Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pegaso strada flakey engine paint what colour????

apriliaforum prov-nov Antrats73's Avatar

pegaso strada flakey engine paint what colour????

Hi does anybody know the colour code or name for the engine paint as mines got the common flaking problem and it let's the bike down on looks so need to try and get some heatproof paint made up cheers Antony

Hi Fella yep the paint is flaking on my peg too, it is used all through the winter but the engine paint is the only part of the finish that lets the peg down.If you come up with a solution plz let me know.The fair weather riders aint gonna know wot the feck we are on about, so its down to the allrounders to offer advice regards Robbie

Quote Originally Posted by robbie7334 View Post
    Hi Fella yep the paint is flaking on my peg too, it is used all through the winter but the engine paint is the only part of the finish that lets the peg down.If you come up with a solution plz let me know.The fair weather riders aint gonna know wot the feck we are on about, so its down to the allrounders to offer advice regards Robbie
    Haha I know what you mean I only got mine in December and have used virtually every day!! I've just managed to break a fair size piece of paint of mine and sent to a paint place where my brother has his paint made that make all paint types so hopefully they can scan it and make me some heatproof stuff up I'll let you know if they manage it and how it looks?? if it's looks good I'll order you some and post it to you if you like?? Cheers Antony

Quote Originally Posted by Antrats73 View Post
    Haha I know what you mean I only got mine in December and have used virtually every day!! I've just managed to break a fair size piece of paint of mine and sent to a paint place where my brother has his paint made that make all paint types so hopefully they can scan it and make me some heatproof stuff up I'll let you know if they manage it and how it looks?? if it's looks good I'll order you some and post it to you if you like?? Cheers Antony
    I've just ordered a model paint airbrush kit off eBay to hopefully apply the paint so I'll let you know how that goes aswell cheers Antony

I've just ordered a model paint airbrush kit off eBay to hopefully apply the paint so I'll let you know how that goes aswell cheers Antony
    Do you plan to remove all the old paint off the casing first?
    2006 Pegaso Trail
    Grey
    BMW Handguards
    Complete Snorkel Removal
    Mivv Carbon Exhausts

Here's a pic of one side of mine, I always rinse off a clean it but still ends up getting worse!! Not caused by abuse just commuting back and to work!!!! Really annoying!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by JamesQGM View Post
    Do you plan to remove all the old paint off the casing first?
    Hi,yes I want to remove right down and then use a decent etch primer before hand, I've got a little drimmel multi tool so hopefully thats up to the job! Cheers Antony

the other sides not as bad!

Not as bad this side!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Not as bad this side!!
    If the corrosion gets too bad, I found this on eBay.

[ame="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280597080436&ssPageNam e=STRK:MEWAX:IT"]Clutch Cover[/ame]

paint

That would be geat thanks very much because the flakeing on my bike is almost identical to yours.And like you said it does stand out for all the wrong reasons regards Robbie
    Last edited by robbie7334; 05-25-2011 at 02:24 PM. Reason: missed word

paints a no go!!!

That would be geat thanks very much because the flakeing on my bike is almost identical to yours.And like you said it does stand out for all the wrong reasons regards Robbie

Bad news on the paint!! They can't make up the paint they only do certain shades of heatproof stuff and they are way out of the engine color gutted!! Looks like a color change and full engine respray!!!

Have you tried these people?
    http://www.rsbikepaint.com/

EDIT: Sorry! My mistake. I think that site is for bodywork paint and not engine.
    Last edited by wuming; 06-12-2011 at 02:30 AM.
    无名-傻子老外!
    -----------------
    2006 Pegaso Trail Now sold

http://wuminglondontokl.blogspot.com/

Just to show you the bits painted by a good friend of mine!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	180685  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	53 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	180686  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	100 
Size:	164.5 KB 
ID:	180687  

apriliaforum newb
    http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/autoperfor...id=p4340.l2559 Shop link.
    Try this link on ebay, I have done my engine it is pretty much as near as your are going to get, it is high temp engine paint you can't use ordinary paint, you will also need to put a high temp engine laquer on top of it though as the base colour is king of matt finnish, once laquered it is almost an exact match.
    See the link below for the actual paint.

XHT High Temperature Temp Paint Engine Protect Graphite

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=330472991699

My bike stays out on the sidewalk since 2007. It's been 7 years now outside on the rain and I've got zero flaking.
    The plastics have seen better days, but the engine paint-job is spotless.
    Granted, we get far less rain here in Greece compared to the UK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast