Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: -={ride reports}=-

Just back from a cracking (BMW ) week end; we visited France up into Belgium to Ypres and then up to Holland (Zeeland) for fish'n'chips in Breksens after a visit to Sluis, noted for being a small town with about 15 sex shops!

We were fortunate that there was a regimental visit to the Menin Gate. Del, Tony and Adam got a front row 'seat' to proceedings. I highly recomend you take the time if you can to visit!

Adam had his front brakes seized, so a quick strip down was required under a shady tree, after an hour counter balancing he fell of the bike!

On the way to the ferry we stopped at a V2 missile site, this place was HUGE, think your average James Bond villain secret lair size! The allies bombed seven shades out of it with 'Tall Boy' bombs as anything else had pretty much bounced off!

Sea France had a good system for securing bikes, though Adams still went over!

Next trip will be an epic 'wild camp' on the 'Peg, for now the K1100RS is for sale........
    AndrewD

1997 Aprilia Pegaso 650
    1994 BMW K1100RS
    1997 Triumph Tiger 900 For Sale
    1972 Beer Belly

www.gabfesters.co.uk

apriliaforum expert punisher_uk's Avatar
    man thats a long way for fish and chips

Nice one Andrew, good pics!!!

Elan Valley ride out Thursday 2nd July.

A good day for riding, warm and sunny. First stop, Bredwardine bridge over the river Wye.
    Name:  DSCF7476 elan 1.jpg
Views: 605
Size:  177.9 KB

Note my Sat- Nav, the same one I use in the car, stuck to the inside of the screen. the string is a safety device in case it falls off.
    Name:  DSCF7477 elan 2.jpg
Views: 571
Size:  157.7 KB

Nice photo of the Wye, calm and serene!

Name:  DSCF7479 elan 3.jpg
Views: 545
Size:  136.8 KB

For those down under, we have sheep farms up here as well!

Name:  DSCF7480 elan 4.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  129.3 KB

Name:  DSCF7481 elan 5.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  161.0 KB

These guys I met on route, they all came from Germany, all rode Triumphs,(No accounting for taste) and were on a tour of England and Wales. They had visited the Triumph factory at Hinkley, Leicestershire.

Name:  DSCF7483 elan 6.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  175.1 KB

This is what I was heading for. I wanted to see where our water was coming from. One of many large reservoirs.

Name:  DSCF7486 elan 7.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  200.3 KB

This is where the water flows if they have too much.

Name:  DSCF7488 elan 8.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  202.2 KB

This magnificent bridge didn't seem to lead any where, I had to turn around and come back.

Name:  DSCF7489 elan 9.jpg
Views: 530
Size:  131.0 KB

Tall avenue of pine trees, they looked magnificent in the sun light.

Name:  DSCF7490 elan 10.jpg
Views: 552
Size:  201.1 KB

All told a very nice ride, some 136 miles, no numb bum, and no dead fingers. Bike went well, which is a good job as I never take spanners with me.!!!

some beautiful country side i had forgotten how green your fair land was (still don't miss it ) :P

apriliaforum Junkie
    Well, I dont have any pics of the local shops, but my Peg does like to stretch his legs of a weekend (even if only for an hour) after the Mon to Fri work commute.

So here are some pics of a couple of local localities froom the last couple of weekends. The roads getting there are extremely civilised (down-right multi-laned at times) so didnt bother with any road pics.

A nearby lake - a popular swimming, fishing and picnic area in the summer - bit quiet at the moment, it is winter here down under for the next few months.

Name:  peg  lk can 1.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  40.0 KB

Name:  peg lk can 2.jpg
Views: 511
Size:  44.4 KB

The spillway below the wall (where the bike is parked) can get quite deep and fast after heavy rain. I've only ridden through it when its been no more than about 20 cm with fairly moderate flow - and two other bikes successfully went through it first !! Ok so I'm no trail blazer.....

Name:  peg lk can 3.jpg
Views: 519
Size:  43.0 KB
    Name:  peg lk can 5.jpg
Views: 522
Size:  38.0 KB
    Name:  peh lk can 4.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  39.6 KB

apriliaforum Junkie
    The second lot of pics are a nearby township that had a goldmining start to life - hence the riggs in background which are now fenced off and lit up at night for the tourists. Too cold at night to ride out and take night pics, - Ok so I am a woose - maybe next summer.

Name:  Photo0132.jpg
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  Photo0134.jpg
Size:  34.1 KB

Followed the road in the centre back ground for a while, it turned to dirt after a bit, then it got too cold - or I got too sooky - so come home again.
    Name:  Photo0133.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  27.1 KB

Have seen my bike do a small wheelie, though not with me on it. Will try and take piccy next time.

I have every confidence the Pegaso's will do the 'ton'. Had mine up to 145 km (just over 90 mph, bike had not quite 6000 km on it) accidently on the trip home after I bought it. Overtaking a car up hill - didnt realise till I looked down at the speedo.

apriliaforum Junkie
    P_uk - your comments on your headlights are interesting, as mine are brilliant, or maybe it was just all the dust was the problem.

I been thinking of getting some panniers for my beastie. Do the rack structures provide much protection for the exhaust and bike 'bum cheeks' if the bike goes over without the panniers?

What sort are your panniers ? - In know the H & B ones come in 30 and 40 litre sizes.

And some really great scenery you got there.

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki M View Post
    The second lot of pics are a nearby township that had a goldmining start to life - hence the riggs in background which are now fenced off and lit up at night for the tourists. Too cold at night to ride out and take night pics, - Ok so I am a woose - maybe next summer.

Name:  Photo0132.jpg
Size:  43.6 KB

Name:  Photo0134.jpg
Size:  34.1 KB

Followed the road in the centre back ground for a while, it turned to dirt after a bit, then it got too cold - or I got too sooky - so come home again.
    Name:  Photo0133.jpg
Views: 599
Size:  27.1 KB

Have seen my bike do a small wheelie, though not with me on it. Will try and take piccy next time.

I have every confidence the Pegaso's will do the 'ton'. Had mine up to 145 km (just over 90 mph, bike had not quite 6000 km on it) accidently on the trip home after I bought it. Overtaking a car up hill - didnt realise till I looked down at the speedo.
    Nice pics Vicki, I bet your winter is like our summer!

Quote Originally Posted by Vicki M View Post
    P_uk - your comments on your headlights are interesting, as mine are brilliant, or maybe it was just all the dust was the problem.

I been thinking of getting some panniers for my beastie. Do the rack structures provide much protection for the exhaust and bike 'bum cheeks' if the bike goes over without the panniers?

What sort are your panniers ? - In know the H & B ones come in 30 and 40 litre sizes.

And some really great scenery you got there.
    sorry headlight comment was and is the fact the head light aim is strait even when you turn corners and in the dark/dust was dangerous when turning tight twists on the dirt and gravel at night i really would have preferd to been able to c wher i was putting the front wheel instead i was lighting up the bushes
    i have two sets of panniers one soft throw over and one hard GIVI.
    yes i have fallen off with hard panniers and no panniers just bars, held up well and protected the rear of the bike

hard panniers befor crashes and scratches

Quote Originally Posted by punisher_uk View Post
    sorry headlight comment was and is the fact the head light aim is strait even when you turn corners and in the dark/dust was dangerous when turning tight twists on the dirt and gravel at night i really would have preferd to been able to c wher i was putting the front wheel instead i was lighting up the bushes
    I've added 2 lights to the forks held on with large 'Jubilee' or hose clamps, I'll try to take a pic, these will point where the front wheel is going while the HID head light point up the road.
    AndrewD

1997 Aprilia Pegaso 650
    1994 BMW K1100RS
    1972 Beer Belly

www.gabfesters.co.uk

Nice reports and photos everyone.

A2
    Last edited by Andrew2; 07-04-2009 at 04:05 PM.

Pensax ride out

Saturday 4th July, ride out to a pub North of Worcester at a place called Pensax. The Bell Inn. My son Gavin furthest away, with his newly aquired GPZ900R. Friend John with his Triple Triumph, and of coarse my old Peg.

Name:  DSCF7494 pensax 1.jpg
Views: 559
Size:  262.1 KB

Famous for it's exquisite ales and pie dishes

Just had to sample them both.

My son Gavin (without beard) and friend John.

Name:  DSCF7495 pensax 2.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  230.4 KB

Of coarse I had to get in on it.

Name:  DSCF7496 pensax 3.jpg
Views: 541
Size:  234.3 KB
    Name:  DSCF7497 pensax 4.jpg
Views: 621
Size:  261.2 KB

And with all those real ales on tap, choice was hard, we could only have one pint each.

Name:  DSCF7498 pensax 5.jpg
Views: 619
Size:  96.7 KB

Lunch over it was back home for a nice cuppa. 81 miles round trip.

real ale now theirs something i miss,a real pint like that is hard to find in portugal
    my mouth is dribbling just looking at it.
    and look tha sun is out man you was lucky to get that pic lol

I've added a thread about the extra lights
    AndrewD

1997 Aprilia Pegaso 650
    1994 BMW K1100RS
    1972 Beer Belly

www.gabfesters.co.uk

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast