Thread: where to get slick tire in Melbourne

where to get slick tire in Melbourne

Hi all,

I want to try out some slicks next time. but I dont know where i can get a pair of them in Melbourne.

Really appreciate it.
    Troy

http://www.linkint.com.au/link_inter...home_page.html

These guys do Pirelli, they might be able to help with a dealer in your area?
    I've got a fever and the only prescription is, "More cow bell"

Warming the world 2 strokes at a time.

um, any motorbike shop!

apriliaforum expert
    In Brisbane we have 4 privately owned motorcycle TYRE shops, in Melb you would have more. If they deal in your favourite brand they can supply you.

What you need is racer or team experience because slicks come in so many variations.

Michelin are now able to offer advice based upon bike, track, and perceived weather/temp etc so there is another option.

Is this for the RS250? Same problem when I raced the RVF400 Honda, the slicks are totally different (higher) profile to road tyres and available slicks are usually a fraction too wide for the standard rims, ie slicks can be 165/80 compared to 150/60 or 160/60 street tyres. Ride heights change etc.

The problem is, turn in response changes as the narrow rim holds the tyre to a different shape from manufacturer's intent, you can get around this partially by set-up of ride heights front and rear. If it's for one day at the track stick to road tyres, if it's a permanent track day bike modify, experiment and be prepared to learn from experts (not me).

Quote Originally Posted by ghezzi View Post
    In Brisbane we have 4 privately owned motorcycle TYRE shops, in Melb you would have more. If they deal in your favourite brand they can supply you.

What you need is racer or team experience because slicks come in so many variations.

Michelin are now able to offer advice based upon bike, track, and perceived weather/temp etc so there is another option.

Is this for the RS250? Same problem when I raced the RVF400 Honda, the slicks are totally different (higher) profile to road tyres and available slicks are usually a fraction too wide for the standard rims, ie slicks can be 165/80 compared to 150/60 or 160/60 street tyres. Ride heights change etc.

The problem is, turn in response changes as the narrow rim holds the tyre to a different shape from manufacturer's intent, you can get around this partially by set-up of ride heights front and rear. If it's for one day at the track stick to road tyres, if it's a permanent track day bike modify, experiment and be prepared to learn from experts (not me).
    higher profile like these?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motard slicks.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	292.7 KB 
ID:	147247

Any body want to buy those slicks? Maxis Supermotard, 120-76-17 front and 160-60-17 rear... Make me an offer...

Thanks guys. I am running donlop alpha 10. I am happy with it. But still want to check out whether slick will provide more confidence.. .. a friend told me a shop in Melbourne who sell mechilin slick..

For Bridgestone slicks in Melbourne contact Mark Lamont on 0430189348 he sells racing tyres (tell him Boris send you)

cheers

Thanks Phil. My donlop will last for another ride day.. so next practice day or ride day i will try slick..