Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: WHO ARE YOU?An introduction

apriliaforum newb
    Old motorcyclist, new Aprilia owner here. I've been riding since they invented round tires, magically w/o accident until 2015, when my faithful BMW RT1100 and I executed a deer, and nearly myself, late one night near Stockton, California. Twenty-eight days in hospital, and physical therapy continues. I miss that bike, but life goes on. I wanted to move to a dual sport, instead of a sport-tourer, and the low-mileage 2003 Caponord was half the price of heavily thrashed BMW GS bikes, so I went for it. My budget was tight then (and is now) and while the Capo got some knocks for being more street that dirt, I am more street than dirt. I just want something for fire trails & such, not Paris-Dakar.

My riding has been interrupted by follow-up surgeries, and one of the rainiest winters we've had in California in a while, but at long last I am about as healthy as I'm gonna get at my age, and I need a commute vehicle. So, I added a Givi trunk and went to ride it last week. Lots of crank, no start. It ran fine a few weeks ago! I keep the batter on a tender so it's good. Cranks the bike nice and fast. But not a peep or a pop....

<sigh>

Bio details: I live in the East Bay area on San Francisco; have for 43 years now. From Michigan originally. I'm a certified Old Fart. Started street riding on Nortons when there still were Nortons, and poor kids could buy a fixer-upper for a few hundred. Evolved through bevel-drive Ducatis, GS Suzukis, the odd Harley, and finally a 96 BMW R1100RT. Ol' Blue is sadly missed.....

apriliaforum newb

Hi all! I'm Martijn, 29 from the Netherlands and in my daily life I work as a mechanical engineer. With the Caponord I've bought my second Italian bike (and sold my XL650V Honda Transalp) After sorting out some issues like broken coils, this is the Capo I'll be riding!
    Done 40k km, has had most of the recommended modifications and looks almost brand new.
    I also own a beautiful Moto Guzzi V11 Sport:

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546