Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Clutch slave cylinder seal. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by EVL Plastics View Post
    I have just purchased 2 for my Capo, very nice company to deal with, i should have them tomorrow, they are now 2.50 + VAT, still very good.

Thank you ATL Hydraulics Ltd Phone: 0116 294 9089
    I've had one of these in for 4 years now without problems I got a pack of ten and have one in a little plastic box in the bikes tool kit in case it goes on the road I've a brand new Oberon in my parts bin at home that I may fit as it makes the clutch lighter

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by dipso441 View Post
    I just bought 2 x POLY U 28-20-4 seals from
    ATL Hydraulics Ltd
    18 Kingsley St
    Leicester LE2 6DL.

3.46 for two inc VAT, against 11.98 + VAT EACH on the Aprilia parts list.
    If these are correct fitment & successful, I`ll post on the `Parts Suppliers` sticky above.

Cheers, dipso441
    HELP - NO.
    POLY seals are eaten by Brake Fluid. Clearly they lasted 500 miles. You NEED EDPM for Brake Fluid.

Quote Originally Posted by katoosh525 View Post
    HELP - NO.
    POLY seals are eaten by Brake Fluid. Clearly they lasted 500 miles. You NEED EDPM for Brake Fluid.
    It’s not gone on mine still good

apriliaforum Junkie
    Just for reference: I bought a poly seal for my clutch slave a couple of months ago. I replaced the whole unit with an Oberon one yesterday. Note the blue residue around the cylinder in the old one, I'm presuming it's the new seal breaking up. (I haven't pulled the cylinder out yet as it's now off the bike - and needs a wee bit of hydraulic pressure to pop it out!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9481.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	386592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9486.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	386593

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by goldencapo View Post
    Just for reference: I bought a poly seal for my clutch slave a couple of months ago. I replaced the whole unit with an Oberon one yesterday. Note the blue residue around the cylinder in the old one, I'm presuming it's the new seal breaking up. (I haven't pulled the cylinder out yet as it's now off the bike - and needs a wee bit of hydraulic pressure to pop it out!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9481.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	386592Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9486.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	386593
    The Blue stuff breaking up is indeed the Poly seal being eaten by the brake fluid. You need EDPM - Poly is not an option with brake fluid.
    Kit of parts here if you don't want to go to the dealers: https://www.makewoodgood.com/product/brembo-clutch-slave-cylinder-repair-kit-for-aprilia-and-ducati-motorcycles/

I think Haga Lout must have been very lucky indeed to get years out of them. I would love to see a picture when you next do have a look Haga. Would you post one here please?

That kit should probably be added to the oem parts sticky.
    2002 Capo Wilbers rear shock, Wilbers front progressive springs, Metal fuel connectors, polaris sh775 series regulator direct wired, silicone vacuum lines, catfish map, CNC clutch slave, autoelectrics coils (2)sides, Triumph Denso 3990's centers, k&n air filter, all LED lighting, SS brake and clutch lines, Givi tall screen, Triumph tiger 955i mirrors, dual horns. Pure copper 4 gauge battery cables. Rox risers.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Kommando View Post
    I did not like the thought of using the Polyurethane PU seals as they do not mix with Dot 3 or 4 so I tracked down some EDPM seals which you can get from

https://maydayseals.co.uk

3 or 4 day lead time so must be machined, cost was 27 for 3 inc postage, 1 alone would be 12 ish depending on postage.

Other option is FDM coupled with a change to DOT 5 which gets around the slave issue but then potentially gives master cylinder issues as its seals may not be DOT5 compatible.
    Are they the same part # as dipso's Poly seals he sourced?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234