Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Urgent service light!!

apriliaforum Member
    Hey guys so my friend has urgent service come and go on his shiver and sometimes when you fire it up shuts down and wont start unless you turn ignition on and off. I have just hooked it up to guzzi diag and these are the fault codes that are stored
    P0169 invalid signal
    U1706 no signal
    What are those I cant find them

apriliaforum expert
    Clear the codes and try again.

P0169 has come up before, but isn't documented anywhere I've seen.

U prefix implies a network issue - the only thing that might be considered separate from the ECU, apart from the dash or the RBW, is the ABS unit.

Both together might imply a connection problem, perhaps a faulty earth, perhaps a corroded or damaged connector.

EDIT: Appears to be a RBW connection problem, just like it was the last time I saw P0169.

More here
    https://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/...ighlight=u1706
    Last edited by IndelibleInk; 08-20-2019 at 05:12 AM.
    2009 Shiver (White) | UK

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndelibleInk View Post
    Clear the codes and try again.

P0169 has come up before, but isn't documented anywhere I've seen.

U prefix implies a network issue - the only thing that might be considered separate from the ECU, apart from the dash or the RBW, is the ABS unit.

Both together might imply a connection problem, perhaps a faulty earth, perhaps a corroded or damaged connector.

EDIT: Appears to be a RBW connection problem, just like it was the last time I saw P0169.

More here
    Thank you I cleared the codes will see when urgent service appears again.

apriliaforum Member
    So the urgent service comes back again and now its only u1706, is that fixable on own or does it need to be taken to aprilia dealer?

apriliaforum expert
    You need to get in the airbox and look at the connection to the RBW auxiliary control unit bolted to the throttle bodies.

You can do this yourself easily enough with basic tools.

If the connection is OK, you might need to look at replacing the unit itself - they often appear on ebay, sometimes mis-labeled as CDI or injection control units.

Since it's intermittent, it does seem more likely to be the connector. Of course, the fault could be the other end of the connection, i.e. at the main ECU or on the demand sensor, so check all three whilst you're under there.
    2009 Shiver (White) | UK

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IndelibleInk View Post
    You need to get in the airbox and look at the connection to the RBW auxiliary control unit bolted to the throttle bodies.

You can do this yourself easily enough with basic tools.

If the connection is OK, you might need to look at replacing the unit itself - they often appear on ebay, sometimes mis-labeled as CDI or injection control units.

Since it's intermittent, it does seem more likely to be the connector. Of course, the fault could be the other end of the connection, i.e. at the main ECU or on the demand sensor, so check all three whilst you're under there.
    Thank you I will pass it to my friend, hopefully he can do it himself

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234