Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: -={ride reports}=-

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeral64 View Post
    Nice pics Vicki, I bet your winter is like our summer!
    Wish I did live where our winter is like your summer. I actually live withing 60 km of one of the more renown coldest places in NSW - thats not in the Snowy mountains.
    We get some snow nearly every year, and lots of very cold f.. f.... freezing wind off the snow fields and the local 'mountain'.

Didnt ride last Saturday cos couldnt get a long enough break between bouts of sleet and rain, but the sun was out for a while on Sunday, and it would have snowed - had it warmed up a little. Only I should have worn the dry rider pants as well !!
    Giving the new R-Jay "Ice Lord" gloves a work out - they much warmer than my old leather lined ones. Luckily, it doesnt take long to ride to work in this weather !!

It even turned freezing cold the day I picked up my Peg and rode him home - that was late Spring / early summer last year.
    The road near home was jus barely dry. The gold label dry rider gear worked a treat.
    Name:  ride home 7.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  31.0 KBName:  ride home 6.jpg
Views: 390
Size:  26.1 KBName:  ride home 8 - arrive.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  38.1 KB

Sure fire way to get the admin's attention for a seperate ride report setion, P-uk could start attaching those skinny dipping pics from his other ride !!

apriliaforum expert punisher_uk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicki M View Post

Sure fire way to get the admin's attention for a seperate ride report setion, P-uk could start attaching those skinny dipping pics from his other ride !!
    well wasn't it lucky their was only me their and no one to hold the camera
    fewwwwww
    hm i do have a tripod maybe next time (cof cof )
    anyway cool pics and at last my ride reports are picking up

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by punisher_uk View Post
    well wasn't it lucky their was only me their and no one to hold the camera
    fewwwwww
    hm i do have a tripod maybe next time (cof cof ):
    On second thorts, the skinny dip pics wud probably be more likely to clear the forum of the rest of us before they got admin's attention.

Maybe admin is working very busily even as we type to create a ride report section. Saw a good example of picture / ride reports in the Pegaso Yahoo forum recently. All lined up on the screen like mini books with 1st pic on the 'cover', scroll back and forth, click to flick thru any that took your fancy.

Well my Peg went back together yesterday, gave it a ride around the farm to make sure nothing fell off, fueled it up and went off road to try and REALY shake bits off!

That track ends up in hundreds of bomb holes and a muddy track, had the peg airborn lots of times then took her for a blat down the M4 to see how she was at speed, 100mph+ before it got a little twitchy.

All in all went very well, but I'm not sure it's short wheel base will carry the panniers I've had made
    AndrewD

1997 Aprilia Pegaso 650
    1994 BMW K1100RS
    1997 Triumph Tiger 900 For Sale
    1972 Beer Belly

www.gabfesters.co.uk

well she looks well
    and small next to the africa twin

Quote Originally Posted by punisher_uk View Post
    well she looks well
    and small next to the africa twin
    Oh it's tiny compared and much quicker to maneuver, almost a Scrambler by comparison. But the exhausts sound like a Harley being fed the berries and it's as light as a feather (well as light as a feather with a fat bastard on top anyway!).
    AndrewD

1997 Aprilia Pegaso 650
    1994 BMW K1100RS
    1972 Beer Belly

www.gabfesters.co.uk

apriliaforum Junkie
    So, heres an idea. Instead of having one really, really, really... long thread as riders add reports and pix, how about we agree to prefix ride reports with, say, RR - title. That way a search on RR will just bring up the ride reports.

Just an idea.

So, heres an idea. Instead of having one really, really, really... long thread as riders add reports and pix, how about we agree to prefix ride reports with, say, RR - title. That way a search on RR will just bring up the ride reports.

Just an idea.
    I think RR is too short for the search engine
    AndrewD

1997 Aprilia Pegaso 650
    1994 BMW K1100RS
    1972 Beer Belly

www.gabfesters.co.uk

Just an idea.

We're trying to get the ride reports as a "sticky" but the mods either don't hear us or are ignoring us.Probably the latter.I think that if we just put them up anywhere they will get lost amongst all the other threads.

A2

as ive not ridden properly for 3 weeks im depresed
    PLEASE SOMEONE POST SOME COOL PICS TO KEEP ME GOING

Just some random photos to keep you sane.

A mate goes over the edge.

apriliaforum expert
    Hmmm Auatralia brings back memories,

I've got a few pics and a very brief write up of my 3.5 month trip there if you click on Australia
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pjbanks/

apriliaforum Junkie
    Some cool pics !! (pun intended)

Cold weather piking not withstanding - I talked a couple of ride buddies into a 'cold weather' run last Saturday.

Warning - not a full ride report as not enough pix, the problem of riding with others.
    Also - absolutely no chance (esp this time of year) of any pix taken scaring A2's cat.

Glorious winter's day. The thermometer even made it - just - into double digits! (Celcius). Sun was out so everything looked rosy, and almost no breeze. Dunno what the wind chill factor would'a been, but still fairly substancial cooling at 100 kmph (60 mph) + or - (mostly just on the + side).

The ride itself was unremarkable. All tar, punctuated only by some 1km stretches of road works, quite solid dirt but had only just been watered down. We followed the water truck thru one stretch.

Some Trip stats - all times approx

2:45 pm .... Kitted up in cold wx gear and left home.
    ................ 50 km (30 min) ride to nearby township, called in and accosted a work mate at home for a while. and took a couple of pix.
    Name:  Photo0148.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  43.4 KBName:  Photo0144.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  33.9 KBName:  Photo0145.jpg
Views: 333
Size:  29.8 KB

4:30 pm .... 25 km (15 min) ride across back road to another township. Air temp starting to drop noticeably.
    5:00 pm.... 50 km (30 min) ride back home. Temp seriously on the descent again.
    5:30 pm .... arrive home just before dark, Very glad left heater on before we left.

had done 155km round town running on tank full before we left, Fuel warning light came on just after left town on last leg home. Peg doesnt seem to get too many lit/km (mpg) round town running.

Riding gear stood up to the cold well - except :

New jacket - not bad, but not as warm as my old gold-label dry rider, and collar doesnt come up as high round the neck - but lots of armour which the DR jacket and pants pre-date. Will have to remember to take scarf and extra jumper for next time.

And of course the fingers. New gloves actually got hot and bit sweaty on trip out, then fingers got very cold on return trip - even though the hand protectors kept off much of the cold air. Probably due to circulation and lack of movement as much as the cold. Think I need to sus out some heat beads or something to drop down the ends of the fingers if ever do any long winter trips.

The bike, as always, never missed a beat. His mates on the day was a KTM 640 (I think) and a V-strom 650.

apriliaforum Junkie
    A2 - great pix. I'm gonna hafta brush up on my photography...

Err.... it looks like your bike went over the embankment and had to be dragged out ?

A2 - great pix. I'm gonna hafta brush up on my photography...

Err.... it looks like your bike went over the embankment and had to be dragged out ?

Thanks Vicki.It was my mates bike that went over the edge.I saw the whole thing in my mirrors.There was no way we were getting it out by ourselves so I rode back to where they were doing some road works and the guys helped us get it back on the road.Lucky they were there as we were in the High Country and miles from anyone.

Cheers
    A2

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast