Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: Mana photo gallery

apriliaforum Member
    My Mana I live in Kings Lynn Norfolk UK, this is one of the nicest bikes to ride I have ever owned :-)
    Keith

apriliaforum newb

Hello, this is my Aprilia Mana from Spain

apriliaforum newb
    Hey there Duel, where did you get that lower cover for the exhaust?

Also, this is my first post. Greetings from Las Vegas!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180528_135255.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	509.7 KB 
ID:	358918Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180528_133458.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	499.3 KB 
ID:	358917Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180528_144137.jpg 
Size:	501.1 KB 
ID:	358919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180528_144352.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	501.2 KB 
ID:	358920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180528_150816.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	485.3 KB 
ID:	358921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180528_153215.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	502.1 KB 
ID:	358922

Took Manny a total of 9 miles offroad today, too!

Name:	IMG_20161105_204005.jpg 
Size:	629.7 KB 
ID:	364613Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170928_180628_587.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	543.5 KB 
ID:	364614Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20161213_152004.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	508.3 KB 
ID:	364615Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180731_155221_992.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	133.4 KB 
ID:	364616Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180731_155221_994.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	364617

10th year anniversary

Name:	20180817_183109.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	510.2 KB 
ID:	365361

I can't compete on the background scenery, but here is the first photo I have of me actually riding my Mana.

Name:	Harwich Air Ambulance Run 2018 Med.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	260.0 KB 
ID:	367023
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

apriliaforum newb
    AndyT, I think you've convinced me to get a few upgrades! I'm hella interested in whatever it is you have guarding your exhaust pipe, btw. What is it, where do I get one, or do I have to go shape some sheet metal? lol.

And did you ride it before and after the handlebar risers? How did you feel about it, if so?

apriliaforum newb
    So many questions, it turns out. Where did you get those turn signals, and how did you get them to mount? Which tach did you purchase? And those handguards are slick, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by XanRevent View Post
    AndyT, I think you've convinced me to get a few upgrades! I'm hella interested in whatever it is you have guarding your exhaust pipe, btw. What is it, where do I get one, or do I have to go shape some sheet metal? lol.

And did you ride it before and after the handlebar risers? How did you feel about it, if so?

So many questions, it turns out. Where did you get those turn signals, and how did you get them to mount? Which tach did you purchase? And those handguards are slick, haha.
    Hi XanRevent, firstly, welcome to the forum. If you check out my posts I have detailed some of my mods and added pictures so you can see what I've done.

To answer your questions specifically, The exhaust guard is a Puig chin fairing. Unfortunately they are about as rare as hens teeth these days and I bought mine from a fellow Mana owner. They are a pretty basic black plastic part on a metal subframe and in original form they tend to blister round the opening for the header pipe. I cut the opening back and then painted it to match the bike and added a couple of bits of reflective tape in the recesses either side. Painting it to match the bike is a step change and it now looks like it was intended to be there from the factory. Puig make all sorts chin fairings and belly pans so worth having a look at their catalogue to see if they still make something close that can be modified to fit. Some of the Suzuki ones intended for the V twins are close. Or just search out a used one from Ebay or bike breakers or even check with AF1 to see if they know of any for sale.

The handlebar risers have been a bit of a saga. I did ride the bike before they were fitted and found I got back ache and sore wrists. I'm a returning rider having taken a break from bikes due to family circumstances, but used to commute into London on a small Honda. I like the higher riding position and found a basic set of risers that fitted into the bar clamp. They were cheap off Ebay and allowed me to try them to see if they were the answer. They looked a bit rubbish though as they are universal and didn't quite line up with anything in the clamps. However they stopped my back ache and prove that all the cables and lines still reached without getting pulled tight anywhere. I have tried several other designs since, but none really had that 'factory' look so I have recently had a set of spacers made up that fit between the stock risers and the top yoke. These are much nicer looking.

Name:  Risers on the bike.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  214.6 KB

The indicators are easy - just BMW LED upgrades. They have the same mounting as the stock Aprilia ones and are intended to work with Canbus systems so are a straight swap with no resisters needed. I just cut the BMW plugs off the wiring and added Aprilia type ones for easy connection. I did discover that one of the short patch leads that are used to connect the front indicators on GTs had the polarity switched on one of the plugs. Not a problem with normal bulbs, but LEDs are polarity sensitive so one of them didn't work to start with, until I tracked down the fault. One point to note is that some BMW indicators have a longer foot on the rear pair. Not sure why, but make sure all four are the same short foot pattern to fit the Mana mounts.

The Tacho is a Trail Tech TTO Tach/Hour unit with a sensor wire that simply wraps round one of the HT leads. I put a bullet connector in the sensor wire behind the dash on my GT to make life easy as the dashboard has to come out of the bike to do even simple things like top up the radiator.

The hand guards are another easy mod. They are from a Dorsoduro. You need the Dorsoduro bar end weights as well, but are a straight fit on the Mana. The left one has to be sprung slightly to fit onto the mirror mount as the Dorsoduro has a normal clutch with a similar set up as the front brake on the right. They just touch the fairing on the GT at full lock, but not enough to ever be a problem.

So what else have I done - Going from front to back;

Added a pair of DRLs under the front edge of the fairing. A simple pair of bolt in LEDs that I modded to fit on brackets under the fairing. The photo doesn't do them justice as they are bright enough to be noticed even on bright days.

I guess the big mod is the Andreani cartridges and springs in the forks. There is a long post about these. As far as I'm concerned these have transformed the handling which now feels precise and gives loads of confidence even in marginal conditions. The adjustable top caps are visible in my photo above.

An X-creen Touring wind deflector. The standard screen used to deflect the wind straight into my visor. I ended up with my head getting pushed further and further back on high speed runs. The X-creen works a treat and now the slipstream goes over my head. I can run all day at 70mph with no trouble now.

Riderscan wide angle mirror mounted behind the windscreen. After two close calls on my local motorways I got one of these to see people sitting in my blind spots. I now check this as well as look over my shoulder when changing lanes or joining a motorway. I tried adding a small wide angle mirror to my normal ones, but didn't like them, so got the riderscan instead.

Heat Demon heated grips. With possibly the nicest looking controller I've ever seen. It simply replaces the mirror clamp on the left hand side and looks like a factory part. The heating elements stick onto the handlebars and allow the use of the stock Aprilia grips, which means they fit against the gear shift paddles as intended with no bodging required.

Grip Puppies over the stock mana grips. I got the Mana originally because I have arthritic knuckles which makes using a clutch painful after while. The Grip Puppies just make life more comfortable for me. The heated grips still work through them.

Kaoko throttle lock. Again, just as a comfort aid on long runs on the motorways.

A Fender extender on the front mudguard (I discovered this catches on the bottom of the radiator under full on emergency stop, so will need to be shortened a bit to stop it happening).

Custom built radiator guard. I got the mesh and the flexible edging from Ebay and it is simply held in place with cable ties.

R&G frame sliders. These paid for themselves when I dropped the bike in front of a load of mates. Missed my footing and then couldn't stop it going down. The bike ended up with a few minor scuffs on the hand guard and a small scratch on the rear bodywork. Not a mark on anything else.

Woodcraft folding brake pedal from AF1. There is a post about how I modified it on here.

Reshaped saddle and MotOK cover. This is still a work in progress. I found the square shape and forward tilt of the saddle uncomfortable on long runs so had it reshaped, but it still needs a bit more, so I'm experimenting with bits of foam at present to see what works. I also found I slipped about on the factory cover and the MotOK one has much better grip (and looks much nicer in my opinion).

Custom built rear hugger. I didn't like the aftermarket huggers that were available so made my own in fibreglass and painted it match the bike. Again, it looks 'factory' as a result.

You probably worked out that I love my Mana, but I'm a designer by trade and can't help tinkering to improve things.
    2009 Mana GT ABS; Andreani fork cartridges with uprated springs; Dorsoduro hand guards and heated grips; 30mm handlebar risers; Digital tachograph: Modified woodcraft folding brake pedal; R&G frame sliders

apriliaforum newb
    Good to see another 850 GT owner Peter Roper as I am also a newly owner of a 850 GT and I live in Sydney Australia.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	(41).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	369996

apriliaforum Member Patrick Morin's Avatar
    Tiny is your Mana's name?

apriliaforum newb
    No Patrick Morin that is my biker name as my Mana's name is April and she sits at home with my other bike Rhonda my 1995 GL1500A Honda GoldwingName:  (17).jpg
Views: 167
Size:  103.6 KB

apriliaforum newb
    No Patrick Morin Tiny is not my Mana's name as it is in fact my bikers name

Quote Originally Posted by tinykxb View Post
    Good to see another 850 GT owner Peter Roper as I am also a newly owner of a 850 GT and I live in Sydney Australia.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	(41).jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	223.1 KB 
ID:	369996
    Alas no longer a GT owner, sold it a couple of years ago, it was in the US. I still have my NA but it's mothballed at the moment as it's silly to have more than two bikes registered and at the moment those two are my Griso and Stelvio. I'm still working on Mana's though if you have trouble finding anyone local,I'm only a couple of hours away and have the belt tools etc.

Pete
    Professional Goat Burster.

apriliaforum newb
    No worries Pete and yes I know what it is like to have two bike regos as both my GT and Wing are just 3 months apart from each other but at least the full comprehensive insurance for both are are 6 months apart from each other so it gives me a bit of time to save up for them.. As for getting work done on the GT what is Bikebiz in Parramatta like for doing the work it might need??? or should I take it someone else as it is all new to me
    Last edited by tinykxb; 12-03-2018 at 02:51 AM. Reason: wrong spelling

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738