Thread: Denali headlight - Twisted Throttle Request for help

Denali headlight - Twisted Throttle Request for help

Greetings all...

Twisted Throttle and their Denali brand of lights is realeasing a LED headlight for bikes this coming new year.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/denal...d-black-chrome

It looks pretty neat and might be able to be applied to the Mana 850 GT and Mana 850, hopefully with minor modifications. They are looking for some detailed photos of the OEM Mana light. I immediately thought of this forum, can we help?

i know there been a few threads with the HID modification with some pictures, does anyone have some more detailed pics? I'm brand new to my Mana GT so I'm a bit hesitant to pull my fairing off so quickly, but I am very interested in this Denali M7 LED light!!!!

thanks for the help, I'm enclosing the email Branden at Twisted Throttle sent to me to help!

thanks for the help!!

------------

Hey there Bill,

Thanks for your inquiry with us here at Twisted Throttle. We are pretty excited about releasing the new Denali lights. Do you happen to have a Mana 850 GT in your possession at this time? The reason we ask is we have not yet had our hands on one of those bikes. Is there any way that you could send us a few detailed/close-up pictures of the headlight and the headlight housing on the Aprilia Mana? We can pass those photos along to our tech team here for them to review and give us the correct answer.

If possible, please forward us some pictures for review. And as always, let us know if there is anything else we can help you with today.

Best Regards,
    Brendan

Exeter, RI 02822
    401-284-4200 (phone)
    401-223-6954 (fax)
    info@twistedthrottle.com
    http://www.twistedthrottle.com
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Current: Aprilia 2014 Mana 850 GT - Amber Orange

Past:
    2003 Suzuki DL1000 VStrom - Yellow
    1992 Kawa EX500 - Red/White/Blue

When I first saw Twisted Throttle’s email showcasing the Denali M7 lights and instantly wanted them for the Mana.
    My winter project will be the Denali D2 auxiliary lights that ‘Expraesto’ installed on his Mana but for $50 more I would consider the M7 if it works.

As for pictures of the Mana headlight housing contact nkla from Sweden. He did a xenon and LED mod on his Mana.

Thread: Custom dual BI-XENON headlight
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...ENON-headlight

Thread: H11 LED (Cree) healight upgrade anyone?
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...upgrade-anyone

Have a look at this one also.... lots of pictures from 'Pharao' from Germany.

Thread: WTB: Mana 850GT Headlight Unit (UK)
    http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...+Unit+%28UK%29

Great!! Thanks for the help.

I was was looking at the D2's as well for a winter project, let us know how they turn out for you!

Past:

Quote Originally Posted by nkla View Post
    Hello!

plug and play LED bulbs arent really there yet, its just a way for companies to make money at this point. if you want it for the xenon look then do so, but dont expect your low beam to be of much use, do not do it in the high beam bucket aswell since it will completely ruin the function of a high beam, Led bulbs are used mostly to transform fog lights into DRL (daytime running lights). id rather do a proper xenon retrofit with a projector in there (plenty of companies do it, if you google projector retrofit you will easily find one) that will cost you about 300-350$ atlest and upwards to almost 1000$ depending on what company and compnents you use.
    but its worth every penny if you care about good light/visibility. i do not recommend just a HID kit since its wont do much good either. it scatters the light everywhere since the headlight bucket isnt designed for that kind of bulb.
    if you want somewhat of the xenon look buy the Osram or Philips blue tinted halogen bulbs, they give a slight more white'ish light and look then the stock bulbs, but stay away from LED's is my honest advice =))
    or be unique mana owner and retrofit a headlight of a other bike? maybe a led one? Harley Davidson got sweet round LED headlight, Ducati monster bikes come with some kind of led in their headlight (they are round aswell and similar to mana) google a bit and you will find plently of solutions, just keep in mind that easiest way isnt always the best way (i.ex. plug and play HID/LED kit)

here is a picture of my Mana's headlight, with double projectors and some accent lightning =)
    Attachment 278011
    copied the text from the other thread.
    my headlight is still for sale since i fitted a other one to my bike, just saying
    2010 (new 2013) Aprilia Mana (cosmetic styling, doesn't look like a Mana anymore )
    2007 Aprilia SXV 550 (stock)

apriliaforum Member
    This sure looks good!

The Denai M7 LED light has projectors built into its system and are DOT, E-MARK & ADR approved with those respective countries requirements (from the original manufacturer) ...sealed LED projector systems are becoming more plentiful....just not for the Mana because of the angled mount...

The True question is: as the Mana GT headlamp is mounted at an angle, not vertical, can the beams of focus be adjusted to the proper angle of the Mana GT/Mana mount where light is not shining upwards vs on the road where it should be?

i have sent that question to the manufacturer, as it turns out isn't Twisted Throttle's Denali, but actually VisionX USA. It appears Denali has licensed the headlight for their branding....

fingers crossed that we could see a sealed headlight replacement for the Mana on the horizon. Send those requests out! Squeaky wheel gets the grease right?
    Last edited by wmkizer; 11-01-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Past: