Thread: only running on one cylinder

apriliaforum Member

only running on one cylinder

not entire sure what happened. fine one day. not the next. i know i have one coil on the way on out.

i can't tell which cylinder isn't firing or why it isn't.

this is a tuneboy sensor readout.

could some give me some tests i could perform to try and figure out what's going on?

tia

apriliaforum Member
    also i have a set of cbr coils i plan on swapping to, but haven't gotten there yet.

apriliaforum Member
    update. it's the rear cyclinder. just pulled the plugs after a firing it up a couple times. rear ones are soaked in unburnt fuel

Looking at the dwell times in tuneboy it should be coil nr.3
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC 320mm brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch.
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler

apriliaforum Member
    coil 3 is a forward coil according to http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/s...90&postcount=4

apriliaforum Member
    problem found.. bad coil and bad plug wire...

so it was not coil three?

Check the dwell time again after replacement if no. 3 is now in line with the others.
    Perhaps there is a bug in Tuneboy for coil numbering.
    2001 RST Futura in stream Silver.
    Mods: Modified Öhlins fork from mille R, EBC 320mm brake discs, HEL front brakelines, Carbon RS 250 front fender, Wiring mod for charging. Engine related:05 map, Iridium plugs, tuneboy, derestriced intake, old mille airboot, staintunes exhaust. Lambda bung hardbrazed in the "breadbox". Öhlins mille R rear shock with 110N/mm spring and the integrated hydraulic preload adjuster. LED Voltmeter installed inside the dash for monitoring charging. Duc 999 radial m/c for brake and clutch.
    NWS hugger. Equipment: Famsa tankbag,
    CBR 600 -07 MOSFET R&R FH008EE providing stable 14.4 - 14.5 V (with my wiring mod). Daytona heated grips with mccoi pwm controller and automatic chain oiler