Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: A cheaper lowering option in the uk?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Hello! Where you able to install the lowering kit/washer? Please let me know how it turned out. Thanks.

Look, I've never experimented with this sort of shit but given the problems with the rear tyre rubbing holes in the petrol tank on the early models because Luigi stuck the vent valve in back to front and the tank swelling surely lowering the back end by an inch or more is going to be??? errr??? *Risky* WRT tyre/tank clearance.

Just sayin'......

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Thanks Pete. Kinda new with this..so you're saying there isn't a safe way to lower the Mana; other than maybe shaving the seat?

No. Not saying there isn't a safe way. Simply be aware that if you lower the back the wheel obviously starts off closer to the tank. That being the case it is important that you check that when the shock is at full compression the tyre isn't going to be rubbing on the tank.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Copy that. I'm having the seat shaved. I'll look into other means of lowering it if i need more. Thanks Pete.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    For fellow height-challenged riders. The seat was shaved and the "washer" installed, front forks lowered half an inch or so, Mana is sitting low. Can't wait to ride. Will post pictures for those interested folks. Thanks.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345