Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Honda CBR600RR Mosfet Rectifier Mod

FH008: job done!
    I wired it straight to the battery, got 14.2 @ idle
    Thank you all for the help

I like discussing various issues with other owners of obscure European bikes (cit.)

Ex Pegaso Factory 2007, now Caponord 2006

apriliaforum expert Stanleybobly's Avatar
    Nice job Brucaliffo.

Use the rubber that was on the Honda connector, put that on your new connector.
    Prevents it's from scratching your frame.

and eeuh you put it upside down,.....................

sold: "01 Caponord |Flame Red|, Modlist done: Honda CBR600 RR Mosfet (FH008) Rectifier Mod, Brown Connector Mod
    now: "04 Caponord |Rally Raid| FH016 Mosfet R/R | GPR Titanium Exhaust|
    01 Futura [infinity blue]
    Caponord Stanleybobly style loomed MOSFET Rectifiers & Fuelline Kit FS

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleybobly View Post
    and eeuh you put it upside down,.....................

I like discussing various issues with other owners of obscure European bikes (cit.)

Ex Pegaso Factory 2007, now Caponord 2006

New Mosfet Alternative FH016, OEM mounted on the Kawasaki ZX6 (new Models probably 2008-2009)

ripped from the Truimph forum, probs to the poster D'Ecosse.
    Per the OEM manual specs from Honda and Kawasaki, this unit has comparable current rating with the FH008 unit which has until now been the ideal replacement choice for the middle-weights.

So I purchased one to test it out, see how it compares.
    I wired it up as I usually do with the MetriPack connector/fuseholder kit and plugged in to my complementary connectors already used for an FH008 kit aboard my Mrs SV650S
    (since I made input & output connectors the same I just had to connect it to the already configured stator and battery harness that were on board)

It wires up essentially the same - there is one extra wire that is only for the Kawasaki application (it is used for their headlight inhibit until running circuit - essentially just an auxiliary output tapped off on of the input wires from stator). This can be ignored for most other bike marques.
    Used my last piece of flex-sleeving on this one - waiting on shipment of another roll coming in.

This particular unit tested at 14.5V.
    I ran it up to about 5K rpm and the output was rock solid.
    (actually slightly lower at idle, 14.45V - but just off idle and all the way beyond regulated nicely at 14.5V

I did not really run for very long - had intended to take bike out for 20 min run and check the temp afterwards.
    However, even for the few minutes it was running, it never got above ambient temperature.

Verdict - nice unit, should be a good fit for the SV.
    Long term reliability unknown factor at this point - but based on the MOSFET technology and the resultant cool operating temperature, that would be expected to be comparable with the FH008 one would hope!
    Last edited by Stanleybobly; 09-12-2010 at 04:09 PM.

sold: "01 Caponord |Flame Red|, Modlist done: Honda CBR600 RR Mosfet (FH008) Rectifier Mod, Brown Connector Mod

OK, so I now have the Eastern Beaver wiring kit/loom, a FH008EE and need to put it all together

This is going to sound stupid, but I need it clear in my head before I attack the main loom

My theory is that the 3 x yellow wires that come from the generator windings into the reg/rec have no specific order as they are just the power in
    Does that make sense?
    He who dies with the most toys wins

Crispy X Caponord - Burned Grey - replaced with Ducati Multistrada 1000DS - Black but not crispy but now sold, Honda Transalp XL700V-8 lasted two weeks before I got bored, so got an 07 Yamaha TDM900 but then swopped it for a Yamaha FJR1300 in faster blue

Touring Portugal? this will be a perfect base for motorcycles
    http://www.pureholidayhomes.com/coim...al-p32294.html

Yes, the three stator wires can be hooked up in any order.

Quote Originally Posted by kzmille View Post
    Yes, the three stator wires can be hooked up in any order.
    Thanks
    He who dies with the most toys wins

Crispy X Caponord - Burned Grey - replaced with Ducati Multistrada 1000DS - Black but not crispy but now sold, Honda Transalp XL700V-8 lasted two weeks before I got bored, so got an 07 Yamaha TDM900 but then swopped it for a Yamaha FJR1300 in faster blue

Touring Portugal? this will be a perfect base for motorcycles
    http://www.pureholidayhomes.com/coim...al-p32294.html

I found this link referencing tie FH-012 FET REG (50A), and the connectors required for it:

http://www.moto-abruzzo.com/blog/?page_id=10

Quote Originally Posted by Futura View Post
    I found this link referencing tie FH-012 FET REG (50A), and the connectors required for it:

http://www.moto-abruzzo.com/blog/?page_id=10

Hmmm, seem to recognise this name from somewhere, but just can't place it.
    08 ETV 1000 Caponord
    Multistrada 1200
    Honda PCX125 - Just for fun.
    CRF250L - LRP.

Talking

Upgrade conclusion
    Once rewired the Capo produced a healthy 14.2v at idle AND at 4K rpm and maintained 13.8v (at idle) with ALL lights, heated grips, accessories and cooling fan operational. I figure the upgrade ticked all the right boxes!
    We have got the same figures with the FH008

But with my mod (FH008), you got it hooked up on the original place

Quote Originally Posted by Stanleybobly View Post
    Used the same wiring from the Capo,
    3 from the alternator,
    4 to the battery threw the originale wiringharnass (2+, 2-) wrapped it together in to 2 wires.

Maybe in the future, I'll swap the skinny wires in to thick ones.

the Fh012 is way to big, to fit indeed.
    I'M a bit of a Numpty when it comes to electrics, but I'm going along with your conversion, using the FH008EE reg/rec, which I have just bought locally off a bike breaker. It's brand new, they strip new or very low mileage bikes for racing, hense the reg/rec's are not needed. I paid £35 for it.
    Question :- Honda item has only two wires on the one connector, red and green. The aprilia reg/rec has four wires, 2 x red/white and 2 x green. Just go through that bit again as to what I do with the extra two wires.

If you will not use the brown connector just join the cables with the same colour together.

I re-used the brown connector so I used short wires to bridge the pins at the reg/rec connector which did not have their own wires.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch. EBC 320mm brake discs
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

2 wires (green/red) = positive, not sure but it has to be thicker one.
    2 wire (red/black) = negative, thin ones.
    I wrapped it together to make it on. so 2 greens in to one and 2 red in to one.. temporary untill I have time to bypass the original wire (red, green) and directly plug in to the battery (30A fuse on the positive cable)

it's better to cut the green and red wire ,shrink it with shrinktubes. Original wiring is way to thin....
    don't use the brown connectors anymore, it will burn, because it's open to air/water -----> oxidise ----->bad amp flow ----> burning connector.
    the same for the yellow ones, don't use original connector.

use the FH008/016/Generic Complete Kits - specially for Regulator/Rectifier Units type FH008

Last edited by Stanleybobly; 01-25-2011 at 04:09 PM.

The brown connector can burn if the crimps are not soldered but once that is done there is not a problem keeping it.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch. EBC 320mm brake discs
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

Quote Originally Posted by deefred View Post
    The brown connector can burn if the crimps are not soldered but once that is done there is not a problem keeping it.
    the brown connector is not waterproof, so the copper crimps oxidise due penetrating rain/water:
    nowadays all new model bikes has waterproof connectors.

Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast