Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 91

Thread: Digi Dash modding or repair?

  1. #61
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by cell View Post
    If someone knows what kind of key it is required, could he build a key generator to hack into our ditech (or something similar)?
    no, there is no back door that I can find... you have your transponder keys which each have a unique id, and your chosen user code... there is no master code...

    Also the info I have only works if you have the dash apart and can access the eeprom... it would not help anyone to steal a bike.

    It would reveal how the unlock a dash for which the code is unknown, and it may allow someone to fraudulently alter the mileage on the odometer, however it still requires taking the dash apart and using a bunch of equipment to do it, and the people who have this equipment and know how to use it, could figure this out just as easily as I did...
    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Aprilia Black
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted 6.8g rollers
    Bought at 1400km after bearing failure on other bike
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    Currently over 6800 KM


    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Orange - Wearing Spiderman 2 Costume
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted, 7.2g rollers, ZMR7AP plug
    One HID Headlight (low beam), Clear LED tail light
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires w/Dynabeeds
    Electric trunk release - way cool!!
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    ACDelco / Schrader TPMS Sensors (Project In Progress)
    AMSOIL HP Injector oil
    All else is stock - over 32,500 KM
    LEFT MAIN BEARING FAILURE AT 33,000km
    Repairs and upgrades including HEL brake lines in progress

  2. #62
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,314
    I am posting it... what the heck...

    I started by saving a copy of the eeprom and then erasing it, hoping it would reinitialize itself... it didn't... but it did change the language to Italian - Still locked out.

    So I restored the original copy and started to experiment with it, my first guess at which bytes were the code was a winner... I zeroed them, turned it on entered "00000" and it started up and told me to "remember to enter your user code"... cool...

    Then I continued to experiment with things to see what would change, and this is what I have so far...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	eedump.jpg 
Views:	2123 
Size:	240.0 KB 
ID:	110504

    Of the 2KB eeprom, this is all that is used the rest is blank, so this is the complete dump here...

    The eeprom contains 128 pages of 16 bytes each, each line here is a page, it appears they only store only item per page, even if it is only a couple bits
    I don't know what the "04" at the top is, or the "30" in the middle... the rest is done.

    The mileage is the only thing that has any redundancy or checksum, it stores two identical copies of the mileage string in two separate pages, the mileage is always in KM, bit 2 of byte 6 selects the display between KM and Miles, but it is still always stored in KM... If you corrupt one page or the other it recovers and fixes itself, if you corrupt both it resets to ZERO KM and display in KM... I placed the cursor on the mileage and you can see at the side it decodes to "4442" that is the actual mileage on this dash... the last byte of the string is the check byte, it is not a simple checksum, I am not sure how it is calculated, maybe best left that way, since that prevents altering the mileage to anything other than zero.

    The user code is not protected at all and can be read straight out, the dash code is "91700" I bought this dash, code unknown...

    You can see there are 2 transponder keys programmed, you can program up to 4

    The dash error code memory stores one bit per code, one byte stores the memory for all codes DSB1 - DSB7... "07" means codes DSB1, DSB2, and DSB4 in memory...

    Language "01" is English, I think "04" was Spanish, I did not try them all

    The lap timer has 3 laps stored, 11.04s, 11.92s, and 11.04s... (Hint - "0B" hex is 11 decimal)

    that's all...
    Last edited by techrat1; 06-14-2009 at 08:46 PM.
    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Aprilia Black
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted 6.8g rollers
    Bought at 1400km after bearing failure on other bike
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    Currently over 6800 KM


    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Orange - Wearing Spiderman 2 Costume
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted, 7.2g rollers, ZMR7AP plug
    One HID Headlight (low beam), Clear LED tail light
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires w/Dynabeeds
    Electric trunk release - way cool!!
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    ACDelco / Schrader TPMS Sensors (Project In Progress)
    AMSOIL HP Injector oil
    All else is stock - over 32,500 KM
    LEFT MAIN BEARING FAILURE AT 33,000km
    Repairs and upgrades including HEL brake lines in progress

  3. #63
    Moderator (ADSUM) Grenadiers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    “I reject your reality, and substitute my own.” CANADA
    Posts
    12,873
    Quote Originally Posted by techrat1 View Post
    I am posting it... what the heck...

    The eeprom contains 128 pages of 16 bytes each, each line here is a page, it appears they only store only item per page, even if it is only a couple bits
    I don't know what the "04" at the top is, or the "30" in the middle... the rest is done.


    The mileage is the only thing that has any redundancy or checksum, it stores two identical copies of the mileage string in two separate pages, the mileage is always in KM, bit 2 of byte 6 selects the display between KM and Miles, but it is still always stored in KM... If you corrupt one page or the other it recovers and fixes itself, if you corrupt both it resets to ZERO KM and display in KM... I placed the cursor on the mileage and you can see at the side it decodes to "4442" that is the actual mileage on this dash... the last byte of the string is the check byte, it is not a simple checksum, I am not sure how it is calculated, maybe best left that way, since that prevents altering the mileage to anything other than zero.

    The user code is not protected at all and can be read straight out, the dash code is "91700" I bought this dash, code unknown...

    You can see there are 2 transponder keys programmed, you can program up to 4

    that's all...

    Wow, it looks like the system can handle a lot more information in the EEPROM.

    Is it possible that the “04” is in reference to the year of manufacture of the dash and/or bike?

    So you were able to re-set the dash (from the code point of view anyway) to as if it was brand new? I see that as a good enough reason for this whole project. For someone that purchased his/her bike say several years ago and set the code back then, may have a legitimate reason to have the dash “hacked” to save some money (new transponder keys $53.00US each, new dash $350.00+US, hacking a dash to reset the code… PRICELESS!! ).

    It’s too bad that the only way to gain access to this is by tearing the dash apart! Or can you make an adapter that can quickly attach to the back of the dash so that you wouldn’t have to rip the dash’s back off? Is the connector at the back of the dash able to access the programming that way? Or can you at least make up an adapter to connect to the open port on the dash’s motherboard to access it quickly!

    I also like the idea that the dash can handle up to 4 transponders. Not that I see this happening, but what if you use up the 4 slots (i.e. the bike has passed through a few different owners, each having lost a set of keys and now a third owner requires a new set of keys)? Is the 3rd person screwed in this case and doomed to also purchasing a new dash as well as keys? Or does the third set of transponders codes “displace” the first recorded transponder numbers… Kind of like a rolling update.

    Do you see this dash as something that can be modified as how you mentioned at he beginning of this thread? Or would that be too much effort for too little gain.
    Tempus Fugit
    06 SR50 (Morini)/AIRSAL 70CC BBK/NGK BR9EIX/Top Speed-117KPH (GPS)!!
    Rear Rack & Top Case/Buzzetti Side stand/Aprilia Racing Shock W/STR8 65mmRiser/HGT Stretch Kit
    HGT PFI Kit/Malossi MHR Team II Pipe/All Polished Water Pump
    Black HGT Gen 3 Fuel Regulator/Stebel Magnum Horn/Glowshift Elite Gauge
    BING 26mm TBA/BGM Pro Reed Block & Pod Filter
    Polished Aluminum Varo W/Kick start/Pod Filter/HEL Brake Lines
    HGT Red Brake Levers/LED bulbs/BGM LED Tail Light
    Malossi Delta Clutch w/Blue springs/Red Contra spring & TC/MHR Full Circle Crank
    Malossi 15/40 Primary Gears & Multivar w/5gr Dr. Pulley Sliders/Kevlar Belt
    Michelin Pilot Sport 140/60 Rear tire w/Dyna Beads&TPMS Sensor

  4. #64
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenadiers View Post
    Wow, it looks like the system can handle a lot more information in the EEPROM.

    Is it possible that the “04” is in reference to the year of manufacture of the dash and/or bike?

    So you were able to re-set the dash (from the code point of view anyway) to as if it was brand new? I see that as a good enough reason for this whole project. For someone that purchased his/her bike say several years ago and set the code back then, may have a legitimate reason to have the dash “hacked” to save some money (new transponder keys $53.00US each, new dash $350.00+US, hacking a dash to reset the code… PRICELESS!! ).

    It’s too bad that the only way to gain access to this is by tearing the dash apart! Or can you make an adapter that can quickly attach to the back of the dash so that you wouldn’t have to rip the dash’s back off? Is the connector at the back of the dash able to access the programming that way? Or can you at least make up an adapter to connect to the open port on the dash’s motherboard to access it quickly!

    I also like the idea that the dash can handle up to 4 transponders. Not that I see this happening, but what if you use up the 4 slots (i.e. the bike has passed through a few different owners, each having lost a set of keys and now a third owner requires a new set of keys)? Is the 3rd person screwed in this case and doomed to also purchasing a new dash as well as keys? Or does the third set of transponders codes “displace” the first recorded transponder numbers… Kind of like a rolling update.

    Do you see this dash as something that can be modified as how you mentioned at he beginning of this thread? Or would that be too much effort for too little gain.
    At this time, yes I can reset a dash to have no code, or any code you want, I can reset mileage to zero or leave it alone, I cannot yet set it to a random value.
    So I can now officially offer this service if anyone needs it, but I must do it by taking the dash apart, I need access to at least the hidden 10 pin connector on the back of the PCB... It may be possible later by other means, but I doubt it...

    As for the keys as soon as you select "Change Keys" in the menu, it erases all 4 keys from memory, and then you can program up to 4 keys, all previous keys are erased so you must reprogram all your keys at the same time, not just your new one.

    And yes the dash can be extensively modded, and I totally think it is worthwhile, I am now working on determining what controller is on the LCD and how the processor controls the LEDs, and LCD so I can write a demo program that flashes the LEDs and puts a logo or message on the LCD...
    It is proving difficult because it is a 4 layer PCB, and the LCD controller is chip on glass (COG), with no part numbers or logos on it.
    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Aprilia Black
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted 6.8g rollers
    Bought at 1400km after bearing failure on other bike
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    Currently over 6800 KM


    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Orange - Wearing Spiderman 2 Costume
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted, 7.2g rollers, ZMR7AP plug
    One HID Headlight (low beam), Clear LED tail light
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires w/Dynabeeds
    Electric trunk release - way cool!!
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    ACDelco / Schrader TPMS Sensors (Project In Progress)
    AMSOIL HP Injector oil
    All else is stock - over 32,500 KM
    LEFT MAIN BEARING FAILURE AT 33,000km
    Repairs and upgrades including HEL brake lines in progress

  5. #65
    apriliaforum Junkie lotto2k7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Merseyside, England, UK.
    Posts
    281
    do you think that you could make the CARBs needle move up and down on turn-on(like the factory) also have the LEDs follow the needle, as it goes up and back down?
    if so, i would pay you to do it to mine
    Lotto2k7

    Aprilia SR50-R, 58 Plate
    Diablo Black/Red

    De-Restricted Piaggio Carb Engine
    Giannelli Extra Chrome Exhaust
    Polini Speed Control
    Stage6 Clutch Wing Cooler

    Top Speed: 58MPH

    www.Bebo.com/Sr50rAprilia

    SOLD MY BABY

    I HAVE SOME PERFORMANCE PARTS FOR SALE PM ME IF YOUR INTERESTED


  6. #66
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by lotto2k7 View Post
    do you think that you could make the CARBs needle move up and down on turn-on(like the factory) also have the LEDs follow the needle, as it goes up and back down?
    if so, i would pay you to do it to mine
    Due to the very little potential in modding the carb dash and the limited free time I have, it would be a low priority for me...

    First I an going to work on the injected dash, and later I may work on the carb dash if someone donates one for me to work on, I bought the injected one I am working on because I wanted to mod it for my bike.

    Or I may be able to make an injected dash work on a carb bike that has no ECU to give you all the potential of the better dash, this may interest people doing ditech to carb conversions as well, the biggest problem with putting one on a actual carb bike is the different connector would need an adapter or modification to plug in.
    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Aprilia Black
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted 6.8g rollers
    Bought at 1400km after bearing failure on other bike
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    Currently over 6800 KM


    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Orange - Wearing Spiderman 2 Costume
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted, 7.2g rollers, ZMR7AP plug
    One HID Headlight (low beam), Clear LED tail light
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires w/Dynabeeds
    Electric trunk release - way cool!!
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    ACDelco / Schrader TPMS Sensors (Project In Progress)
    AMSOIL HP Injector oil
    All else is stock - over 32,500 KM
    LEFT MAIN BEARING FAILURE AT 33,000km
    Repairs and upgrades including HEL brake lines in progress

  7. #67
    Moderator (ADSUM) Grenadiers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    “I reject your reality, and substitute my own.” CANADA
    Posts
    12,873
    Quote Originally Posted by techrat1 View Post
    At this time, yes I can reset a dash to have no code, or any code you want, I can reset mileage to zero or leave it alone, I cannot yet set it to a random value.
    So I can now officially offer this service if anyone needs it, but I must do it by taking the dash apart, I need access to at least the hidden 10 pin connector on the back of the PCB... It may be possible later by other means, but I doubt it...

    As for the keys as soon as you select "Change Keys" in the menu, it erases all 4 keys from memory, and then you can program up to 4 keys, all previous keys are erased so you must reprogram all your keys at the same time, not just your new one.

    And yes the dash can be extensively modded, and I totally think it is worthwhile, I am now working on determining what controller is on the LCD and how the processor controls the LEDs, and LCD so I can write a demo program that flashes the LEDs and puts a logo or message on the LCD...
    It is proving difficult because it is a 4 layer PCB, and the LCD controller is chip on glass (COG), with no part numbers or logos on it.

    So they (the makers of the dash) didn't route access to the EEPROM via the Dash's connector eh? That's too bad. That would have made your job working on this thing just that much easier. But then again, perhaps that's what they had in mind... I would think that once you have all the pin-outs mapped, producing a connector that you can use to tap into it should be fairly easy, am I right? Of course there is still the part about having to pull apart the dash, but if you’ve done it once… it should become easier with each dash I would think.

    BTW, have you found any evidence of additional code(s) that can be entered into the system to access other functions or features? Can you change the exsisting code for accessing the diagnostics?

    None the less, I still can’t wait to see just what you can do to this dash!!

    Other then the LED’s; what are you thinking about with regards to the dash. Will it be possible to pull more information from the ECU and have it displayed on the Dash?
    Tempus Fugit
    06 SR50 (Morini)/AIRSAL 70CC BBK/NGK BR9EIX/Top Speed-117KPH (GPS)!!
    Rear Rack & Top Case/Buzzetti Side stand/Aprilia Racing Shock W/STR8 65mmRiser/HGT Stretch Kit
    HGT PFI Kit/Malossi MHR Team II Pipe/All Polished Water Pump
    Black HGT Gen 3 Fuel Regulator/Stebel Magnum Horn/Glowshift Elite Gauge
    BING 26mm TBA/BGM Pro Reed Block & Pod Filter
    Polished Aluminum Varo W/Kick start/Pod Filter/HEL Brake Lines
    HGT Red Brake Levers/LED bulbs/BGM LED Tail Light
    Malossi Delta Clutch w/Blue springs/Red Contra spring & TC/MHR Full Circle Crank
    Malossi 15/40 Primary Gears & Multivar w/5gr Dr. Pulley Sliders/Kevlar Belt
    Michelin Pilot Sport 140/60 Rear tire w/Dyna Beads&TPMS Sensor

  8. #68
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenadiers View Post
    So they (the makers of the dash) didn't route access to the EEPROM via the Dash's connector eh? That's too bad. That would have made your job working on this thing just that much easier. But then again, perhaps that's what they had in mind... I would think that once you have all the pin-outs mapped, producing a connector that you can use to tap into it should be fairly easy, am I right? Of course there is still the part about having to pull apart the dash, but if you’ve done it once… it should become easier with each dash I would think.

    BTW, have you found any evidence of additional code(s) that can be entered into the system to access other functions or features? Can you change the exsisting code for accessing the diagnostics?

    None the less, I still can’t wait to see just what you can do to this dash!!

    Other then the LED’s; what are you thinking about with regards to the dash. Will it be possible to pull more information from the ECU and have it displayed on the Dash?
    The only access from the connector on the back is the K-line data bus, which CAN be used to re-program the dash after you select "Update" from the diagnostic menu, But I do not know if you can do anything to the dash through the K-line if it is locked

    I don't believe there are any other hidden codes, because the entire menu structure is visible in the ROM dump as ASCII text, and everything you can see there we already have access to. As for changing the diagnostic code, I have not found where in the ROM it is stored (it is in the main ROM, not the EEPROM) but I don't see any reason why it could not be changed.

    The dash could be made to display all the info that the gameboy can display, possibly even more, I have allot of plans for the dash, but need to do a lot more hacking and tracing wires to figure out how to control the hardware that is there and what hardware could be added.
    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Aprilia Black
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted 6.8g rollers
    Bought at 1400km after bearing failure on other bike
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    Currently over 6800 KM


    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Orange - Wearing Spiderman 2 Costume
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted, 7.2g rollers, ZMR7AP plug
    One HID Headlight (low beam), Clear LED tail light
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires w/Dynabeeds
    Electric trunk release - way cool!!
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    ACDelco / Schrader TPMS Sensors (Project In Progress)
    AMSOIL HP Injector oil
    All else is stock - over 32,500 KM
    LEFT MAIN BEARING FAILURE AT 33,000km
    Repairs and upgrades including HEL brake lines in progress

  9. #69
    Moderator (ADSUM) Grenadiers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    “I reject your reality, and substitute my own.” CANADA
    Posts
    12,873
    Quote Originally Posted by techrat1 View Post
    The only access from the connector on the back is the K-line data bus, which CAN be used to re-program the dash after you select "Update" from the diagnostic menu, But I do not know if you can do anything to the dash through the K-line if it is locked

    I don't believe there are any other hidden codes, because the entire menu structure is visible in the ROM dump as ASCII text, and everything you can see there we already have access to. As for changing the diagnostic code, I have not found where in the ROM it is stored (it is in the main ROM, not the EEPROM) but I don't see any reason why it could not be changed.

    The dash could be made to display all the info that the gameboy can display, possibly even more, I have allot of plans for the dash, but need to do a lot more hacking and tracing wires to figure out how to control the hardware that is there and what hardware could be added.
    In many ways, I hope you hit it out of the park, so to speak, with regards to just what can be done.

    Adding the Gameboy-level diagnostics would be a hugh plus!! Not to mention some of the other things that could be done if you can add some additional connectivity like an SD card slot.

    Would it then be possible to download engine and use data (i.e. run time, fuel usage, mileage ridden, etc.) to the card for analyze and tweaking? Is there even a program that could do that? Could one be written? Is this to "pie in the sky" thinking, or could this actually be done?

    I am already looking forward at yanking mine to send to you this winter for "upgrading"!!!
    Tempus Fugit
    06 SR50 (Morini)/AIRSAL 70CC BBK/NGK BR9EIX/Top Speed-117KPH (GPS)!!
    Rear Rack & Top Case/Buzzetti Side stand/Aprilia Racing Shock W/STR8 65mmRiser/HGT Stretch Kit
    HGT PFI Kit/Malossi MHR Team II Pipe/All Polished Water Pump
    Black HGT Gen 3 Fuel Regulator/Stebel Magnum Horn/Glowshift Elite Gauge
    BING 26mm TBA/BGM Pro Reed Block & Pod Filter
    Polished Aluminum Varo W/Kick start/Pod Filter/HEL Brake Lines
    HGT Red Brake Levers/LED bulbs/BGM LED Tail Light
    Malossi Delta Clutch w/Blue springs/Red Contra spring & TC/MHR Full Circle Crank
    Malossi 15/40 Primary Gears & Multivar w/5gr Dr. Pulley Sliders/Kevlar Belt
    Michelin Pilot Sport 140/60 Rear tire w/Dyna Beads&TPMS Sensor

  10. #70
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenadiers View Post
    In many ways, I hope you hit it out of the park, so to speak, with regards to just what can be done.

    Adding the Gameboy-level diagnostics would be a hugh plus!! Not to mention some of the other things that could be done if you can add some additional connectivity like an SD card slot.

    Would it then be possible to download engine and use data (i.e. run time, fuel usage, mileage ridden, etc.) to the card for analyze and tweaking? Is there even a program that could do that? Could one be written? Is this to "pie in the sky" thinking, or could this actually be done?

    I am already looking forward at yanking mine to send to you this winter for "upgrading"!!!
    I maybe should not have mentioned the SD card thing... One of the application notes from Fujitsu demonstrates accessing an SD card and reading and writing files with a DOS file system... But I don't know if it would be useful or not in the dash, and I am hesitant to mod the hardware to much or add anything the requires making a hole on the housing, due to the reliability of it... any mods inside need to be neat and vibration / temperature proof and we still need to minimize moisture / dirt intrusion into dash...

    But I still do have some outrageous ideas that some of which I hope to make happen... no time to work on it last night or tonight... but maybe tomorrow...

    The LCD is going to be hard to identify... looks like 112x96 pixels single COG controller/driver, and internal charge pump / external capacitors... 8 bit parallel interface at 5V... but I have not verified that completely yet.
    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Aprilia Black
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted 6.8g rollers
    Bought at 1400km after bearing failure on other bike
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    Currently over 6800 KM


    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Orange - Wearing Spiderman 2 Costume
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted, 7.2g rollers, ZMR7AP plug
    One HID Headlight (low beam), Clear LED tail light
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires w/Dynabeeds
    Electric trunk release - way cool!!
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    ACDelco / Schrader TPMS Sensors (Project In Progress)
    AMSOIL HP Injector oil
    All else is stock - over 32,500 KM
    LEFT MAIN BEARING FAILURE AT 33,000km
    Repairs and upgrades including HEL brake lines in progress

  11. #71
    Moderator (ADSUM) Grenadiers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    “I reject your reality, and substitute my own.” CANADA
    Posts
    12,873
    Quote Originally Posted by techrat1 View Post
    I maybe should not have mentioned the SD card thing... One of the application notes from Fujitsu demonstrates accessing an SD card and reading and writing files with a DOS file system... But I don't know if it would be useful or not in the dash, and I am hesitant to mod the hardware to much or add anything the requires making a hole on the housing, due to the reliability of it... any mods inside need to be neat and vibration / temperature proof and we still need to minimize moisture / dirt intrusion into dash...

    But I still do have some outrageous ideas that some of which I hope to make happen... no time to work on it last night or tonight... but maybe tomorrow...

    The LCD is going to be hard to identify... looks like 112x96 pixels single COG controller/driver, and internal charge pump / external capacitors... 8 bit parallel interface at 5V... but I have not verified that completely yet.

    Hey Techrat!!

    Any more news or updates?
    Tempus Fugit
    06 SR50 (Morini)/AIRSAL 70CC BBK/NGK BR9EIX/Top Speed-117KPH (GPS)!!
    Rear Rack & Top Case/Buzzetti Side stand/Aprilia Racing Shock W/STR8 65mmRiser/HGT Stretch Kit
    HGT PFI Kit/Malossi MHR Team II Pipe/All Polished Water Pump
    Black HGT Gen 3 Fuel Regulator/Stebel Magnum Horn/Glowshift Elite Gauge
    BING 26mm TBA/BGM Pro Reed Block & Pod Filter
    Polished Aluminum Varo W/Kick start/Pod Filter/HEL Brake Lines
    HGT Red Brake Levers/LED bulbs/BGM LED Tail Light
    Malossi Delta Clutch w/Blue springs/Red Contra spring & TC/MHR Full Circle Crank
    Malossi 15/40 Primary Gears & Multivar w/5gr Dr. Pulley Sliders/Kevlar Belt
    Michelin Pilot Sport 140/60 Rear tire w/Dyna Beads&TPMS Sensor

  12. #72
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenadiers View Post
    Hey Techrat!!

    Any more news or updates?

    I have been working all morning on trying to trace the LCD signals or identify it's controller... and I am having no luck... this PCB is way more complex than the Ditech ECU and the pitch of the IC's and traces is very small... It is also a 4 layer PCB with many vias.

    I have identified every chip on the PCB, and none of them are an LCD controller, however there is a 10 channel bus switch that appears to be connected to some of the LCD signals possibly as part of a level translation between 5V and 3.3V? I have not even determined the operating voltage of the LCD or which pins are power/data/charge pump...

    Also I can't find a full datasheet for the chip that handles the RF for the transponder immobilizer, that may require some kind of agreement with Philips semiconductor, I need that to determine how to read the keys.
    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Aprilia Black
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted 6.8g rollers
    Bought at 1400km after bearing failure on other bike
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    Currently over 6800 KM


    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Orange - Wearing Spiderman 2 Costume
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted, 7.2g rollers, ZMR7AP plug
    One HID Headlight (low beam), Clear LED tail light
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires w/Dynabeeds
    Electric trunk release - way cool!!
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    ACDelco / Schrader TPMS Sensors (Project In Progress)
    AMSOIL HP Injector oil
    All else is stock - over 32,500 KM
    LEFT MAIN BEARING FAILURE AT 33,000km
    Repairs and upgrades including HEL brake lines in progress

  13. #73
    apriliaforum newb
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3
    Did you do any more on this project?

  14. #74
    apriliaforum expert xa-mont's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    567
    any news on this?

  15. #75
    apriliaforum expert
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,314
    Quote Originally Posted by xa-mont View Post
    any news on this?
    not really... what kind of interest do you have in it?
    I know allot more about the hardware, have all the documentation and tools from fujitsu, I contacted philips and got the documentation for the transponder basestation IC... I know the LCD has a COG controller operating at 3.3V, connected by SPI serial, on module charge pump, using external capacitors, but still don't know which controller it is. I made a cable for the JTAG connector and have reflashed dashes with newer / older firmware (I have 3 versions), and flashed an SR dash with Tuono software, I have unlocked several dashes for other people and can do so without soldering, but still need to open the dash to do so. have not really looked at it for a couple years, but still plan to someday. right now I am busy with my seadoo project.
    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Aprilia Black
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted 6.8g rollers
    Bought at 1400km after bearing failure on other bike
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    Currently over 6800 KM


    2006 SR50 Factory (morini) Orange - Wearing Spiderman 2 Costume
    ECU V2.82 Derestricted, 7.2g rollers, ZMR7AP plug
    One HID Headlight (low beam), Clear LED tail light
    Michelin Pilot Sport SC Tires w/Dynabeeds
    Electric trunk release - way cool!!
    Interstate IB9-B Battery
    ACDelco / Schrader TPMS Sensors (Project In Progress)
    AMSOIL HP Injector oil
    All else is stock - over 32,500 KM
    LEFT MAIN BEARING FAILURE AT 33,000km
    Repairs and upgrades including HEL brake lines in progress

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •