Views:	50 
Size:	517.7 KB 
ID:	358167
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ansaug04.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	525.1 KB 
ID:	358168
    and modified the front transformercoli-holder for better cold air flow.

Name:	P4090052.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	500.2 KB 
ID:	358169
    Opening for free airflow. The different versions.

The next photo shows the original arrangement.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010008.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	534.3 KB 
ID:	358164  

Last edited by Wilhelm; 05-18-2018 at 04:25 PM.

apriliaforum expert
    I'm curious, how do you keep water out of the intake? I thought one purpose of the flat panel was to deflect water ingress away from the intake. Are you using some kind of diverter to do that? This looks interesting.

Many have just removed the snorkel.
    Doesn't seem to make any difference to the performance, the noise, or water ingress (nil). Just for fun.

apriliaforum expert Stanleybobly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyB View Post
    Many have just removed the snorkel.
    Doesn't seem to make any difference to the performance, the noise, or water ingress (nil). Just for fun.
    no difference seen on dyno. at least on mine bike

sold: "01 Caponord |Flame Red|, Modlist done: Honda CBR600 RR Mosfet (FH008) Rectifier Mod, Brown Connector Mod
    now: "04 Caponord |Rally Raid| FH016 Mosfet R/R | GPR Titanium Exhaust|
    01 Futura [infinity blue]
    Caponord Stanleybobly style loomed MOSFET Rectifiers & Fuelline Kit FS

Four pin sockets for swinging arm and enine bolts

Name:	Capo Sockets.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	486.8 KB 
ID:	368398

The 4-pin sockets for swinging arm removal/refit and engine bolt removal/refit are available here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aprilia-100...4AAOxyqUpQ6e1u

and

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Aprilia-ETV...4AAOxyn9BRcnS~

Both are £13.95 from GB Motorcycle Products https://www.ebay.com/str/gbmotorcycleproducts I have no connection with this company.
    These are of satisfactory standard and fit snuggly on my torque wrench.
    Price includes P&P second class mail.

AndyB

Concerning the vent lines at the rear of the fuel tank that everyone has been pulling in and out to remove and replace the fuel tank.
    First time I removed the tank I spliced these two (they are different sizes) with nylon fittings from O'Reilly's Autoparts and four spring clamps. Now I just unclamp and separate them to pop the fuel tank off. Tank comes on and off in about ten minutes flat. Don't have a photo on my phone but will try to post it when I get home. I added T fittings and short vacuum lines to the battery box with vacuum plugs fitted to check throttle body balance without pulling the tank.

KB

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

Lots of failed starter solenoids & starters. And occasional VR & battery too.

Here's my tips to prevent this in the future;

1. Solder every hi-current ground & starter wire into their terminal lugs.
    These wires are large enough for intermittent starting, but NOT for stuck-closed solenoids!

2. Buy GOOD new starter solenoid
    Get replacement Yamaha solenoid or whatever AF1 is stocking. The cheap chinese solenoids on eBay are JUNK!!!

3. Test & replace Battery if below 50% capacity.
    Our Rotax V60 motors do NOT have a below-idle rpm de-compression system to help the motor get up to speed. Unlike most everything from Japan. The V60s need a minimum 50%-capacity battery to reliably spin the starter fast enough to turn the engine over.

Old batteries with less than 50% usually can't spin the starter on 1st try. Most owners keep holding the starter button down in hopes of it eventually spinning. This is what welds starter solenoid contacts together, because the non-spinning starter is a DEAD SHORT across the battery.

4. NEVER hold starter button down longer than 3 seconds when you hear the starter spinning.
    If engines does not start, release starter button & wait 5-10 seconds before you try again. Starter motor needs time to dissipate the heat of 3 seconds of use.

5. NEVER hold starter button in longer than 1 second if you do NOT hear starter+engine spinning.
    Wait 5-10 seconds & repeat. Starter motor needs time to dissipate the excessive heat of DEAD-SHORT current during attempt.

6. Be patient & NOT distracted during starting attempts. Your ears are telling you details of what's happening or not. Pay attention.

Good luck with your Italian Diva!

Catfish ...

Very sound advise from Catfish. Once you upgrade and solder the cables, replace the battery with a LiPOFE the starter motor makes quick work of lighting off the Rotax.
    I ran a separate 4ga ground from the battery to the rear mounting bolt on the starter motor to establish a direct current path from battery to starter motor. You cannot believe how fast the motor spins on startup.
    AF1's price on the solenoid is low enough that looking elsewhere is a foolish pursuit. Known quantity at a good price. Bought two last time so I have a spare in the drawer.

KB

Sent from my E6833 using Tapatalk

apriliaforum expert
    Starter solenoids:

Yamaha MC5D-611
    Honda 35850-HC4-000
    Honda 35850-HN2-A01 slips into rubber holder

Work. When they are OEM they are of high quality. When they are sold for a few dollars there is a reason.

Do yourself a favor and don't buy the cheap dollar look a-likes from Amazon or other parts outlets, specify OEM and not OEM compatible.

A $5 starter solenoid is exactly that.
    Last edited by CapoEVT; 06-02-2019 at 08:57 PM.
    ETV stands for Extra-Terrestrial Vehicle. The only thing better than having one is having two.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567