Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Interview with the creator of the Futura - your questions please?

apriliaforum Junkie
    Question: Did you consider supplying the Futura with a rear rack and / or trunk? What about other ST stuff as options, such as: adjustable seat, adjustable windscreen, etc. What was the thought process around these issues?

apriliaforum expert
    Did this interview ever take place?
    Never wrestle with a pig... you get dirty and the pig enjoys it...

Quote Originally Posted by PaulZX9R View Post
    Did this interview ever take place?
    Gee, I was just wondering the same thing
    I am not here. What is "here"? Isn't "here" just "there" without a "t" ?

apriliaforum expert northern phil's Avatar
    Interview has not happened yet.

Thanks to the worldwide recesion we all find ourselves in, Pat is goin thru bit of a tough time at minute keepin a roof over his head. All his energy is devoted to earning cash presently. Think we are near the bottom of his list of priorities at moment guys.

Phil.

No biggy, family comes first.
    I am not here. What is "here"? Isn't "here" just "there" without a "t" ?

apriliaforum Member
    I just came across this thread. Did the interview happen?

apriliaforum newb
    Just reliving this... Did the interview ever happen?

Just still want to say thank you to over 65000km of fun :-)

I found this interesting article a while back on apriliafutura.uk regarding the development of the Futura.

The man of the hour is Pierluigi Marconi, the mastermind behind an amazing project at aprilia. It was quite unique, development happening at a separate location, Italian cloak-and-dagger secret work.

Spoiler alert: be forewarned, the HTML of that website is scary, with a HUGE banner that remains occupying a large percentage of the screen. Even scarier if you are browsing with a mobile device. Would be splendid if someone from the site could go and fix that mess...

Bob

apriliaforum expert northern phil's Avatar
    That website was set up by a past member of this forum. Captainfutura.

All on his own with nothing gained from it, all because of his love for this bike.

This was his last bike, before retiring from motorcycling for a number of reasons.

He even re-hashed the site long after leaving this site and retiring from biking.

Great bloke, enjoyed a few futura meets with Pat.

Quote Originally Posted by northern phil View Post
    That website was set up by a past member of this forum. Captainfutura.

All on his own with nothing gained from it, all because of his love for this bike.

This was his last bike, before retiring from motorcycling for a number of reasons.

He even re-hashed the site long after leaving this site and retiring from biking.

Great bloke, enjoyed a few futura meets with Pat.

04 Silver,FPR Mod,Derestrict Airbox,Mille Boot,Reg/Rec Mod.,05 Map,Heated Grips,Smoked Screen,Beftura Forks,Scottoiler,Stone Chips,Scratches...

The Art of Bodge-It Never Fails.

Never met Pat but he helped me out now and again on this forum and still does on his Futura UK site.
    Andy

Current: 2002 Futura RST in Silver
    Datatagged, 05 Map, Metal QD, H Pipe, Bef Cans, RSV De-restrictive Snorkel, RSV Forks & Brakes upgrade, NGK DCPR8EIX Iridiums, Earthed Throttlebodies, FPR Mod, Vee Max Starter Solenoid with uprated cables, FH008EE RR & Wiring Mods, NWS Hugger, Oxford OF691 Touring Hotgrips, Accessory & USB Sockets, HID Headlight, Pirelli Angel GT's

Up in Flames: 2001 Futura RST in Blue
    Datatagged, 05 Map, Skidmarx DB Screen & Hugger, K&N Filter, Brown Connectors soldered, R&G Hotgrips,
    Acumen DGV, Scottoiler, Accessory Socket. BikeVis Bullets

apriliaforum Member chefdanny69's Avatar
    i spoke to the maker of our Futuras! i found him on face book and sent him a message telling him how much i love the bike and that i am so happy he made it happen! and other things! well he responded to me and he told me that he has one to this day! and that he was excited that i love my futura! he is a cool guy and its cool that he still owns a futura!

Indeed, Pierluigi is on Facebook. I am elated to see that he has a Futura to this day.

I find it amazing that I personally went from one rare and unique motorcycle, a Honda CBX, to another one even rarer I believe, the aprilia Futura. If kind of gives me a unique perspective, going from an inline six sport tourer based on a superbike of known acclaim, to another machine with the same history, converting a monster into one that you can enjoy every day.

It never ceases to amaze me, how smooth a V-twin can be. Having that six cylinder, believe me, I know what smooth is all about. In retrospect, the Futura requires but a fraction of the TLC that CBX did.

Bob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234