Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GPR Exhaust

Beast!

So I finally got her installed, loving the throatiness of it,
    also pleased with the fit and finish, as well as the carbon poppy finish,
    which I think is essentially a stamped and anodized finish. Got mine on ebay at motochepassionesri
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXHAUST-SYST...53093807504041
    419.00 shipped! and I paid the extra $30 for the rear db killer, but not sure I will install

Looking good!!!
    Oscar Wilde: "I don't want to go to Heaven; none of my friends are there."

2010 Black Mana GT
    RSV4 Factory OZ wheels, RSV4 Sachs adjustable Forks, RSV4 brembo 100mm monobloc brakes, RSV4 Factory Rotors, Pilot Road 2 Spec B tires, HyperPro Lowered Suspension, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID Hi/Lo lights,Carbon Front Fender, Carbon LED mirrors, Carbon Heel-guards, cut rear tail, DD Aluminum brake lever, Frame Sliders, Puig Chin Fairing, Rear Hugger, Kaoko Throttle Lock, MFW adjustable footpegs, Custom Painted Wheels/Rotors/Brakes Valentine One Radar, voltmeter, Tach, removed evap can, and lots o decals

apriliaforum expert
    looks very nice, unique too...

Sorry you think it's intolerant of me to not tolerate your intolerance.

2007 RSVR 1000- Yeah, It has a few upgrades.....

We used to earn the things we desired in life. Now we're just encouraged to put our hand in the next guy's pocket.

- Don't go where trouble is likely to find you.
    - Some people attract trouble. Don't associate with them.
    - If you're minding your own business and trouble finds you anyway, do what it takes to de-escalate and walk away.
    - If walking away isn't a viable option, consider running.
    - If you have considered and/or exhausted all of your other options and you must fight to defend yourself, fight to kill.

apriliaforum Junkie
    Looks great, was looking at those myself.
    Previous rides:
    2009 Mana 850, 2005 K1200S, 2004 Multistrada,
    2002 R1100S (modified), 2003 R1150RT,2005 FJR1300,

apriliaforum prov-nov

Another little nicety

I can vouch for the fact that there are no issues adding a center stand when one of these type GPR exhausts has been installed, as I have done it. I doubt that it is a big problem, but the AF1 site says **Modification to spring mount location is necessary when used with Leo Vince exhaust** regarding the OEM center stand. If you want to add an aftermarket exhaust and a center stand, avoiding any little quirks is a modest plus, IMHO.

kame, thanks for the info man, that's going to be my next investment,
    I'm sure will make chain maintenance, etc.. much easier

There is no problem with the center stand and the GPR exhaust.
    Dan
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    1964 Vespa VBB, 2009 Vespa GTV 250, 2009 Stella 2T, 2009 Aprilia Mana 850, 1975 BMW R75/6, 1984 Moto Guzzi LeMans 3

I received my new exhaust today. Took me about an hour and forty minutes to install by myself. Sound and appearance are vastly improved!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1468.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	287.1 KB 
ID:	181181

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Looks great did you use the baffles or no? Stainless or Ti?

This is the pipe I want for mine....I read that another person who was admittedly not mechanically inclined, required four hours to install. Do you have any tips for installation? The fact that you said 1:45 definitely sealed it for my purchase of the GPR, I put one on the Beo 200, I owned before the Mana and it sounded great, and added noticeable mid range acceleration and top end. It was a quick install, extremely well made but it did make the Beo stumble when it was cold, after it was warm it ran and sounded great. Have you noticed any changes to warm up period or performance in general?

Thanks!
    Last edited by jcolbyc; 01-21-2012 at 09:38 PM.

The baffles were not included (thought they should have been). I really like the sound without them, though. This is the stainless can.

I'm fairly handy and have done more intricate jobs on my cars. If you can turn a wrench, you can do this. It's really only two pieces and the hardware. Basically, remove old exhaust, and install new exhaust in reverse order.

I only took it for a brief shakedown. Honestly didn't notice any appreciable gains in performance (other than the weight loss and sound).

Good luck with your purchase!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Placed my order this morning for the Ti version! Can't wait to install it!

Any noticable performance increase from removing the cat and less restrictive pipe?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwede View Post
    Any noticable performance increase from removing the cat and less restrictive pipe?
    Sounds like I am going a hell of a lot faster
    Dan
    Noli nothis permittere te terere
    1964 Vespa VBB, 2009 Vespa GTV 250, 2009 Stella 2T, 2009 Aprilia Mana 850, 1975 BMW R75/6, 1984 Moto Guzzi LeMans 3

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Got Titanium GPR for 439 delivered yesterday and installed it last night in an hour. Just absolutely perfect fit for the Mana sounds awesome!! You can't go wrong it is a piece of art straight from Italy. This is the 3rd pipe I have purchased from GPR one for my beo and the wife's Honda sh150. Always delivered quickly and the highest quality. I would post a pic here but it looks identical to Joe Mana's above...I am adding a couple of other items then I refresh the pics in the pic and mod section.

Congrats on the new exhaust! Great price. Did you use the baffles or go au naturale? It does sound great, doesn't it.

My buddy said the original exhaust sounded like a tractor. Not anymore!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast