Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RS125R 1999 Model With 2005 Poggiali Panels (THE WHITE ONE) PROJECT

apriliaforum expert

RS125R 1999 Model With 2005 Poggiali Panels (THE WHITE ONE) PROJECT

Haya guys thought i might aswell let u guys see my new toy which i got the other day for 900 its a RS125R 1999 Model with the White Poggiali Panels from the 2005 model it has the odd scratch here and there but relativetly good for its age and its a RS aswell and to be fair not many people will take the time to look after a 125 Unless ur a bike freak like many of us

Even tho i bought it for 900 which i think is a good price for a rs and for the panels it has on it, it does have its bad points...

Needs full ignition set
    Packing in the Exhaust
    Stand fixing (Fixed already took 30 mins and a fuck load of drilling )
    New Dials (Previous owner is giving me the new set and a free pair of bar ends (New))

But the bike has its good points also...

Its a Rs125 R with the Poggial white panels and they ant in bad condition really
    full tyga performance exhaust
    Starts off the button with choke on first time
    Never been crashed (cant find a hint of crash damage only scratchs of where it dropped when the stand broke.)
    Its Mine
    12 months MOT & Tax + History and i know where it was bought from in plymouth my town.

On this bike tbh there any much to do fixing wise so any spare money will be going towards paddock stands, 34mm carb and extra goodies like the Aprilia exhaust hanger and heel plates which the bike already had when i bought it

This is where im working on the bike to my underground storage room (it took me 30 mins to get the bike down the steps through a narrow passage way but atleast no fucker can nick the bike now since tbh ever since i put pics on fb alot of people have commented on it and its gained alot of interest so im very worried about when its on road im gonna hide it alot i think

This is the worst scratch on the bike im either gonna get it touched up or replace the panel eventually im not sure yett tbh what do u guys think also guys what do u think i should do with the bike ive got 4 months till im 17 so ive got the time and i can get the money
    Last edited by xXxKillDogxXx; 05-12-2011 at 04:47 PM.

Tecnologia Reparto Corse RS_Patrick's Avatar
    looks nice, that scratch doesnt look to bad also.

apriliaforum expert
    cheers bud what ya think then worth the 900?

Looks good to me mate, id defo have snatched that for 900. Whats the millege on it? What sort of work has it had done in the past? Any thing been changed recently on the bike?

---------------------------------------------------

De-Restricted
    Yellow Rim Tape
    Write off

apriliaforum expert
    Well just looking at the bike and from the previous owner telling me its had

Tyga Exhaust
    Carbon yoke cover
    Carbon levers
    Aprilia RS Exhaust hanger and heel plates
    Another thing is that he has had it over Oiling since hes had it like cm in front of the mark on the oil pump which i suppose is a good sign

Miles is 24310 KM but the dials have been broken since he had it and he has had it around 3-4 months and he drives it everyday to work and back so i guessing around 26k alteast now

Its had New rear tyre
    New rear pads
    also it was the Black/Orange rs but the place they bought it from changed the panels to the Poggial panels which is a bonus, and its never been crashed ther is not even the slightest sign of a crash no scratches on the pegs, frame, rear or front only marks front where it was dropped when the stand broke which is now fixxed also the front headlight is perfectly straight which is a good indication of crash damage

apriliaforum expert Aprilia af1's Avatar
    Very nice rs 125. I like the poggiali colour scheme ones. Don't seem to be too many around.
    Good luck with whatever you're going to do to it.
    Aprilia af1 50 replica 1992
    rv6 engine, polini 47mm 70cc top end
    19mm carb, doppler er1 exhaust, derbi gpr50 cdi unit.
    malossi reed block standard reeds. 13/40 sprockets
    75mph at 11,500rpm clocked by a landrover freelander(probably more like 70mph).

Other Bike: Aprilia af1 125 replica de-restricted from factory. SOLD

apriliaforum expert
    Im just tidying it up AF1 and fixing a few things also Ive fixxed the stand

and ive also gotta repack the exhaust ive took the old crap out now and cleaned the inners a bit ready for new packing

I still gotta get the front off and replace the dials aswell but waiting on the previous owner to pass them to me.

Im thinking of getting my calipers painted but what colour "Red", "Gold" or "Black"

IT really Needed the gearbox oil changed!

And why has this been cut ive heard the snorkle is a restriction?

Also ive got my oil pump setup just a little bit infront of the mark just to be on the safe side

The frame dont half come up good with 5 secs of polish haa gonna do it properly sooner

apriliaforum expert
    Hay guys i want ur input on this bike since im unsure what way to go about it as in adding extras like carbon and tail tidys

Theres a nice MKT Tail Tidy on Ebay for A rs125 which i like its like 100 but it is really lush
    I can get a 34mm carb for 80 (But does it fit the stock manifold?)
    I really do want crash bobbins but is it worth it?

Would can i do to make my bike stand out in the crowd even more than it already does i dont wanna go OTT because to be onest its a smart bike already maybe i could replace the side panel that is damaged there like 100 on ebay new

Rs125 forum.
    Loving my new Rs125

2004 Aprilia Rs50
    Performance
    Full Arrrow exhaust system
    DR Racing 73.5cc bore kit
    Visual
    Dark smoke double-bubble screen
    Chrome brake & clutch levers
    Front Arrow indicators
    Rear carbon-fibre indicators
    Handle bar ends (Silver)
    Tank pad (Carbon fibre effect)

apriliaforum expert
    Excuse me ?

Hang on one sec while i correct u...

The Rs125 forum Is 2009 USA Only and also if u have a look at many of the project threads they are not all about rs50s yes the majority are but not all if there was really a problem with me posting here if would have been moved by now and also im sure patrick or AF1 would have also commented the same thing as u did so.

Since no-one other that ur blunt comment has done i dont see the problem thanks

Also if u wanna be like this, what the hell is ur CPI Project doing in this section then?

tbh who gives a shit if this should be posted on the 125 fourm. If he wanted it there, he woulda put it there.

Any way, keep up the pics. Would be nice to see it all finished and cleaned up!

---------------------------------------------------

De-Restricted
    Yellow Rim Tape
    Write off

apriliaforum expert
    Cheers bud nice to see some interest

Plans for the near future is
    Pack and re-rivit the end can and fit it
    adjust the chain
    buy and fit the new lock set
    Buy and fit a new speedo drive (anyone got a spare)
    Remove and fit new dials
    charge the battery

then its polish time im using auto sol on the frame but im unsure what to use on the panels i was thinking AutoGlym Plastic conditioner?

Ok then i didn't ask for a n argument i just thought you might get more information and help in the rs125 form thats all i meant, I wasn't trying to be cheeky or anything , sorry mate. The cpi has the moto minirelli am6 engine. Anyway keep uploading the pics i want to see more if this.
    Loving my new Rs125

2004 Aprilia Rs50
    Performance
    Full Arrrow exhaust system
    DR Racing 73.5cc bore kit
    Visual
    Dark smoke double-bubble screen
    Chrome brake & clutch levers
    Front Arrow indicators
    Rear carbon-fibre indicators
    Handle bar ends (Silver)
    Tank pad (Carbon fibre effect)

apriliaforum expert
    Sorry it just it came across that way and will do bud might do some more work tomoz not sure yett tbh all it is now is money so i can buy the new parts everything is prepped and ready just need new parts to fit always a pain in the ass when ur waiting on money :/

apriliaforum expert
    Looks like the other set of dials are coming saturday guys but tbh i never thought of it but any chance anyone would know why my LED dial on my rs125 only reads the number 15 or 16 and nothing else its broken as far as i know just wondering if its a common problem but tbh its a 1999 bike wear and tear i suppose

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast