Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AF1 Racing is opening a 2nd dealership in downtown Austin

Max Lean Angle / Administrator Ed / AF1 Racing's Avatar

AF1 Racing is opening a 2nd dealership in downtown Austin

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT

AF1 Racing is opening a second dealership in downtown Austin very soon.

Over the past year, AF1 Racing has secured the Austin market rights to Aprilia, Vespa, Piaggio and Moto-Guzzi. Yes, we are adding Moto-Guzzi to both our showrooms, which we are very excited about. We cant wait for the upcoming V7 café racer that looks awesome. We hope to have the new Austin dealership open and running in just a few weeks from today. The keys to the building arrived just 3 days ago.

We had originally planned on moving the whole shop to Austin, but could not find a suitable location for our whole operation, so we settled on a nice 5300 sq ft building in the heart of downtown Austin on E. Cesar Chavez St. The location has plenty of free parking and has very easy access from I-35 and Mopac.

We’ll keep running the 20,000 sq ft New Braunfels location as it currently is. Bike sales, parts sales, phone, internet and mail-orders will still be handled out of NB, along with dyno work, and big service projects. NB will continue to house our racing operations, and huge parts warehouse. The Austin location will be a full sales, parts, and service center for all the brands on its own.

The Austin location will have normal dealership hours of Tuesday-Saturday and we plan to stay open real late on Fridays making it a fun downtown hangout spot. New Braunfels will remain a Monday-Friday shop because of the internet, mail order, and shipping operations.

We’re very excited about the new opportunities Austin will bring us.

We finally get to be back where we started...

More to come...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	af1austin.JPG 
Views:	286 
Size:	157.8 KB 
ID:	162732  

Congratulations!!

I've always believed that you guys were the best, now this is confirming it. So when's the location at the track going to open? Then H-town?
    It was a dark and stormy night. In the distance, a Duc howled. Adjust my valves, adjust my valves. - jrflanne

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
    Congratulations!!

I've always believed that you guys were the best, now this is confirming it. So when's the location at the track going to open? Then H-town?
    Thanks,

we might decide to build the big shop at the track, and keep a small space in town for quick sales, parts, and service.....a big shop at the track would be awesome.

Houston....we'll pass, none of us want to live there.

I'll take the two hours to NB or Austin over the 30 something that it was from Calgary.

Amazing work guys. Just think, it wasn't that long ago that you didn't even sell bikes...

So who's going to be working out of where?
    It was a dark and stormy night. In the distance, a Duc howled. Adjust my valves, adjust my valves. - jrflanne

Quote Originally Posted by Ed / AF1 Racing View Post
    Thanks,

we might decide to build the big shop at the track, and keep a small space in town for quick sales, parts, and service.....a big shop at the track would be awesome.

Houston....we'll pass, none of us want to live there.
    Congrats Ed, glad you guys finally came out about it!

Maybe you can make it to Fort Worth sometime? I see more and more Apes this way every year.
    I couldn't tell you how many riders I tell to go to your shop. Good luck in Austin!
    CMRA

Sidi Boots
    Motonation
    Vesrah Brakes
    BD Racing
    Dunlop
    Race Tire Services
    Lucas Oil
    Vortex Racing
    Shorai Batteries
    North Texas Superbikes

1964 Vespa:
    133c/4spd conversion
    2008 Yamaha R6 #728

Congrats, guys.
    '03 Black/Silver
    ARROW CF slip-ons & chip
    Genuine Aprilia Falco Luggage (panniers)
    Puig Dark Smoke touring screen (thanks Mfed)
    Ohlins shock....not installed (yet)

“An intelligent person can rationalize anything, a wise person doesn't try.”
    ― Jen Knox

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
    So who's going to be working out of where?
    Jon mainly, along with Brandon (the old Vespa Austin mechanic) and Thovas (he ran Vespa Austin sales before). I'll be there Fridays and Saturdays doing whatever.

Everyone else stays in NB pretty much, as the NB is still the main hub of our operations (internet and phone orders). We'll be looking at adding a A+ tech there as well depending on work loads (we got a guy picked out). Micah, Steve, Kirk, Ted, shipping/receiving guys, Schuyler all stay here in NB.

People, bikes, and parts will be going back and forth daily. I'm stuck in NB until my house sells. We're still looking for the big shop space we need to move the whole show there.

apriliaforum expert PlatinumRSV's Avatar
    Congrats!! New F1 track and now a new AF1 location...Austin looks like it is the place to be!

EDIT - I am thinking about getting a second bike in the future that would be different enough from my 2004 RSVR Factory. The Triumph Thruxton was at the top of this list but thanks to AF1, I will also be considering the Moto Guzzi V7 Café Classic
    Last edited by PlatinumRSV; 05-17-2011 at 01:12 PM.
    -=Steve=-

2001 Aprilia RSV Mille - SOLD - Custom Paint / Chrome Wheels / Leo Vince High Mount / Integrated Tail Lights / Yamaha Starter Relay / TruGel Battery / Fender Eliminator

2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory - Akrapovič Full System / Sato Rear Sets / Apex Adjustable Clip-Ons / Puig Windscreen / Spiegler Brake & Clutch Lines / AF1 Lowering Links / Adjustable Kickstand / Fork & Swing-arm Sliders / Fender Eliminator

RareSportBikesForSale.com | Adam Carolla CarCast | German Cars For Sale Blog | AF1 Racing

More importantly, when's the party? I'm sensing AF1 Ride-In v3.0

apriliaforum expert
    No shit!

We need a HUGE Friday grand opening shin dig so we can bring our Apes up and show these damn Austinites what real motorcycles are!
    a long lost soul -- who will never be a legend.

We'll do a big party in the Fall probably when it cools off and things settle into a rythem. We just want to open it ASAP. We could do a nice ride from one shop through the Hill Country to the other shop.

apriliaforum expert
    I can be your mascot! I'll be more than willing to stand outside the store with a big ol A on my body for free.

Buahah.

I can't wait for the shop. I'm excited over here. WOOO!
    a long lost soul -- who will never be a legend.

apriliaforum Member
    Sweet, congrats.

I'm going to be passing through there in early september. . now I have 2 places to stop.

Big news, big congrats. With the economy at least leveling out, things should go up quickly for the new shop. Imagine the web sales must be up with all the Ape dealers that have closed around the nation. I spoke to the local shop and they are choosing not to get any RSV4's because of the $10,000 required investment called for by Noale for tools alone.
    potere - italian for power
    have M1 permit, will travel

Quote Originally Posted by potere View Post
    Big news, big congrats. With the economy at least leveling out, things should go up quickly for the new shop. Imagine the web sales must be up with all the Ape dealers that have closed around the nation. I spoke to the local shop and they are choosing not to get any RSV4's because of the $10,000 required investment called for by Noale for tools alone.
    it doesnt cost $10K in tools to sell the V4...maybe $5K tops if you dont have a navigator computer which you need for all the other models. $2K is more realistic.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast