only one with the HID. I have a regular Mana. The ballast is behind the fork, cable tied to the frame. Matt had the harness threaded there was to the rights side of the tank fairing (sitting on the bike).
    Dan
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    1964 Vespa VBB, 2009 Vespa GTV 250, 2009 Stella 2T, 2009 Aprilia Mana 850, 1975 BMW R75/6, 1984 Moto Guzzi LeMans 3

Quote Originally Posted by Vesparazzi View Post
    I think I am the only one with the HID. I have a regular Mana. The ballast is behind the fork, cable tied to the frame. Matt had the harness threaded there was to the rights side of the tank fairing (sitting on the bike).
    i was under the impression that several guys have the projector headligths with HIDs?
    i got dual projectors, bi-xenon so both will be on at the same time, and a bunch of LED's in there aswell, and since my projector are huge (not h1 as some of the above) i got no room inside the "rubber space" on the headlight, and i thought somone said they put them behind the side fairings. and i thought the right side was holding the Cooling fluid, so anyway, there should be space behind one of the fairings to but ballasts/relays in there?
    thanks for the answer!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    This may also be a good place to ask the question from the blinker thread.

Is it possible that a loose paper clip can short something inside the headlight. I have not dared start the bike since I dropped it in there.
    2009 Aprilia Mana
    2008 Royal Enfield Bullet

Quote Originally Posted by burningmay View Post
    This may also be a good place to ask the question from the blinker thread.

Is it possible that a loose paper clip can short something inside the headlight. I have not dared start the bike since I dropped it in there.
    the headlight "bucket" /the headlight itself) is closed off from the housing, and the only connectors you got in the back of the headlight housing is two h11 (or h8) and one small w5w light, none of these got exposed wires, so NO the chance of having something go wrong is like 0.01%, but its never a good idea to have random metal objects floating around connectors and wires.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678