Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344

Thread: WHO ARE YOU?An introduction

apriliaforum newb
    Hi Guys, just won a 2004 Caponord on E Bay. Loved the looks, never ridden one. I get it Saturday so I'll post on that when I can. Anyhow, Live in London, UK and been riding for a while now. 1st big bike was a 2010 GS, then moved on to the Honda AT. Didn't like it but before I could change it got stolen, so I am now building up insurance years again!

apriliaforum newb

Hi From London Caponord Newbie

Evening All, I am a new Capo owner. Been riding for 70 000 miles. Collect my 2004 Blue Beast on Saturday. Never owned a capo before, but always loved the look of them. Was very keen to get the latest version before trading in for a Africa Twin. Never even got a test ride, thanks to a busier than expected weekend, Sir...Anyhow, I had a Twin Cam GS and sold my soul for the Africa Twin DCT model. It wasn't really for me but before I could sell or trade, it was stolen from outside my house. It was chained to the railings, under a light with 2 different chains, and covered up at all times. It was taken by 4 scrotes on 2 scooters, using a portable angle grinder and scooter crew in London, SW18. This happened at 23:45 on a Saturday night and my neighbours all stood watching and didn't say a thing until it was gone! Anyhow, as you can imagine my insurance premiums are now over the moon, and I will not be able to change any (garage) my security for the next few years, so I have decided to buy a bike that is less nick able and now busy upgrading my security chains! Anyhow, I am looking forward to this bike, it's always been a looker in my eyes. My first niggle is going to be a sat nav mount, so if anyone fancies pointing me in the direction, I'd be much obliged.
    Donovan

Quote Originally Posted by adventuredon View Post
    Evening All, I am a new Capo owner. ................. My first niggle is going to be a sat nav mount, so if anyone fancies pointing me in the direction, I'd be much obliged.
    Donovan
    Hi Donovan, welcome to the Capo fold...

Sorry to hear about your issues with having your old bike stolen...fingers X'd the Capo won't be as attractive to those moped scumbags...

I use a car Garmin Sat Nav housed within a waterproof cover which is attached to a renthal brace bar attached to the oem handlebars

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renthal-B...YAAOSwLVZVp3n0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2017-01-21-21-20-28.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	366521  

(2003 Infinity Blue Capo) - Leo Vince x3 Cans/K&N Air filter/Snorkle-less/Catfish Map/ZX-6R FH016 Mosphet Rectifier/Front Coils re-located/Metal Fuel CRC Fixings/Brown Connector-less/Hyperpro Springs F&R/Rear Hugger/R&G Heated Grips/Krauser Alloy Panniers/Givi G45 Box/BMW GS1150 HandGuards with Touratech Extensions/Kawasaki Z1000 Mirrors/CREE LED's/Wilks Raid Rep Sump Guard & aprilia Crash Bars + Lots of Stickers..
    (2004 BMW R1150 RT) Bigger touring screen, headlight protector & aftermarket reflective decals.
    (1990 Kawasaki ZZ-R 1100C1) Remus Innovation S/S Full System, Double Bubble Screen, ZXR750 full lift Carbtops & RenTec rack.
    (1997 Kawasaki KLR 650 C3) In Kwacker Green.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi @ all!

I'm Jo, live close to Heidelberg, been riding for the last 40 years, all year. all weather, annual average of 20-30K kms over the last years, more in the "good old times"; some longer distance motorcycle-travelling in Europe, Northern Africa, Northern America since the middle eighties.

Ownership of 4 bikes till last Weekend ('49 BSA 500cc, '53 NSU 125cc, '88 KLR 650cc, '92 FJ 1200cc).

Since all the crushed bones have healed from the last "sudden stop" into the back of a RV I wanted sth. more comfy with an upright riding position, enabeling myself for some longer rides than just 4-500 kms; and so I stumbeled into the sudden ownership of a 2003 Capo; just took the opportunity and bought it right away. Never ridden one before, absolute NooB to the technical part of this particular Italian Lady (though I used to own a Guzzi in the earlier years and remember those wiring skills of Italian manufacturers...); I just somehow liked it.

Took it home Saturday, some minor first checks, test rides 500 km Sat/Sun. Commute to work and back at Mon and.... it didn't start anymore (engine warm, coolant temp 86C..). Didn't fire at all first, it "felt" as if the battery/starter almost wasn't able to crank the engine, after cooling down a bit 2-3 ignitions dying immediately, no throttle response at all. Battery died after 6-7 trials. Rusty connectors at the battery.

Sell it immediately? No. Those first kms... started to like it; see how it's going to end up.

Seems to me as if I would have to do all the electric stuff, found two melted connectors at the headlight bulbs; estimate those as indicators for those brown/white ones I read about in this forum...

Will read a lot in here those next days 'till the electrical stuff arrives I ordered last night, but please feel free to give advice if you went through the same "symptomes" as described above; will be truly appreciated!!!

Have fun, Cheers, Jo
    Have fun...

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34424344