Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Parts compatibility: Can-Am Rotax 449 to Aprilia V990

I got to ride a Super Single last fall. They are quite addictive!
    http://www.trackdaymag.com/Articles/...--Single!.aspx

What a shame that he totalled that beautiful bike. It's like someone died when that happens. You're just heartbroken.
    Senior Editor for Trackdaymag.com
    Bikes:track 03 Mille R, track 06 GSXR600, 88 FZR400/600 lightweight superbike ex-racer returned to street duty

apriliaforum prov-nov The Benz Master's Avatar
    This thing has been lurking in the back of my mind for a while now... So I just got myself a short block of one of these with the intent of using some RSV top end components with a custom stroker crank. Unless i find a cheap recent dirtbike with blown motor, this thing will end up in my 07 KTM 505 for supermoto and snowbike duty.

I got both gen heads and a few different cams to play with... Which one should i go with?

I was thinking about starting with stroker crank (67.5mm stroke, same as V990) on stock bore with a twin plug head but with RSVR intake camshafts and stock milleR exhaust cam.
    Any benefit by using a single plug head? I heard the guys making more power by making the ports smaller so the huge ports from a single plug head might now be the best...

On which engines are the guys getting 160hp with big bore only? single or dual plug?

apriliaforum newb
    Hi all.
    Has anyone used the cam chain tensioners from the CanAm Spyder in the Falco or RSV? Are they compatible? If they are, which year?

apriliaforum expert
    Yes canam spyder tensioner is compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by Polux RSV View Post
    And cams have lower lift and duration
    I made contact with derbybrit1 a while back and he advised me
    Web camshafts ground him cams for his punisher mile bike using cams from this engine. So maybe worth a look if someone wants some hot custom cams.

Finally got around putting this engine in a dirtbike. Plan is to build a stroker crank and 102mm piston to bring it to 550cc with aprilia camshafts. The stock 45hp isn't cutting it right now

Nice!
    ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    www.gabroracingteam.it

Visit my FB page and like it!
    https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam

Great effort on shoe horning the that motor into the berg. The mille cams might push the rev ceiling to high for that engine, maybe get the cam sprockets machined first and play with cam timing.
    With your bigbore you may need to increase the exhaust diameter, to get the best gains made on bigbore vtwins are with 60mm header pipes. Keep us updated, top project!
    Last edited by jess67; 02-05-2018 at 05:29 AM.

Redline on this engine is 10500, just like the aprilia so it shoukd be ok. Right now peak power is around 8000, it's very limited.

For the header pipe i was planning on replicating the tigcraft header pipe i have on my RSV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12