Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: Casey may not be back....

  1. #31
    apriliaforum expert duc slayer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    ny
    Posts
    17,312
    I forgot all about Troy
    #1 Forum Mod Pisser-Offer

    Some say a comet will fall from the sky. Followed by meteor showers and tidal waves. Followed by faultlines that cannot sit still. Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipshits. Some say the end is near. Some say we'll see armageddon soon. I certainly hope we will
    I sure could use a vacation from this stupid shit, silly shit, stupid shit... One great big festering neon distraction, I've a suggestion to keep you all occupied. Learn to swim!!!

  2. #32
    apriliaforum expert RSVRFACTORY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NC...at the beach
    Posts
    7,494
    Didnt Roger Hayden loose a finger last year and miss most of the season because of that?
    Quote Originally Posted by falco03 View Post
    anyone that'd do that to a falco oughtta have their nuts tacked to a stump and then pushed over backwards.
    ...

    My carbon footprint is about 3% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough

  3. #33
    apriliaforum expert OZSLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Italijet View Post
    Troy Corser (IIRC) done the exact same thing at Donnington.

    No disrepect to Casey, but if I (or anyone I know) was suffering from exhaustion, the last thing we would want to do is drive 4000 km's for a fishing trip. He'd have to be not so sick to drive that distance.
    Troy Bayliss was the Troy in Question iirc.

    No disrespect to your comments, but how long did he (they actulally, as he went with another) take to drive 4000K's? A week with stops or point to point with no rest and just swapping drivers? Did he drive at all or just passenger? I myself dont know, and I'm guessing you have no idea either!

    He was suffering from a condition "brought on" by physical exhertion, not that he was an invalid from it and had to be wheeled around everywhere. The rest was so that he would be fit enough again to compete in the premier racing class, not so he could drive a car and I am guessing going on a road trip with your mate to go fishing would be fairly low impact bothj mentally and physically, and Aussies are accustomed to long distances anyway.

  4. #34
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    australia
    Posts
    1,610
    Quote Originally Posted by Italijet View Post
    No disrepect to Casey, but if I (or anyone I know) was suffering from exhaustion, the last thing we would want to do is drive 4000 km's for a fishing trip. He'd have to be not so sick to drive that distance.
    By reading this, i see you have never been here.

    If you told your mates your going on a 4000k fishing trip, they would all want to come with you and be pissed if they weren't.

  5. #35
    apriliaforum expert Italijet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hobbit Hole - Middle Earth
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by OZSLR View Post
    Troy Bayliss was the Troy in Question iirc.

    No disrespect to your comments, but how long did he (they actulally, as he went with another) take to drive 4000K's? A week with stops or point to point with no rest and just swapping drivers? Did he drive at all or just passenger? I myself dont know, and I'm guessing you have no idea either!
    Appologies, I thought it was Corser.

    Quite frankly how he got there is irrelevent to me. Covering that sort of distance, even as a passenger, requires mental fortitude and concentration. Something that I wouldn't have for that sort of distance if I couldn't last 45 minutes racing without suffering nausea.

    If he didn't share the driving he needs his backside kicked. There was an article posted earlier that went through all of the details of how, why and wherefor of the trip. It looked like they took a quite intense intinary to get there (and back).

    Quote Originally Posted by fredgreen
    If you told your mates your going on a 4000k fishing trip, they would all want to come with you and be pissed if they weren't.
    Sorry to dissapoint, but all my mates would laugh at the propect of doing 4000k's for fishing. Thet sort of distance is only feasible if the end result is something like a Bol Dor or Le Mans race week-end. And only if the trip is taken by Motorcycle through some of the most spectacular scenery.
    If you reached 101% of your ability, you only realised 99% of your potential.

    Mods:
    Akropovic/Aprilia Street Legal Performance Exhaust.
    Fabbri Double-Bubble Screen.
    Open Loop Aprilia Fuel Map.
    Balanced TB's.
    Working Rear Brake - Bled properly.
    Working Clutch - Annealed copper washer seals.
    Reworked Electrical crimps and connectors.
    Suspension setup.
    Fabbri Doublebubble Screen
    Zymol Ital Glaze prepared paint.

  6. #36
    apriliaforum expert OZSLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Italijet View Post
    Sorry to dissapoint, but all my mates would laugh at the propect of doing 4000k's for fishing.
    I guess that's why we Aussies are a little unique. In a country the size of the US, and the flatest on earth, and with a total population that has just nudged that of London or New York, travelling it's just something we do.

  7. #37
    apriliaforum expert Axecent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    9,460

    Update from MotoGP website

    The 2007 MotoGP World Champion Casey Stoner was back where he belongs on Thursday at Estoril, facing the press alongside Ducati management figures Livio Suppo and Filippo Preziosi - ahead of the bwin.com Grande Premio de Portugal.

    Stoner has missed the last three races in Brno, Indianapolis and Misano as he remained in his native Australia for several weeks in order to fully recover from the fatigue and stomach problems which had hindered him since the Barcelona race in June.

    Explaining his experiences, Stoner commented, “For me it was a very difficult decision to take, but we were struggling in the last few races I rode. After Donington I went back to Australia to see some more doctors, to understand what was going on and to try and go in the right direction. We were planning to come back at Brno but unfortunately we had not found a solution in that short time and I just had recommendations from my father, my wife and from the doctors saying ‘that’s enough, you have got to have some time out,’ and that is when the decision was made to spend three races away.”

    “It has been very difficult. During this period we did everything we could, seeing the right doctors, being on the right diet, to try and increase levels which blood tests showed I was low on. So now we have to see what I can do this weekend and how I can perform.”

    The ever-humble Aussie added in his usual understated manner, “I have apologised to my team for every race I have missed and also every race, before the break, since Catalunya, in which I knew I could not be fully competitive. Myself, all the team, all the mechanics, everyone was putting in 100% effort but we could not make it in the final stages of races. Hopefully now we can be competitive again, because I have been away from my bike for too long and I have missed it.”
    A mind is like a parachute: It doesn't work if it isn't open. FZ

    When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right. Victor Hugo

    So, the fear of death might be described as the fear of not being able to become whom one had planned to be. Pascal Mercier

  8. #38
    apriliaforum expert OZSLR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    3,927
    Quote Originally Posted by Axecent View Post
    The ever-humble Aussie added in his usual understated manner, “I have apologised to my team for every race I have missed and also every race, before the break, since Catalunya, in which I knew I could not be fully competitive. Myself, all the team, all the mechanics, everyone was putting in 100% effort but we could not make it in the final stages of races. Hopefully now we can be competitive again, because I have been away from my bike for too long and I have missed it.”
    Go get em son! You're our only hope now!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •