Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: alpina front wheels spacers

Quote Originally Posted by S4R View Post
    I can't believe a racing caliper requires you to remove the caliper to be able to remove the pads...

Doesn't make sense...
    Pretty standard with a 16.5" wheel. But don't remove the disc, that's a pain in the ass.

I run the Billet 2 piece brembo racing caliper (same as used on the VDB) and it is not possible to remove the wheel without removing the caliper, I pull the pin to remove the pads, remove the caliper and it's easy to drop the wheel. It takes no time once you get used to it. You may need to wiggle the caliper on the disc to spread the pistons to aid removal.

Most Sportsbikes with dual discs require caliper removal to remove the wheel

#314 - Aprilia SMXV450
    Snap Fitness Caloundra - www.snapfitness.com.au/caloundra
    Übermoto Custom Graphics - www.uber-moto.com
    M2R helmets - www.made2race.com.au/
    Duke Racing Represent!

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by daws View Post
    Pretty standard with a 16.5" wheel. But don't remove the disc, that's a pain in the ass.

I run the Billet 2 piece brembo racing caliper (same as used on the VDB) and it is not possible to remove the wheel without removing the caliper, I pull the pin to remove the pads, remove the caliper and it's easy to drop the wheel. It takes no time once you get used to it. You may need to wiggle the caliper on the disc to spread the pistons to aid removal.

Most Sportsbikes with dual discs require caliper removal to remove the wheel
    Yes, I used to have to remove the caliper to remove the 16.5...

I was saying it seems silly to have to remove caliper to remove pads...

Though with mono block calipers and trying to increase caliper rigidity I can see why they have done it...

I don't need to remove the pads to remove caliper with my vdb brembo

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12