Thread: ... Another magazine test to add to the mix (CYCLE WORLD July 2010)

... Another magazine test to add to the mix (CYCLE WORLD July 2010)

The test...

And the results...

Name:  borrar.JPG
Views: 392
Size:  45.6 KB

Thanks for posting this. Strange how tests can differ so much.

Read the article this morning. If you were to try and pick a winner based on what they wrote, I know I wouldn't have picked the Aprilia. Fantastic that they picked it as the overall winner so don't get me wrong but this article too, has issues. Whatever happened to good journalism?

And what's with Ducati stacking the deck? I looked at the OTD price on that Corse and it was $28K. They should have at the very least, thrown aftermarket exhausts and race ECU's (where applicable) on the rest of the bikes. Have to say, in person, the Corse looks killer.

And why doesn't anyone have the balls to test a base S1000RR without all the electronics? (I actually know the answer to this, just venting).
    Last edited by rx7tt95; 05-25-2010 at 03:13 PM.
    Michel
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter" -Winston Churchill

2004 RSV-R Factory Sold and will be sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by rx7tt95 View Post
    Read the article this morning. If you were to try and pick a winner based on what they wrote, I know I wouldn't have picked the Aprilia. Fantastic that they picked it as the overall winner so don't get me wrong but this article too, has issues. Whatever happened to good journalism?

And what's with Ducati stacking the deck? I looked at the OTD price on that Corse and it was $28K. They should have at the very least, thrown aftermarket exhausts and race ECU's (where applicable) on the rest of the bikes. Have to say, in person, the Corse looks killer.

And why doesn't anyone have the balls to test a base S1000RR without all the electronics? (I actually know the answer to this, just venting).
    The Corse does look great - seen one in the metal.

Am I wrong in thinking that Cernicky was the quickest overall at Masterbike this year but that it was on the Beemer? I guess the track will make a difference but it was a Factory rather than an R. Overall the comments don't reflect the winner but even after the times at Masterbike, the RSV4 walked away as the riders choice. In my mind, the summary of all the bikes was accurate in the Cycleworld review, especially the part about the Blade in a grey flannel suit.