Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Picked up my new V7 Classic today!

apriliaforum expert HighPlainsRider's Avatar
    Couldn't they make that number plate a bit bigger. That thing must act like an air brake ala Bugatti Veyron.
    '05 Tuono Factory

Mods: 2-2 Ti Akra w/Akra chip; Renegade CF airbox; HID low beam; 'R' matt CF seat hump; 16:44 gearing and Supersprox rear sprocket.

Very pretty, same colour as the wife's. I see the farkling has already started. How do you like the screen? I didn't mind it but the wife had a real problem with head buffeting, no matter matter how it was adjusted. It was replaced with the new Dart flyscreen which works fine for her. And the pipes, are they Mistrals? The stock pipes definitely get louder and develop a deeper in tone as they age, but still considering some modification in the future.

I really love getting out on the V7 for a blast. In physical size it reminds me of a solid 250cc with really good grunt. Can also be hussled along as long as you keep up the pace through corners - that's where better shocks and tyres really help.
    Gil
    'Its only rock n roll but I like it....'

apriliaforum expert

Cool

I've got Mistral 'race' cans and i've also gone for full touring mode with a neat Guzzi tank bag, Hepco Becker panniers, 30 litre, and engine bars and screen. Cans sound fruity and burble beautifully on overrun with a grunty sound and quite loud with the baffles still in. Rides well in a relaxed way but still running in so only limited bursts of hustling her but thus far i'm loving the retro feel, the squirm of skinny tyres and the flex of the frame.....cool.
    Aprilia V4R APRC
    BMWR1200RT
    HONDA SP2 VTR RC51 TRACK BIKE
    BMW R1200R
    MOTO GUZZI V7 CLASSIC
    YAMAHA R1 2007 STREETFIGHTER
    APRILIA RSVR
    APRILIA TUONO 2003
    KAWASAKI ZXR750 TRACK BIKE
    KAWASAKI ZX600R
    APRILIA RS250
    YAMAHA 600 TENERE DAKAR
    DUCATI DARMAH 900SD
    SUZUKI GT185
    KAWASAKI GPZ600R
    YAMAHA TY175
    YAMAHA RD350YPVS
    KAWASAKI GPZ305 AWFUL BIKE
    KAWASAKI Z550
    SUZUKI DR125

Watch this: http://www.dailymotion.com/Omen4/vid...t-2006_extreme

taking a breather...

V7

Well, I've just chopped in my 1100 Griso for one of these.
    Actually it's the limited edition cafe racer version but is essentially the same bike.
    I have never ridden a small block before and never even got a test ride but I saw, I wanted and I have now bought.
    My primary concern was the lack of grunt compared to my old Griso but I needn't have worried.
    This thing fly's and considering it's relative low power output, doesn't feel lacking at all.
    Amazing little engine.
    The only time I miss the old big block, is after about 80mph, where the little 750 starts to run out of steam, but it's all day comfortable at that speed, and still has a bit in reserve to quick safe overtaking.
    Put quite simply, this is one of the best things I've done in nearly 30 years of riding.
    (Click on images to enlarge)

Quote Originally Posted by The Dr.Jon View Post
    Picked up my new V7 Classic today!
    Very pretty, same colour as the wife's.
    The prosecution rests.
    Some people will tell you that slow is good Ė but Iím here to tell you that fast is better. Iíve always believed this, in spite of the trouble itís caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.
    Do Not Be Offended By Anything I Post. I Generally Talk Out Of My Arse.

One of the easiest products / vehicles I've ever had the responsibility of selling- underpowered compared to the Triumphs but then again, many people shopping in this segment aren't in it for the HP. Congratulations on the bike, enjoy!

Very nice bike. I love V7 Guzzi
    1976 Honda CB550
    2005 Ducati Monster S4RS
    2009 Ducati 1198S
    2011 Aprilia RSV4 Factory
    2012 Moto Guzzi V7 Special

apriliaforum expert
    Does he wear slippers and a smoking jacket now?
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamcoxon View Post
    The prosecution rests.
    Fast red 03 Tuono, dual Renegade exhaust, Renegade style intake, FP Tuono chip, 57mm TB's. SOLD
    1989 Kawasaki ZX 10 with a modded 2003 ZZR1200 motor. 41mm Keihin Flat-slides with the long stacks, stick coils, and a Micron pipe. I forgot the comfy Concours clip-ons.

apriliaforum expert

Cool

Just back from a fine days riding on the Surrey and Sussex lanes with FACESLIDER on his Gixxer Thou, his mate Dean on a Triumph 1050 and earlier Twin4me and HarryH on Tuonos and had no probs leading or following as I pogo'd along on the Guzzi. 400 miles on the clock in 2 days of riding and all good. Only revving upto 6000 (with the odd blast above) and I'm having fun.

Leather jacket and kevlar jeans is my current gear of choice....but would love a Belstaff jacket, but skint at the mo.

Aprilia V4R APRC
    BMWR1200RT
    BMW R1200R
    MOTO GUZZI V7 CLASSIC
    APRILIA RSVR
    APRILIA TUONO 2003
    KAWASAKI ZX600R
    APRILIA RS250
    YAMAHA 600 TENERE DAKAR
    DUCATI DARMAH 900SD
    SUZUKI GT185
    KAWASAKI GPZ600R
    YAMAHA TY175
    YAMAHA RD350YPVS
    KAWASAKI GPZ305 AWFUL BIKE
    KAWASAKI Z550
    SUZUKI DR125

Watch this: http://www.dailymotion.com/Omen4/vid...t-2006_extreme

Nurburgring... been, there, done that, got the sticker
    I thought you made "good progress" all morning, especially as you didn't really bother to slow down during overtaking sections of heavy traffic, it's all about momentum I guess...

Seriously, it went really well and some of those lanes I went down were super bumpy.
    You really only need three things for bike maintenance
    If it moves and it shouldn't - Duct tape
    If it doesn't move and it should - WD40
    ...and if it falls off and you want to reattach it - Cable ties.

Stunning bike, keep looking at the v7 cafe when I'm at my local dealer, a lad who I see on my local roads has the cafe in white, open face helmet, set of sunglasses, old leather jacket and jeans and he is always smiling from ear to ear when ever I see him.

I'm sure he has the arrow cans on and have to say it sounds amazing.

Very jealous indeed, enjoy the toy

Bedale, North Yorkshire / Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Gotta say DJ, never thought I'd see you on one of those, hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoyed the 45,000 miles I put on my Le Mans II.
    One bonus, that hopefully you won't get too involved in, it's a piece of piss to strip down and rebuild.
    Steve

When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber.
    Winston Churchill.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesey View Post
    Well, I've just chopped in my 1100 Griso for one of these.
    Actually it's the limited edition cafe racer version but is essentially the same bike.
    I have never ridden a small block before and never even got a test ride but I saw, I wanted and I have now bought.
    My primary concern was the lack of grunt compared to my old Griso but I needn't have worried.
    This thing fly's and considering it's relative low power output, doesn't feel lacking at all.
    Amazing little engine.
    The only time I miss the old big block, is after about 80mph, where the little 750 starts to run out of steam, but it's all day comfortable at that speed, and still has a bit in reserve to quick safe overtaking.
    Put quite simply, this is one of the best things I've done in nearly 30 years of riding.
    Might I say that is one damn fine looking motorcycle. I remember the chromo Monster and thought it was cheesy. The little Guzzi is just plain beautiful.
    Bikes:
    2007.5 Tuono-Black, with 1102cc's of micah's badness!
    2012 Griso-Silver and black, Agostini pipe, some carbon bits.
    2006 Vespa GT200-bitubo suspension all around, Malossi big-bore, head and cam, Akrapovic pipe, all put together by Micah.

gone 2002 Caponord-Oyster gray (as faithful as a hound dog)
    gone Futura-Red (on the AF1 showroom floor. Get some.)

The more I learn about people, the more I appreciate rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesey View Post
    Amazing little engine.
    Ahhhhhhh. You have discovered why I like to tell forum members that I love riding "girl" bikes, i.e. Small Blocks.
    Just ride roads that have curves so tight you can never get above third gear and you will whip everyone.
    Yes, I have a V65. Bitchin machine.

DungeonMaster
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

apriliaforum expert

Cool

It sure is all about momentum riding these sweet little machines. I'm loving it and thanks all for the kind words (Graham Coxon aside that is....)

Aprilia V4R APRC
    BMWR1200RT
    BMW R1200R
    MOTO GUZZI V7 CLASSIC
    APRILIA RSVR
    APRILIA TUONO 2003
    KAWASAKI ZX600R
    APRILIA RS250
    YAMAHA 600 TENERE DAKAR