Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Magny Cours WSB Spoiler or 9 points to victory

apriliaforum expert
    London, (England) 213miles NNW Paris (France)
    Looked to me like Crutchlow tried to knock his hat off to reveal his bald pate )

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Pierre View Post
    I think it was more a case of Max being tetchy cos he didn't feel very well and reverting to type when he got champagne in his eye......I don't think leaping off the podium and hanging round Crutchlow's neck was exactly an adult way to react or the continuing sly elbow digs in the ribs he kept dishing out when Cal was trying to find out what the fuck was wrong with him.

Last race of the season/end of season celebrations, they always douse each other in champagne, what's new?

Despite his mellowing these past few years it seems that Max still gets up to his old tricks during practice, running folks off the edge of the track etc to 'intimidate' them.....he did it to Cal on Friday, Leon Haslam has had the same treatment, but they just shrug it off....he's also done it to Checa apparently. Leon Camier clearly finds him a bit odd to be around but can't say anything.

Don't get me wrong, he's still a great rider and a worthy champion but he ain't no saint!

Cal had hired out the local kart track for an end of season/farewell party for the whole paddock, but after his tantrum I suspect Max might not have been going.......

Quote Originally Posted by TuonoDen View Post
    Am I mistaken or is this not an Aprilia forum for Aprilia riders,
    why the hell do you care about Crutchlow?

Biaggi and Aprilia won the 2010 WSBK championship, is that not good enough?
    Why would Crutchlow care, he his going to MotoGP next year!
    I don't get the name calling, mate!

Den
    Max Biaggi...must be the only rider who can win a championship and still look like a complete twat.

Who'd have thought he'd get sprayed with champagne on a podium eh?

I guess when you've got a cold, its worth looking like big baby.

They should've give him a handbag instead of a trophy.

For the record I love Aprilia's, and anything else Italian, doesn't mean I have to kiss his arse when's he's being a spoilt bastard tho.

Done watching Race 2 and the first three laps were Very Entertaining!! Good thing those Xerox boys didn't do each other in. They were going at it like star-struck lovers.

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo1 View Post
    Max looked like he was just straightening out some teenager screwing around in school. Crutchlow decided he needed to spray Max in the eye with a direct hit of Champagne - it was obviously intentional. Max was also sick with a fever and took offense, and rightly so.
    Any video link of this incident? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by San&Gab View Post
    Any video link of this incident? Thanks.
    here you go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj44y8oQTsE

Quote Originally Posted by rx7tt95 View Post
    I lost all respect for (crutchlow) after his race 2 winner's circle comments.

missed it...what'd he say?

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankBlank View Post
    Thanks! I guess Max is the serious type and was not in the mood for celebrating for some reason (still upset about race 1?). There might be something else going on we donít realize, I donít think a little bit of Champagne did it. Who knows, we humans are complicated.

It was funny to watch but I donít think it was a good experience for Crutchlow.

Gabriel.

Just handbags at dawn.

The hand was offered at the end. Story over
    "Bite the pillow ........... I'm going in dry"

Underneath my beard, there is no chin - Just another fist to pound you with.

apriliaforum expert ghostrider71's Avatar
    Ha! I just finished watching the races, and gotta say -- Crutchlow's response to Max on the podium of Race II is no surprise.

At the end of Race I, when Haslam and Crutchlow are off their bikes in the winner's circle, if you watch - you can CLEARLY see Crutchlow saying something to Haslam, and Haslam laughing out loud.

To me - it was obvious they were talking about how Crutchlow sniped the victory from Biaggi and the two having a good boyish chortle over it.

If you watch Eurosport, you DEFINITELY get the gist of the "no love lost" between the younger riders and Biaggi.
    There's alot of rumbling about Max's High-handed antics during practice, and the like -- he IS still a bit of a Prima Donna on track, apparently.

What happened on the podium after Race II was merely a visual representation of the disdain Crutchlow has for Biaggi.

Was Max being a pussy? Yeah - probably....but you can TELL that Cal is totally instigating a fight.

I'll throw my humble hat on with the other guys, and ADMIT that I HATED Biaggi a few years ago!
    He didn't become my favorite rider just because he climbed-aboard an Aprilia (and he's STILL not!) but he has made TREMENDOUS strides to improve his image and sportsmanship over the past 4-5 years.

Congrats to Max and Aprilia -- they both earned the championship.

gr
    It's not the years, it's the MILEAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider71 View Post

I'll throw my humble hat on with the other guys, and ADMIT that I HATED Biaggi a few years ago!
    He didn't become my favorite rider just because he climbed-aboard an Aprilia (and he's STILL not!) but he has made TREMENDOUS strides to improve his image and sportsmanship over the past 4-5 years.

Congrats to Max and Aprilia -- they both earned the championship.

gr
    Yeah, me too. The leopard didn't lose his stripes, but they have faded a bit over the years, or he has learned to cloak em'.
    A mind is like a parachute: It doesn't work if it isn't open. FZ

When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right. Victor Hugo

So, the fear of death might be described as the fear of not being able to become whom one had planned to be. Pascal Mercier

I think that was pretty uncool of Biaggi to have reacted like that.

Yeah, the champagne in the face may have been a wee bit much but for heaven's sake. He won the championship. He got Aprilia to win the championship AND he won the very last race of the year. He could have afforded to be magnanimous.

As far as Crutchlow bitching/whining. Hell, the losers always whine. Even Rossi came up with excuses for losses.
    03 BMW Rockster, 07 (USA) Aprilia Tuono R, 07 KTM 990 Adventure, 2006 SR50 Factory Ditech, 2009 RS125.

Cogito ergo vroom - I think therefore I ride.

Biaggi should have punched him in the mouth.
    Bikes:
    2007.5 Tuono-Black, with 1102cc's of micah's badness!
    2012 Griso-Silver and black, Agostini pipe, some carbon bits.
    2006 Vespa GT200-bitubo suspension all around, Malossi big-bore, head and cam, Akrapovic pipe, all put together by Micah.

gone 2002 Caponord-Oyster gray (as faithful as a hound dog)
    gone Futura-Red (on the AF1 showroom floor. Get some.)

The more I learn about people, the more I appreciate rocks.

apriliaforum expert ghostrider71's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jrflanne View Post
    Biaggi should have punched him in the mouth.
    Methinks that would have been a VERY serious mistake on biaggi's part.
    It's not the years, it's the MILEAGE!

any truth to this ?????

The idea was to not celebrate with champagne as sign of respect for the death of Alberto Fantini, a WSBK official that died today...
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast