Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 1426

Thread: XV Tuner ECU Tool

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SXVINWA View Post
    IdleCO and Fuel Offset are the two fuel trimming methods available to improve afr without getting into custom mapping and they are usually adjusted based on throttle response and butt dyno.

Since you will be on a dyno that should include a pipe sniffer, they should have the ability to spit you out a trim table to use to adjust the ecu map for optimal performance, rather than the basic IdleCO and Fuel Offset. Just provide them with the ecu throttle and engine rpm breakpoints so that their table is in line with the factory tables. Their default breakpoints are way different normally.
    Breakpoint?

Yes, breakpoint... lookup tables used by the ecu firmware to calculate things such as fuel injector pulse widths are like a spreadsheet. One axis is throttle position and the other is engine rpm. The XV table is 16x32 with the throttle position being broken into 16 “breakpoints” while the engine rpm is broken into 32 “breakpoints”. I guess you could think of them as reference points. If you are going to do any real tuning you are going to need some understanding of how the ecu relates physical hardware and sensors to the digital mapping within the map file.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by SXVINWA View Post
    What is your email address? I can send you the files, but you are not able to send PM yet.
    hello sxvinwa, i now that this is not maybe the right place but this is the only way that i can contact you.
    im trying again with no luck bringing my sxv 450 to life
    this time im having issues with xv tuner software our the xv cable. after connect the cable the software don't recognize any information from my bike all the parameters on the software stay blank. no atual map our serial number nothing a have a video of it if that i can post on uk aprilia supermoto if this help you,
    i dont now what can i do more for this bike always something the previous owner left the bike in a complete mess when i solve one problems another one occur.
    i know that i has being messing around with the tps air box screw, i bought a wr starter and make it fit on the sxv and a jmt lithium ion battery, but when trying to crank the engine nothing i have been trying for a while and nothing maybe is the tps a lot out of is position, this is my next step and after upload the 15030 map advised by allen noland...
    thanks in advance by another lost soul lol XD

Are your software and cable working correctly? Does the software detect the cable? Does the software indicate that it is attempting to connect to the ecu in the top right corner of the program? Have you ever connected to this bike successfully?

When you say when trying to crank nothing, does that mean the engine cranks and does not fire or does that mean the engine won’t even crank? Do you hear the fuel pump cycle when turning the power on?

apriliaforum newb
    [QUOTE=SXVINWA;4569816]IdleCO and Fuel Offset are the two fuel trimming methods available to improve afr without getting into custom mapping and they are usually adjusted based on throttle response and butt dyno.[QUOTE]

OK. So you mean after each run you look at the curve and try to guess for each breakpoint whether you should increase or decrease fuel Offset ?

Since you will be on a dyno that should include a pipe sniffer
    It does. But looking at my dbKilled Silmoto exhaust output, the mech wasn't too pleased. The probe seems rather big, so according to him it will ruin the power/torque figures.
    He suggested we would run without first, and use the probe in the end to validate there is no awkward AFR figure. But not as a development / customization tool per say.

Just provide them with the ecu throttle and engine rpm breakpoints so that their table is in line with the factory tables. Their default breakpoints are way different normally.
    And, errr, hum... where could that be found ?

Thanks for the detailed reply anyway
    Will try to sort things out with the Dyno Bench Mech.

It sounds like you would need to read a bit about the capabilities of the ecu tuning options to get a better understanding. IdleCO adjusts the bottom end of the rpm range while Fuell offset adjusts the entire rpm range. Using the two adjustments allows for general correction of running lean or rich. You cannot use IdleCO or Fuell Offset for specific areas.

You need to look at a fuel table with the appropriate editing software to see the breakpoints. XV Tuner has accurate breakpoint values, but TuneEdit has errors in its breakpoints; they are still close enough to work, though.

With a little luck your dyno guy will know what he is doing.

apriliaforum newb
    Ah ah
    OK.

I have XVTuner and the proper cable, but... no PC @home (Apple only). So I did not get the chance yet to run XVTuner to see what it looks like.
    Sorry for my dumb questions then. Just trying to gather as much info so that I can understand what's going on and where to head once the bike will be on the dyno bench.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    i think i lost my ecy,

i tried to re flash the stock map to see if it will solve the issue i had, when the bike was on the limiter it was losing spark and shuts off
    but failed to flash i got a error on erasing flash memory
    and i cant recover the ecu

twice with no reason it started the fan and the fuel pump and it wont start or flash or recover
    is there anything i can try or i am in for an ecu ?

What happens when you try to load a map; does it load initially then fail or does it do nothing?

What map are you loading; is it a oem or custom bin file?

What is your read delay setting currently?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    well it recovered after many attempts

i was trying to load the stock map on settings i use to have all the time
    it just got an error on erasing and that was it :P

now it looks like its ok when turning the key i can hear the fuel pump but my battery was drained when the ecu got the fan and pump on
    and i have it the charge now i will try tomorrow to start it but i think its ok now

the map i recovered it with was Nolands map for the arrow exhaust

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Does anyone have the dual arrow map for a 2012 550 SXV?

Can ecu from eu 2008 rxv550 version with narrow display can be mounted in regular sxv?

I have some guy who wants me to check his map nd settings but he is far away. Few people before sent theirs ecus to me, but never this rxv version.
    I think I read somwhere that this rxv might not have regular ecu-c unit, is it true ?
    2006 Aprilia SXV 450
    Tuneboy Cable available in Poland

Good odds that this ‘08 RXV EU model has the ECU-G, not the ECU-C. XV Tuner was not meant for the ECU-G ECU. The cable can be used, but must be used with the MXV software from Aprilia, if I remember correctly.

apriliaforum expert Allen Noland's Avatar
    The ‘08 euro model rxv had a different wiring harness, headlight and dashboard but still used the ECUC1. They didn’t start using the ECUG2 until 2009.
    Noland Trans-World Cycle
    7 East 1st Ave. Mountain Lake Park, MD 21550 * Phone (301) 616-2034 * e-mail allennoland@yahoo.com
    http://www.facebook.com/NolandTransWorldCycle

Oh, yeah..haha.. the new ecu wasn’t used until the release of the MXV in 2009, same as the conventional swingarm.

Page 95 of 96 FirstFirst ... 458593949596 LastLast