Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1367

Thread: TuneEcu, Free injection mapping and diagnostic for Caponord/Futura.

I think my map is good. Just finished a 2 day, 347 mile group ride. Best gas mileage of the 12 of us, and the only Adv style bike.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert
    Trying to read a map on a US bike tuneecu says map not recognised when trying to read and download is not possible either itís greyed out. Bit stuck helping someone out Iím in uk lol

any suggestions with tuneecu? Plug connections checked and a stable green connection is possible
    Me n' Mine:-

2006 Caponord ETV 1000 "Twiki"
    2004 Tuono Racing Rep, Full Carbon with SBK 2-2 Akro's
    2002 ZX636 A1P Ninja list of mods is endless
    "Made in Italy....Perfected in my Garage"
    I've never questioned why I ride, it's as basic as breathing.

try to lower COM port speed
    Aprilia bikes ECU tuning and reflashes since 2004!
    --
    Please like and Follow the #gabroracingteam socials!
    FB: https://www.facebook.com/gabroracingteam
    IG: https://www.instagram.com/gabroracingteam
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/GabroRacingTeam-GRT

Quote Originally Posted by Tarks View Post
    Trying to read a map on a US bike tuneecu says map not recognised when trying to read and download is not possible either itís greyed out. Bit stuck helping someone out Iím in uk lol

any suggestions with tuneecu? Plug connections checked and a stable green connection is possible

Does the read map function start & show the green progress bar as it goes? Does that read function complete & then says the map is not recognized?

All of the gory details matter. Always reply with an exact quote of the software & all details of what you did & saw. What computer, speed, & Windows version?

Some older computers had comm issues because TuneECU software talked to interface faster than it can respond. I was successful with my old laptop of running a video in VLC in the background to slow the computer down to to make read-map work. This was required to READ a map, but not required to download a map.

If read worked, but didn't recognize map, then I would suspect the ECU experienced a failed download & was left brainless. Load correct map in TuneECU, connect to Capo, and then do the ECU - Recovery option.

Good luck,

Catfish ...

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Does the read map function start & show the green progress bar as it goes? Does that read function complete & then says the map is not recognized?

All of the gory details matter. Always reply with an exact quote of the software & all details of what you did & saw. What computer, speed, & Windows version?

Some older computers had comm issues because TuneECU software talked to interface faster than it can respond. I was successful with my old laptop of running a video in VLC in the background to slow the computer down to to make read-map work. This was required to READ a map, but not required to download a map.

If read worked, but didn't recognize map, then I would suspect the ECU experienced a failed download & was left brainless. Load correct map in TuneECU, connect to Capo, and then do the ECU - Recovery option.

Good luck,

Catfish ...
    Hi Catfish,

I'm the person Tarks is trying to help.

When I click 'Read Map', the green progress bar at the bottom doesn't start. It goes straight to "Unknown Map Type".

Current PC:
    Windows 10
    6gb RAM
    CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 820 (2.8ghz)

TuneECU version is 2.5.8

Under ECU, Read Map and History are the only options I have that are not grayed out.

It doesn't look like read worked at all.

I tried it with an old laptop as well - Windows 10, Atom 1.83ghz, 2GB of RAM but it had trouble establishing a stable connection.

The history bit works, I can read the logs:
    https://i.imgur.com/vLAbsY7.jpg

I will try reading it with VLC playing a video in the background and try to make a video of it connecting to the bike and report back. I won't try loading any maps until I get a new part in though (hopefully to get it running right).
    Last edited by Funky_Mad; 07-29-2019 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Mad View Post
    Hi Catfish,

I'm the person Tarks is trying to help.

When I click 'Read Map', the green progress bar at the bottom doesn't start. It goes straight to "Unknown Map Type".

Current PC:
    Windows 10
    6gb RAM
    CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 820 (2.8ghz)

TuneECU version is 2.5.8

Under ECU, Read Map and History are the only options I have that are not grayed out.

It doesn't look like read worked at all.

I tried it with an old laptop as well - Windows 10, Atom 1.83ghz, 2GB of RAM but it had trouble establishing a stable connection.

The history bit works, I can read the logs:
    https://i.imgur.com/vLAbsY7.jpg

I will try reading it with VLC playing a video in the background and try to make a video of it connecting to the bike and report back. I won't try loading any maps until I get a new part in though (hopefully to get it running right).

Thanks for details. When it syncs with Caponord you should see the comm link status in lower right corner turn green & flicker. Do you see that? If yes, how long will it stay connected with green status if you just let them sit for a couple of minutes? Testing for good enough connection with no read or write to see if comm is good enough.

CAUTION: Extended connect times require a battery charger on the Capo battery AND headlight fused pulled AND brake-light bulbs pulled. Otherwise you run the risk of low battery during download & leave the ECU brainless.

The immediate "unknown map type" seems to indicate its not talking to the Aprilia correctly. With Triumph screen background, right?

Is the ECU - Recovery option grayed also? This is how you force a map download into an ECU that is brainless or corrupted memory.

I would also recommend you change to a version of TuneECU that I know works well with Aprilias.
    On my maps page (https://www.endorphin-express.com/capo/maps.html)
    You will find a zipped version 1.9.4. This was the LAST version that had good Aprilia code changes. All versions after that are for other model bikes. Some of those later versions BROKE the Aprilia code & had to be changed again. Grrr...
    I quit keeping up with testing his new revisions & just use the old version that does not change.
    (https://www.endorphin-express.com/ca...ecu-v1.9.4.zip)

Good luck & more details when you have 'em.

Catfish ...

apriliaforum newb
    Thanks for details. When it syncs with Caponord you should see the comm link status in lower right corner turn green & flicker. Do you see that? If yes, how long will it stay connected with green status if you just let them sit for a couple of minutes? Testing for good enough connection with no read or write to see if comm is good enough.

CAUTION: Extended connect times require a battery charger on the Capo battery AND headlight fused pulled AND brake-light bulbs pulled. Otherwise you run the risk of low battery during download & leave the ECU brainless.

The immediate "unknown map type" seems to indicate its not talking to the Aprilia correctly. With Triumph screen background, right?

Is the ECU - Recovery option grayed also? This is how you force a map download into an ECU that is brainless or corrupted memory.

I would also recommend you change to a version of TuneECU that I know works well with Aprilias.
    On my maps page (https://www.endorphin-express.com/capo/maps.html)
    You will find a zipped version 1.9.4. This was the LAST version that had good Aprilia code changes. All versions after that are for other model bikes. Some of those later versions BROKE the Aprilia code & had to be changed again. Grrr...
    I quit keeping up with testing his new revisions & just use the old version that does not change.
    (https://www.endorphin-express.com/ca...ecu-v1.9.4.zip)

Good luck & more details when you have 'em.

Catfish ...
    Sorry for the delay.

So the comm link status is indeed green. It connects quickly and the connection stays for a long time (5-10 min+). It tends to stay connected longer when the engine is off than when it is on. Either way, the connection is good and steady.

I have the bike on a battery tender and removed the fuse for the front headlight. Keeps the battery level quite high.

It does have the Triumph screen background. If I load one of your maps into TuneECU, the diagnostic screen switches to the Aprilia logo. Once I connect it to the bike's ECU, it switches back to the Triumph logo.

The ECU Recovery option is also grayed out. All I get is Connect, History and Read Map.

All of this has been tried again with 1.9.4 as well and so far it does exactly the same thing. I did notice the test leads were connected together (next to the ECU port). I tried reading the map with them both connected and disconnected and either way it went to "Unknown Map Type" without even trying to read it as there's no progress bar that appeared.

With the recovery option grayed out, is there anything else I can try or is this ECU done for?

Quote Originally Posted by Funky_Mad View Post
    Sorry for the delay.
    With the recovery option grayed out, is there anything else I can try or is this ECU done for?

Great details, thanks! :-)

You have an interesting Capo. Either someone loaded a Triumph map in it somehow, or this ECU came out of a Triumph. Either way, TuneECU has not been designed to allow recovery to an "unknown map" apparently. I'd consider that a bug. That won't ever be fixed.

So, if it were mine ... I'd head to a good Aprilia dealer (with Aprilia Axone box) & request a latest-map download. Don't discuss TuneECU exploits. They usually charge. If they are successful, then your TuneECU should function normally & load whatever map you want.

If they are not successful, then look for used ECU maybe.

Good luck,

Catfish ...

apriliaforum newb
    Great details, thanks! :-)

You have an interesting Capo. Either someone loaded a Triumph map in it somehow, or this ECU came out of a Triumph. Either way, TuneECU has not been designed to allow recovery to an "unknown map" apparently. I'd consider that a bug. That won't ever be fixed.

So, if it were mine ... I'd head to a good Aprilia dealer (with Aprilia Axone box) & request a latest-map download. Don't discuss TuneECU exploits. They usually charge. If they are successful, then your TuneECU should function normally & load whatever map you want.

If they are not successful, then look for used ECU maybe.

Good luck,

Catfish ...
    When Tarks was trying to help me figure it out, I made my way to the ECU and snapped a pic:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	700DFAD4-924C-408D-BBE3-E961D2362E02.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	386127

(I tried to rotate it but loading on here it keeps flipping back this way)

Next to it there's another sticker that reads "S 1000 L"

None of the numbers seem to match the VIN/Serial though.

I'll check for an Aprilia dealer. The only two we have are fairly new at selling Aprilias so I'll ask. I checked used ECUs quickly and they're in the $400 range so not an option.

Thank you for the help!

Name:  ECU.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  73.8 KB

Here's one out of a 2002 Capo

Name:	02 Capo ECU.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	386170
    Last edited by Stu_O; 08-09-2019 at 09:49 AM.

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu_O View Post
    Name:  ECU.jpg
Views: 127
Size:  73.8 KB

Here's one out of a 2002 Capo

Name:	02 Capo ECU.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	386170
    Mine is a 2003 but they look identical except for the last line on the left sticker. I guess someone did load a Triumph map on it somehow.

The ECU for 2002 or 2003 are indenticals and up to 2007. The oxigen sensor reading is activated by SW map. So buy a used ECU and thenyou correct the map if necessary

Hello �� my friends!
    I think I have a big problem. I started reprogram my ecu and during the process I lost communication with my android phone. I have an etv1000 2005model. The reprogramming stopped and since than I can't come in connection with the ECU. Any ideas???

Hello �� my friends!
    I think I have a big problem. I started reprogram my ecu and during the process I lost communication with my android phone. I have an etv1000 2005model. The reprogramming stopped and since than I can't come in connection with the ECU. Any ideas???

Quote Originally Posted by Vangoual View Post
    Hello �� my friends!

Not familiar with Android app.

The TuneECU Windows App has a "ECU - Recovery" option to deal with this issue. 1st pre-load correct map into App, then select "ECU - Recovery".

Don't forget: charged battery, battery charger on battery, & pull headlight fuse to insure "Recovery" works.

Good luck,

Catfish ...

Page 91 of 92 FirstFirst ... 418189909192 LastLast