Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2004 Yamaha TZR 50 (80cc, Malossi, Metrakit etc)

my bike has just done its MOT without them and passed fine, lmao why would yo need back pegs thats is stupid!
    80 Kitted Yamaha TZR 50 - SOLD

2009 Derbi GPR 50 Belson Edition

-Arrow Race Pipe
    -Dellorto 21mm Carb
    -Malossi Inlet Manifold
    -Polini Racing air filter
    -14t front sprocket, standard rear

is anybody actually interested?

-Arrow Race Pipe
    -Dellorto 21mm Carb
    -Malossi Inlet Manifold

apriliaforum expert
    Quote Originally Posted by Dom.C View Post
    Oh God not this debate again lol.
    Hahah

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I'll swap you for a sr50 2008 Ditech with 3200 miles (With Laser xpro exhaust,polini rollers(not yet fitted),polini clutch springs ?(not yet fitted) + some cash?
    PM 360 Snapped in three parts im my garage.

Aprilia SR50 DiTech 2008
    Laser X-PRO Exhaust (Destricted)
    Polini 5.8G Rollers
    Polini Clutch Springs
    Black & Red Handlebar grips
    Red Reflective rim tape
    62MPH ClockSpeed

Deciding what next mods to buy

Quote Originally Posted by RS50-Racer View Post
    I'll swap you for a sr50 2008 Ditech with 3200 miles (With Laser xpro exhaust,polini rollers(not yet fitted),polini clutch springs ?(not yet fitted) + some cash?
    Lol at the sig, how many baby 59's have you been through?
    RIP Spike

depends about condition etc, my mate just sold an sr50 same age and similar setup for 800 and i have m bike up for 1600 so what kind of money you offering?

-Arrow Race Pipe
    -Dellorto 21mm Carb
    -Malossi Inlet Manifold

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I'd maybe offer My sr50 + 500 quid but ill think about it, I seen your swapz advert so i added you on msn and we can talk on there? Your from cheshire right?

And Dom it's one pm 360 but all i can to say which you probably know is there completely shit, I bought one about 5 weeks ago, 2 weeks later i hit a pothole and caused a vibration to the exhaust which made it completely dismantled, the exhaust can bracket was fucked, 2 huge cracks in the exansion chamber, I new pm pipes had a reputation of snapping but it was only 2 weeks old when this happened. Anyway i got it welded together and yet again it snapped (This was last week) but this time the curly 360 twist which connected to the silencer snapped so it left my exhaust in bits in the road, (Silencer) Luckly i drove home with half an exhaust as i wasn't far from home. (I know i shouldnt of drove with half an exhaust but frankly spending 160 quid on a piece of shit made me so angry i couldnt care less about anything) PM offered to weld it together which wouldnt make a difference but only make it last for around 2 weeks again. They were not accepting a refund so i bought a laser exhaust resently and which i have had no problems with. PM Tuning = Complete tossers

Aprilia SR50 DiTech 2008
    Polini 5.8G Rollers
    Polini Clutch Springs
    Red Reflective rim tape
    62MPH ClockSpeed

well i live by birkenhead, where abouts in cheshire are you?

could you send some pics to my email please mate, what kind of speeds does it do coz i havent come accross a 50 or a 4 stroke 125 that is quicker than this haha easily cruises at 60 and goes up to 70ish and that is real speed not clock speed

-Arrow Race Pipe
    -Dellorto 21mm Carb
    -Malossi Inlet Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by RS50-Racer View Post
    I'd maybe offer My sr50 + 500 quid but ill think about it, I seen your swapz advert so i added you on msn and we can talk on there? Your from cheshire right?

And Dom it's one pm 360 but all i can to say which you probably know is there completely shit, I bought one about 5 weeks ago, 2 weeks later i hit a pothole and caused a vibration to the exhaust which made it completely dismantled, the exhaust can bracket was fucked, 2 huge cracks in the exansion chamber, I new pm pipes had a reputation of snapping but it was only 2 weeks old when this happened. Anyway i got it welded together and yet again it snapped (This was last week) but this time the curly 360 twist which connected to the silencer snapped so it left my exhaust in bits in the road, (Silencer) Luckly i drove home with half an exhaust as i wasn't far from home. (I know i shouldnt of drove with half an exhaust but frankly spending 160 quid on a piece of shit made me so angry i couldnt care less about anything) PM offered to weld it together which wouldnt make a difference but only make it last for around 2 weeks again. They were not accepting a refund so i bought a laser exhaust resently and which i have had no problems with. PM Tuning = Complete tossers
    I've been through 3 new ones in the last two years with my last engine build and at 233 with no end can (100 for a decent one) and for 305 with no end can for the chrome one which I go for then work it out lol.

Just about to go for the chrome with TSAB engine brace which is going to work out at just short of 600 LOL. Oh well it will be my toy bike so only coming out when I want.

The price difference between the 50/70 and 125/172/180 version is ridiculous.

Unfortunately PM are well within their rights because it's a race pipe made for sprinting and it comes with all the documents stating this.

For the bolt on power and sound for the 172 version you can't go wrong unless you go for a TDR which has 4bhp over standard at 30mph. I had the prototype but they're custom made and I'm always tweaking my setup so it's useless until I'm finished.

Sorry for the hi-jack.
    RIP Spike

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Hutch View Post
    well i live by birkenhead, where abouts in cheshire are you?

could you send some pics to my email please mate, what kind of speeds does it do coz i havent come accross a 50 or a 4 stroke 125 that is quicker than this haha easily cruises at 60 and goes up to 70ish and that is real speed not clock speed
    I don't mean to piss on your fire but it can't be that quick? You've only got crank, BBK exhaust and altered gearing?
    RIP Spike

Tecnologia Reparto Corse RS_Patrick's Avatar
    70mph is posible with out a bigger carb, but it wont accelerate fast, probably takes a while to get there especaily with is gearing.

ive been behind my dad on a harley doing 65 with more to go and it gets there pretty quick when staying in the powerband

-Arrow Race Pipe
    -Dellorto 21mm Carb
    -Malossi Inlet Manifold

faster than any 50 round here on acceleration and top end (including massively tuned peds and some rs 50's)

-Arrow Race Pipe
    -Dellorto 21mm Carb
    -Malossi Inlet Manifold

Quote Originally Posted by Tom-Hutch View Post
    faster than any 50 round here on acceleration and top end (including massively tuned peds and some rs 50's)
    Your area must be slacking then LOL

But seriously though, a BBK carb and a pipe doesn't make a ped massively tuned lol.
    Last edited by Dom.C; 05-23-2010 at 09:10 AM.
    RIP Spike

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Yeah dom i know what you mean with pm state its a race pipe but i feel like taking them to court and say i was racing me m8 when it snapped lmao.

Seriously though, if pm pipes snap in road conditions what the hell would they be like on a track!

Other then the snapping issue, even my pm 360 on my 50cc sounded really good, And it did give a noticeable more amount of power.

Back on the tzr subject,

My SR with just the destricted laser does 54mph CLOCKED speed.
    I would hazzard a guess it would do around 56mph with the polini rollers and polini clutch springs fitted.
    Yes, not as fast as your tzr, But like u say u want a 125 project so surely your not as concerned how fast your new 50 goes? Or r u?

My SR is in really good condition apart from a few marks on the front fairings but other then that its like new, The build quality of the SR's are excellent aswell and the speedo is quite funky compared to my mates aerox's and speedfights ^^

I will have a think about it anyway tom mate, Im not sure yet as i love the SR and its a great bike to wizz around town on, But can i ask whats the main reason you want to get rid of a lovely TZR like that for another ped? U have months before your 17 get for a 125 :P U should just keep the tzr.

Where abouts and who did you buy the TZR from aswell mate?

Aprilia SR50 DiTech 2008
    Polini 5.8G Rollers
    Polini Clutch Springs
    Red Reflective rim tape
    62MPH ClockSpeed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast