Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687
Results 1,291 to 1,304 of 1304

Thread: TuneEcu, Free injection mapping and diagnostic for Caponord/Futura.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Here is a review of my ETV 1000 Year 2001.
    slightly modified Catfish MAP (051123_catfish2011.hex)

I drove the bike slightly above 3% Co for several years with the above configuration. Now the legal review in Germany was due. For this I set ITF (Idle Fuel Trim) to 21.1, which corresponds to a Co value of 1.5 - 1.7%. Measured with calibrated Co-Tester. The value has been gradually reduced. (24,2 / 23,4 / 22,7 ....) After each step at least 50km were driven and the value checked. At 21.9 / Co ~ 1.8%, a significant improvement was noted.

The realization is incredible! The machine reacts much cleaner to gas commands in the lower speed ranges. The engine turns much more spontaneously into high speed ranges. Unbelievable how agile the machine can be moved now. Furthermore, the exhaust no longer smells of unburned fuel.

Yesterday I go back and traveling with ITF 21.1 / Co ~ 1.5-1.7%. Result is excellent. Now I'm one step lower, gone back to ITF 20.3 / Co ~ 1.4-1.5. I have not made a test drive with this value yet. I think that might be the best attitude !?

What do you think about that?

Your Caponord flows differently than mine! If it runs better with lower idle CO, AND it must meet emissions-testing requirements, then it sounds like a WIN-WIN scenario for everyone!

Good luck with your better-running Caponord!

Catfish ...

apriliaforum newb
    Today i tested one step lower, gone to ITF 20.3 / Co ~ 1.4-1.5. I don't felt a differenze to ITF 21.1 / Co ~ 1.5-1.7%.That's verry good.
    Thanks for your comment! Now i'm very happy with the adjustment.

Because I am always alone and without luggage on the road, I think, i will go back to the original pinion with 17 teeth.

For intrest persons, please have a look to at my Photos to the Air Intake modification on the "Tech-Tips-thread".

apriliaforum newb
    Hi guys.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with all this information.
    I have a ETV 1000 2004 with K&N air filter and two fake Akrapović mufflers. I read about the snorkel and thinkin about removing it. Now... do i need to use a diffrent map? If so which should I use?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180708_194418.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	560.4 KB 
ID:	363774

Quote Originally Posted by 1stFletch View Post
    Hi guys.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with all this information.
    I have a ETV 1000 2004 with K&N air filter and two fake Akrapović mufflers. I read about the snorkel and thinkin about removing it. Now... do i need to use a diffrent map? If so which should I use?
    Interesting exhaust. I bet those resonate differently from most Capo exhaust cans.

See my earlier reply. Same advice for you as a starting point if you want it to run better than the oem mapping. My maps are here.

Good luck,

Catfish ...

Quote Originally Posted by mifa View Post
    Hi Mic,

I have already testet the "catfish" map but these maps are too lean for my Caponord. It is able that in germany the (super) fuel is high in octane number than in USA.
    I need some help how i make the fuel injektion a little bit richer.

Best regards from Warburg
    US 87er octane is not RON like in Europe. In US, 87 means Anti Knocking Index and not Research Octane Number
    US87 ~=EU 95 RON
    Last edited by laszlo__; 07-29-2018 at 10:52 AM. Reason: typo
    60 V2 ..... best ever.....

2013- APRILIA ETV1000
    2005: APRILIA RST1000
    2002-2005: BMW F650

In the Tunedit era we usually saw N/A line(s). In the Tunecu they are living TP% lines. Which reading is right? Tunedit or Tunecu?

2013- APRILIA ETV1000

Quote Originally Posted by laszlo__ View Post
    In the Tunedit era we usually saw N/A line(s). In the Tunecu they are living TP% lines. Which reading is right? Tunedit or Tunecu?
    I really don't understand what you are talking about. Howsabout a screen shot of each to gives us a clue?

Catfish ...

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Interesting exhaust. I bet those resonate differently from most Capo exhaust cans.

See my earlier reply. Same advice for you as a starting point if you want it to run better than the oem mapping. My maps are here.

Good luck,

Catfish ...
    Thank you very much for sharing your maps catfish. It was an incredible difference. Thanks again.

once again two more capos on catfish, newborn bike, thanks for life catfish wish you were closer and we grab a beer

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    I really don't understand what you are talking about. Howsabout a screen shot of each to gives us a clue?

Catfish ...
    Hello,
    I grabbed the 051123 stock map as exampleClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180819_082408.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	523.5 KB 
ID:	365318
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180819_082509.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	437.9 KB 
ID:	365319
    I circled the TP positions.
    We are talking about the same maps, just displayed with Tunedit and Tunecu.
    In Tunedit, the TP positions are: NA, 0,3,5,6,7,10
    In Tunecu the TP positions are: 0,1,3,5,6,7,10
    The question is: which is the valid reading?
    As you can see, the fuel table values are identical. What is shown in the Tunecu as TP=0 ( idle speed), those values are corresponded to the NA position in the Tunedit and the TP=0 shows what Tunecu displays at TP=1

2013- APRILIA ETV1000

apriliaforum newb
    Hi
    please tel me how connect MLE327 to Benelli?

Quote Originally Posted by laszlo__ View Post
    Hello,
    I grabbed the 051123 stock map as example ...
    I circled the TP positions.
    We are talking about the same maps, just displayed with Tunedit and Tunecu.
    In Tunedit, the TP positions are: NA, 0,3,5,6,7,10
    In Tunecu the TP positions are: 0,1,3,5,6,7,10
    The question is: which is the valid reading?
    As you can see, the fuel table values are identical. What is shown in the Tunecu as TP=0 ( idle speed), those values are corresponded to the NA position in the Tunedit and the TP=0 shows what Tunecu displays at TP=1

Ahhh, thanks for screen shots & details. The issue is really only how the columns/rows are labeled. The real difference is complicated.

TuneBoy added Caponord support with original OEM mapping in 2001. Aprilia changed the column/row index values with the 05xxxx maps. The step from 0 to 3% TPS was too big in the first maps, so in 05xxxx, Aprilia changed to 0, 1, 3% in TPS mapping.

TuneBoy did not update column/row "labels" to reflect the 05xxxx index value changes.

Years later ... TuneEdit added 05xxxx Capo mapping support directly & he labelled columns/rows based on those maps.

The ECU has fixed-size tables (# of columns/rows), but the mapping software defines the table and index values.

Does that help?

Catfish ...

Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 3777858687