Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Alternative Coils

ooooooow im gettin giddy now
    cant wait , must get the bike stripped out ready

many thanks to you ugly

Where can I sign up for this I wouldn't mine testing a couple out for you ( willing to pay cost's)

apriliaforum Junkie diybellydancer's Avatar
    I've just done a Renault Clio Mod on mine last week, as one failed, but will definitely get some of these!!

Wow if it wasn`t so expensive to get to Ireland and Australia I think that adds up to a free night on the beer !!

I will fire the tech stuff back to Amrish today and I have two London based guys (Capo and Futura) going down to get them fitted. Just to speed things up on the testing.

As soon as his advert is done I drop it here.
    To boldly go where no brit has gone before, or is likely to afterwards !

He doesn't need to Advertise! That just drives the price up - and we all want them in multiples of four - if he advertises, 1. the price goes up and 2. so does demand - if it quickly exceeds supply, his expenditure on advertising just generates frustrated people.

How about suggesting that he holds off on the ad until the immediate demand is satisfied (at significant discount!) - and when everyone here has got what they need, then open it up to the massed rank & file?
    Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

OK... do we know where to order these coils? How bout he makes a link or something easy to access so we can get started? And... do we know how much they will cost, and and and how about a small discount for multiples? and and err and thats it..

vivo

apriliaforum expert
    Well, here it is...

And here next to the original. As you can see, I had a little problem when taking off the plug wire (the little brass bit should have stayed on the wire...), but I managed to put it back without too much trouble. That said, after that I did not want to damage anything more so I am not sure whether Stu-O plug wires would fit the new coil. Probably.

Anyway, it's on now and the ECU light did not start flashing whilst running the bike in my garage! I also plugged in Tuneboy, and dwell numbers are all in line. So there you are, only time will tell obviously but quality seems good.

Well done Ugly!

Thumbs up

Monoi,

Excellent and thanks for going round to Amrish so quickly.

He emailed me yesterday with an approximate price of under 40GBP. Thats less than half the price of OEM and comes with a new HT Lead !

Shame on the "Tab" failure, this was an initial run of 100 its maybe something they can look at for the subsequent runs, but if it went back in fine, then I wondered if it was an adapter of some kind ?

Good to hear that Tuneboy likes them, I have been running 4 of these for 1000 miles now, just I had to build my own HT leads, no issues at all.

Result

apriliaforum Junkie
    40gbp each or a set? I have no clue how much they cost... Still on all my stock ones (14k miles)

40 GBP each I think, not set in stone yet.

They are $150 each on AF1 for OEM.

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UGLY58 View Post
    40 GBP each I think, not set in stone yet.

They are $150 each on AF1 for OEM.
    If these work out reliable the single biggest Capo bug bear will be banished, all hail the 'Ugly Coil Mod'! Fingers crossed.

How will they be sold, will it be flea bay or just via the company direct?
    Brum Brum

Ooops

Guys I received this today from Amrish the supplier,

Seems Monoi has tested the leads to destruction ! They have seemed to have made the rubber boots very tight to keep out moisture, not a bad thing I guess, thye are normally a car parts company so were a bit paranoid about the water effecting the coils and giving them a bad name.

So please be careful taking off the HT leads.

i forgot to explain, we didnt know if the leads were going to be fitted to the coil before or after the coil has been fitted, so i supplied it to the rider fitted.

could you explain to him that we have made these leads as a custom fit for these coils. very tight and secure. so if he needs to remove lead, to pull the rubber cover back from the lead and to pull the lead from the coil using pliers and holding the brass tip, or the brass tip will come away from the lead and and stay on the coil if its just pulled by hand.

even the rubber cover on the leads fits very tight over the rubber tip on the coils, but please be advise these have to be fitted with the rubber cover on the lead being pulled back first and pressed in on to the coil with pliers, then slip the rubber boot back up and over the rubber tip on the coil.

kind regards
    Amrish
    So good apparently even tuneboy likes the dwells !

apriliaforum expert the_toe_cutter's Avatar
    Sweet! And how is the company planning on selling them Ugly?, am eager to lay my dirty mits on one or two.
    Brum Brum

Quote Originally Posted by the_toe_cutter View Post
    Sweet! And how is the company planning on selling them Ugly?, am eager to lay my dirty mits on one or two.
    Yup, me too. My Capo has been patiently waiting for several months for these, I'm excited to see the final product! I would love to be on the list for the initial batch, and I'll take 4 please

Thanks again for all the work U58!
    2 Strokes: "If it aint smokin, it's broken!"
    74' Yamaha RD350
    79' Yamaha RD 400F "Daytona Special"
    02' Aprilia Caponord
    92' Kawi KZ1000 Police cafe' "Snoopy"

WWW.WESTERNCOVINTAGE.COM

Fleas Bay to start with certainly with this first run anyway.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast