Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: BMW and third party parts for Pegaso

Oil Filter, part number 11 41 2 343 118 from BMW motorcycle main dealers, approx 11.70 GBP.

Oil filter O ring rubber gasket to go between oil filter housing and cover from BMW main dealers, part number 11417654013, 1.61 inc VAT: this is thicker than the standard Aprilia O ring - the Aprilia one is 2.5mm, the BMW one is 2.62mm thick.
    Last edited by SJL; 07-07-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Added second part
    I am not an expert, please make your own judgement on diagnosis prior to doing anything drastic! I cannot accept any responsibilty for any work done on suggestions from me! If you are unsure, please contact your local garage.

apriliaforum Junkie
    FOOT PEG RUBBERS

Try the link below for a pair of foot peg rubbers for Peg3. These are just the rubbers, and come in at just over 17 including VAT and postage. They may fit other Peg models too.

Aprila part No is 8120831, it's the same as my originals.

http://www.motorworks.co.uk/vlive/Sh...MA_30&spPage=1

I don't think you can get the Aprila part with the rubber and footpeg anymore, and they come in at about 60 a pair.

If you look at the link below it looks like they're used on the 1995 model too.

http://www.apriliagenuineparts.co.uk...51999-1740.php

Rob
    Last edited by rob100961; 07-30-2012 at 04:10 AM. Reason: Aprila Part No added

apriliaforum newb
    In efforts to free up some rear end weight, and go to a single exhaust can, I found that the can (or muffler) from a 2008-2012 KLR 650 bolts up to the stock frame mounts of a 2000 pegaso cube. You do have to add a spacer between the rear tab of the exhaust can and the frame mount, but the spacing for the forward and rear mounting points are the same as a KLR. I had a muffler shop bend up a mid pipe for me, and it has worked excellent. I love it. You can see the video for a better explanation and audio differences.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x-yQ...yer_detailpage

Duhfactor

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Nice work!

Can you show more details / pics from the "mid-pipe"?

apriliaforum newb
    Holgi,

I will try to take more video of the midpipe this weekend, and post up a link here for your to see it. I love the pipe myself, but is louder than you can tell in the video. If I can get it up sooner, I will try.

Duhfactor

Does the BMW Fundaro radiator fit?
    JohnA in LA, CA USA

01 RSVR (sold)
    00 Pegaso (sold)
    98 VFR800 (132,000 miles)
    89 R100GS (living in Baja)
    85 RZ500

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by SJL View Post
    Oil Filter, part number 11 41 2 343 118 from BMW motorcycle main dealers, approx 11.70 GBP.

Oil filter O ring rubber gasket to go between oil filter housing and cover from BMW main dealers, part number 11417654013, 1.61 inc VAT: this is thicker than the standard Aprilia O ring - the Aprilia one is 2.5mm, the BMW one is 2.62mm thick.
    Interesting, I got the oil filter the other day from my local BMW dealers and it came with a complete kit of the O-rings and compression washers for the two sump plugs too

apriliaforum newb

BMW and third party parts for Pegaso

Anyone know were to purchase clear indicator lenses front & rear also clear tail lens in the UK

Brisk BOR12LGS spark plug - Approx 10 GBP plus postage.

Only thing is the HV terminal nut is the wrong type for the HV cap that comes on the Pegaso 650 and is not removable easily (it appears to have the HV terminal nut welded on to the thread). The only way to remove this HV terminal nut is to grind it off, leaving the centre pin undamaged, so can be challenging!

Some people have tried (mostly unsucessfully) to twist the HV nut off the plug, and usually end up breaking the plug so it is irrepairable, so if you decide to use this plug be prepared to have to do some delicate grinding!

Name:  Brisk_Plug.JPG
Views: 1579
Size:  164.7 KB

Looking at the picture above, both plugs are the same make and model (Brisk BOR12LGS), the plug on the right hand side (in the box) I attempted to twist the HV cap off - and you see the result. The plug on the left is prepared and ready to go on the bike.

This plug has been really impressive for some people who have used it, and others have not noticed much of a difference. My experience was that I could not get my bike to fire with an NGK iridium plug, but it fired up first time when I eventually got the Brisk plug in it. There is also no requirement to "gap" this plug as it is a different design.

Anyway, end of essay!

Cheers,

Ste
    I am not an expert, please make your own judgement on diagnosis prior to doing anything drastic! I cannot accept any responsibilty for any work done on suggestions from me! If you are unsure, please contact your local garage.

apriliaforum newb
    Hi
    Stil have the Old Pegaso 1995 (mrk.ii) need a new air filter - cant find it in DK. part no.?
    Best Regards.
    Leif

Its same the air filter BMW F650 ST(funduro). I purchased local bmw service.
    93 Pegaso
    Burcinhan Doğan

apriliaforum newb
    OK Thanks burcinhan

apriliaforum newb
    After doing some research it seems the following parts fit. I will confirm after purchasing and fitting them

BMW F650 chain and sprocket set
    BMW F650 front disc

KLR650 87-97 rear brake pads
    BMW F650 front brake pads

BMW F650 2nd shift fork and engine gaskets (probably most engine parts)

Cheers

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Just read through this thread, but didn't see it. Do valve adjustment shims from the BMW F650 work in the Pegaso? Thanks!

apriliaforum expert
    I can not confirm if the F650 shims are interchangeable, but I happen to have one in 2.20mm.
    The OD is 28.94mm and it has square rim. (not beveled)

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast