Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748

Thread: My R-SXV 550 project..

apriliaforum expert
    To be honest, it is almost impossible to go racing here in Denmark.. We only have a few tracks but we are only allowed to use one of them, a few times each year.. and that's not a good track anyway.. I recently bought a sxv550 for the street, so i would keep the engine as a spare engine.
    I might keep the frame, wheels and forks and build a 250 again with the stock fairings, as the road taxes are already paid on that frame. ... the rest might be for sale..

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    To be honest, it is almost impossible to go racing here in Denmark.. We only have a few tracks but we are only allowed to use one of them, a few times each year.. and that's not a good track anyway.. I recently bought a sxv550 for the street, so i would keep the engine as a spare engine.
    I might keep the frame, wheels and forks and build a 250 again with the stock fairings, as the road taxes are already paid on that frame. ... the rest might be for sale..
    Now I like that idea Mathais, I know a guy who could help you out with rearsets, chain adjusters,choke nipples,kickstarts and vented PV covers should you go down that route.
    Alitalia is pretty but the world could really do with another regaini rep I think - anyway thats my thoughts crack on and post up the pictures

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by mcludd View Post
    Now I like that idea Mathais, I know a guy who could help you out with rearsets, chain adjusters,choke nipples,kickstarts and vented PV covers should you go down that route.
    Alitalia is pretty but the world could really do with another regaini rep I think - anyway thats my thoughts crack on and post up the pictures
    Oh really? I think I know who you mean...

I was actually considering just using the original all black (with a few red aprilia stickers) fairings that the bike came with originally..

Btw. - The SXV550 is the most fun I have ever had on a motorcycle Different style - but a lot of fun!

apriliaforum prov-nov imjustjoeking's Avatar

Another RS250 to SXV450 conversion

Just finished my RS250 to SXV450 conversion. The first two pics are in work and the remaining are after it’s all done and buttoned up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E2F8446F-9894-414E-B757-4D6382F0B598.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	386540

Name:	E6C767F6-488B-4B2A-849C-052EA33DA321.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	386541

Name:	3BE58730-30AC-44FF-953B-B3D351F860A3.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	386542

Name:	557D08C1-A821-43FA-B529-DAB20168121F.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	386543

Name:	EB1B3F4C-DE42-4A58-8F85-91FD3C73069E.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	100.2 KB 
ID:	386544

Name:	82DAB72F-1362-460A-A1C4-F20DFFB8EDB6.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	386546

apriliaforum Junkie
    Nice!

apriliaforum prov-nov Strapless's Avatar
    Please don't tell me that is your workshop at home...

apriliaforum expert
    Nice job.. I bet it's loud with those small silencers?

apriliaforum prov-nov imjustjoeking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Nice job.. I bet it's loud with those small silencers?
    Hey Mathias, yeah it’s pretty loud. They’re the Arrow 250 cans with the core upsized to match the 4 stroke exhaust, so there’s not much packing in them. Thanks for the info and advice a few years ago when I started this project. Your pointers helped me get the ball rolling. I ended up with the motor in a little different location than yours to accommodate some packaging issues and to try to match the CG as best as possible to the stock 250 location. I’d be curious to compare scale weights and CG locations. It would be really cool to put together a ‘kit’ for others that are interested in this swap.

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by imjustjoeking View Post
    Hey Mathias, yeah it’s pretty loud. They’re the Arrow 250 cans with the core upsized to match the 4 stroke exhaust, so there’s not much packing in them. Thanks for the info and advice a few years ago when I started this project. Your pointers helped me get the ball rolling. I ended up with the motor in a little different location than yours to accommodate some packaging issues and to try to match the CG as best as possible to the stock 250 location. I’d be curious to compare scale weights and CG locations. It would be really cool to put together a ‘kit’ for others that are interested in this swap.
    I have taken mine apart again.. i needed the engine as a spare engine, as I started riding supermoto.. I never had a tank finished.. although i have the parts for it.. the first carbon tank started leaking a bit..
    I don't think there is a market for kit.. sadly..
    '
    Have you been on track yet? how is it and what gearing are you running?

- Mathias

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hey mathias.. what a fantastic project! Were in a danish man cave are you located?

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanRS250 View Post
    Hey mathias.. what a fantastic project! Were in a danish man cave are you located?
    PM sent :-)

apriliaforum newb

Rs 550

I've also been in the RS550 club for a while now. With some parts and help from my Danish friend , I built myself a street legal RS 550.

@Imjustjoeking I would be very happy if we can exchange some information and experience.
    Maybe we can improve the performance of our bikes together.

PN or email me at guenter.krainer@gmail.com if you want

Kind regards

Quote Originally Posted by imjustjoeking View Post

apriliaforum newb

Name:	mein1.jpg 
Size:	101.9 KB 
ID:	387662

Name:	mein2.jpg 
Size:	102.2 KB 
ID:	387663

Page 48 of 48 FirstFirst ... 38464748