Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: WHO ARE YOU?An introduction

apriliaforum newb
    Old motorcyclist, new Aprilia owner here. I've been riding since they invented round tires, magically w/o accident until 2015, when my faithful BMW RT1100 and I executed a deer, and nearly myself, late one night near Stockton, California. Twenty-eight days in hospital, and physical therapy continues. I miss that bike, but life goes on. I wanted to move to a dual sport, instead of a sport-tourer, and the low-mileage 2003 Caponord was half the price of heavily thrashed BMW GS bikes, so I went for it. My budget was tight then (and is now) and while the Capo got some knocks for being more street that dirt, I am more street than dirt. I just want something for fire trails & such, not Paris-Dakar.

My riding has been interrupted by follow-up surgeries, and one of the rainiest winters we've had in California in a while, but at long last I am about as healthy as I'm gonna get at my age, and I need a commute vehicle. So, I added a Givi trunk and went to ride it last week. Lots of crank, no start. It ran fine a few weeks ago! I keep the batter on a tender so it's good. Cranks the bike nice and fast. But not a peep or a pop....

<sigh>

Bio details: I live in the East Bay area on San Francisco; have for 43 years now. From Michigan originally. I'm a certified Old Fart. Started street riding on Nortons when there still were Nortons, and poor kids could buy a fixer-upper for a few hundred. Evolved through bevel-drive Ducatis, GS Suzukis, the odd Harley, and finally a 96 BMW R1100RT. Ol' Blue is sadly missed.....

apriliaforum newb

Hi all! I'm Martijn, 29 from the Netherlands and in my daily life I work as a mechanical engineer. With the Caponord I've bought my second Italian bike (and sold my XL650V Honda Transalp) After sorting out some issues like broken coils, this is the Capo I'll be riding!
    Done 40k km, has had most of the recommended modifications and looks almost brand new.
    I also own a beautiful Moto Guzzi V11 Sport:

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Folks,

Live in UK on South coast near Chichester, been lurking off and on since buying a 2002 Mk 1 red Capo in June last year.
    Gate-crashed the UK Spring rally, enjoyed it so much going to the Autumn rally (minus wife and dog)

Bought the bike from a dealer at Dunsfold Aerodrome - Top Gear Location - went home with bike the next day after a test ride on the track

Bike had been with previous owner for 7 years and was well sorted/looked after.
    All wiring modes had been done, ie Brown connectors sorted, Electrex RR,Megan coils and now Iridium plugs. PO ran fully-synth synth Pro4 and stock filter so have stuck with them.
    When I lifted tank found bike was de-snorkled and had the original plastic fuel connects - now replaced with AF1 QD set and genuine Aprilia hose.
    Bike fitted with tall Givi screen.
    Clutch dried up over winter, due for top up, may fit an Oberon unit.
    Fitted Stelvio hand guards no mods required but levers must be positioned horizontal. Only draw back, now cover the clutch and brake master cylinders!
    Palmer Products Sat Nav mount fitted, thought I would save the cost of the adjustable screen mount.
    Chain has done 18K+ miles but still going strong.
    Waiting for new Conti Trail Attack3 tyres, bike has done 10K+ on TA2's - can grind pegs in dry but wiggling a bit too much in wet and on ruts/tramlines now rear down to 2.5mm. Suspension stock, but PO added 50/50 blend 10/30 Ohlin(?) oil. Handling is brill for for me. Added low seat as have short legs, makes getting off even harder and is wearing the sole on my left Sidi boot
    New Fuzeblock added under rear seat to make adding accessories easier and original horn replaced by Denali mini Soundbomb.
    Front vacuum pipe has just split so replaced with Halfords 6mm Fuel hose. May replace all with Tygon or similiar as original hose was baked hard - found split by using carb cleaner on COOL engine as warming up.
    Have Oxford Advanced Adventure grips to replace original unknown heated grip as clutch side not working.

Having come back to biking after a 25+year gap the bike is a joy to ride and I look for any excuse to get out.

Look forward to seeing you at Kettlewell!

Mark
    Last edited by Goodwood Capo; 09-12-2019 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Updated

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Folks,

Live in UK on South coast near Chichester, been lurking off and on since buying a 2002 Mk 1 red Capo in June last year.
    Gate-crashed the UK Spring rally, enjoyed it so much going to the Autumn rally (minus wife and dog)

Bought the bike from a dealer at Dunsfold Aerodrome - Top Gear Location - went home with bike the next day after a test ride on the track

Bike had been with previous owner for 7 years and was well sorted/looked after.
    All wiring modes had been done, ie Brown connectors sorted, Electrex RR,Megan coils and now Iridium plugs. PO ran fully-synth synth Pro4 and stock filter so have stuck with them.
    When I lifted tank found bike was de-snorkled and had the original plastic fuel connects - now replaced with AF1 QD set and genuine Aprilia hose.
    Bike fitted with tall Givi screen.
    Clutch dried up over winter, due for top up, may fit an Oberon unit.
    Fitted Stelvio hand guards no mods required but levers must be positioned horizontal. Only draw back, now cover the clutch and brake master cylinders!
    Palmer Products Sat Nav mount fitted, thought I would save the cost of the adjustable screen mount.
    Chain has done 18K+ miles but still going strong.
    Waiting for new Conti Trail Attack3 tyres, bike has done 10K+ on TA2's - can grind pegs in dry but wiggling a bit too much in wet and on ruts/tramlines now rear down to 2.5mm. Suspension stock, but PO added 50/50 blend 10/30 Ohlin(?) oil. Handling is brill for for me. Added low seat as have short legs, makes getting off even harder and is wearing the sole on my left Sidi boot
    New Fuzeblock added under rear seat to make adding accessories easier and original horn replaced by Denali mini Soundbomb.
    Front vacuum pipe has just split so replaced with Halfords 6mm Fuel hose. May replace all with Tygon or similiar as original hose was baked hard - found split by using carb cleaner on COOL engine as warming up.
    Have Oxford Advanced Adventure grips to replace original unknown heated grip as clutch side not working.

Having come back to biking after a 25+year gap the bike is a joy to ride and I look for any excuse to get out.

Look forward to seeing you at Kettlewell!

Mark

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546