Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Your Dream bimota

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojo92 View Post
    I have that set up now, a 1999 DB4 with the corse kit. Other than that kit, the motor is stock (as far as I know) and it was dynoed right at 80 horsepower. I have had 900/944 SS/SP's that were slightly to heavily modified and they didn't make much more power, so I will leave this one as is mechanically.

It is extremely light, very comfortable, and the sound is purely intoxicating. At a recent Hill Coutry ride, a friend took it up the road outside Vanderpool, and did a fly by. I freaking love that sound from the pipe. The bike has so many little features that are just cool to look at in my opinion. The ride is very confidence inspiring. It is not "scary" fast like the YB8 I used have was at times, but it is quick enough to put a solid grin on your face as you are riding.

Here's mine now.

Nice bike, Corse exhaust is totally unobtainable, that's too bad for my db4. I have to "cope" with a custom fitted Akra titanium can. Sounds nice too.

Nice billet rearsets too, what brand/type are they? because I'm looking for a set hat would fit my bike. PS: what's the serial nr of the bike? Mine's # 059
    Last edited by Don R.; 10-27-2010 at 07:22 AM.

That DB4 is very beautiful. It's interesting to see the talk about letting a friend ride the bike and then hearing the sound from the "outside". I did that with my 1999 Laverda 750 that had the track Termi's and I was dumbfounded at how it sounded from the sidewalk. I could NOT believe I made that sound EVERY time I left a stop. And I love the sound of 90 degree V's even better than that Lav.

DM
    #1 Forum Magic Missile Caster

"I rode a Griso at when I used to work for Aprilia City in Melbourne. Probably the nicest bike ever" - Cosaro

1972 Laverda SF 750
    2007 Moto Guzzi Griso 1100
    2003 Moto Guzzi California Titanium 1100 - for sale

This

Some people will tell you that slow is good Ė but Iím here to tell you that fast is better. Iíve always believed this, in spite of the trouble itís caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba.
    Do Not Be Offended By Anything I Post. I Generally Talk Out Of My Arse.

apriliaforum prov-nov TheotherPhil's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grahamcoxon View Post
    This

You're kidding, right?

I always thought that looked like it had been designed by a pissed 9 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by Don R. View Post
    Nice bike, Corse exhaust is totally unobtainable, that's too bad for my db4. I have to "cope" with a custom fitted Akra titanium can. Sounds nice too.

Nice billet rearsets too, what brand/type are they? because I'm looking for a set hat would fit my bike. PS: what's the serial nr of the bike? Mine's # 059
    Mine is #29. Not sure who made the rearsets, I bought the bike set up as is. It had DucShop (I think in GA?) stickers on it (now off), and has some obvious aftermarket stuff like a Lithium Motorsports clutch slave cylinder, and what appear to be CF clip ons (probably just looks like it). I imagine they might be a good place to look.

If I understand correctly, Sato made the Corse exhaust and maybe able to still do that. I say that because I had a slight cracking in the Ti on the can where the pipe met up and while at Laguna Seca for Moto GP races a couple years ago, I spoke with Dan Kyle about it, I want to say he mentioned that Sato made those and he could get it repaired. I ended up finding a local Ti welder that did a great job on the repair.

Your solution with an Akra sounds like it would be nice.

Staton
    Staton Shed
    CMRA #665
    Part of The Problem

Speaking of DB4's here is one on Fleabay with the reserve met at what I would consider "low".

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...1925&viewitem=
    Staton Shed
    CMRA #665
    Part of The Problem

The YB8 is finally getting a complete going through, valves adjusted, carbs rebuilt, etc. About time. Yes, the engine has been lowered from the frame enough to get the frigging valve covers off. Apparently, this inconvenience is referred to as "character" in Italy.

A mind is like a parachute: It doesn't work if it isn't open. FZ

When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right. Victor Hugo

So, the fear of death might be described as the fear of not being able to become whom one had planned to be. Pascal Mercier

apriliaforum expert RSVRFACTORY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RZRob View Post
    Anyone remember this one when Gobert attempted to relaunch his racing career while simultaneously getting 'launched' off the Bimota?

RZ Rob

Well he did win a WSBK race at Phillip Island on this bike......so I would take one.

here is an evolution of the 501 race bike ending with Gobert's 2000.

Name:  E-LVC_501.jpg
Views: 1023
Size:  190.2 KB

Name:  Gobert%20SB8K-R.jpg
Views: 1461
Size:  55.9 KB
    Quote Originally Posted by falco03 View Post
    anyone that'd do that to a falco oughtta have their nuts tacked to a stump and then pushed over backwards.

My carbon footprint is about 3% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough

apriliaforum Member
    Hi Staton, Tim aka flyinduc from mh, love the db4, we need to get togather, I'll bring my sb6r and meet for a burger and ride sometime

apriliaforum Junkie
    V-Due with a 225hp 2-stroke 750 V4.

apriliaforum expert
    An SB6R or Dieci would do me, but the original Tesi with the 851/904 engine is a dream bike.

I have a Yb10 (dieci) and the SB8R. Was bit a Bimota bug few years ago after test riding an SB6R. Unfortunately that bike was dropped by the seller and ruined the right carbon fairing. This minor event set me on a hunt for a Bimota. The Dieci was the first Bimota I bought. It is my favorite bike (out of 4 that I have). About a year ago, I came across an SB8R through a friend of mine. I was not planning to buy it, just to see one in person as they look ridiculously fantastic in the pictures. In the end, I could not resist the Medusa charm of the SB8R and ended up buying it. It is one of the best looking motorcycles and one that is an engineering marvel - the first road going bike (and as far as I know the only bike) to use carbon fiber components in the frame. Unfortunately, it is not exactly an every day bike. I am 5'10" and can't do too long of a distance on the SB8R. Meanwhile, I have covered over 150 miles per day in the combination of canyons/freeway/street without much trouble.

My dream bike would be Tesi 1, Tesi 2 and Tesi 3. Also would love to have DB5R, DB7 and DB11 with supercharged Ducati engine

I love my 2006 SantaMonica SB8K. I have no problems covering 200-300 miles a day. It's a beautiful machine. Always a conversation starter

MotoWorld Online <---- Click

2003 Aprilia SL Falco 1000R De-restricted

2015 Suzuki GSXR750 Track only

2010 Husaberg FE390

2008 BMW HP2 Sport

2006 Bimota SB8K Santamonica

2005 Benelli Tornado Tre

2004 Moto Guzzi V11 Coppa Italia

1997 Bimota YB11

2004 Moto Guzzi Ballabio converted to LeMans * M4 CF Exhaust * Convertibars - Sold

Vlad, how many bikes you have?!!

Quote Originally Posted by redman412 View Post
    Vlad, how many bikes you have?!!
    Hey, Tony. all the ones you see in my signature plus my daughter's KLX140, which I need to sell

MotoWorld Online <---- Click

2003 Aprilia SL Falco 1000R De-restricted

2015 Suzuki GSXR750 Track only

2010 Husaberg FE390

2008 BMW HP2 Sport

2006 Bimota SB8K Santamonica

2005 Benelli Tornado Tre

2004 Moto Guzzi V11 Coppa Italia

1997 Bimota YB11

2004 Moto Guzzi Ballabio converted to LeMans * M4 CF Exhaust * Convertibars - Sold

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast