Thread: Did I screw up on tire purchase? amauri??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Did I screw up on tire purchase? amauri??

I bought them online quick and really should have read the description better.
    I loved the stock RSV Factory Pirelli supercorsa pro tires and have always been a pirelli fan. These are/were intended to be on my street bike. I don't really care about milage as long as there not going to take forever to heat up on the street or should I save one or both for trackdays. Its the Pro/dot and the SC2 description I am concerned about. Also is the dragon/ Diablo just a tread differance? Thanks I won't be so hasty again

I understand the SC1, SC2, SC3 codes but what is a stock RSVR Factory supercorsa pro rated?

Front Pirelli Diablo supercorsa DOT Race front "Sc2" 120-70-17
    Rear Pirelli Dragon Supercorsa PRO Race Rear "SC2" 190-55-17

I also saw this on a web site. I hope this aprilia rider lived.

http://www.crashedtoys.com/index.php...=2555238&num=1
    Last edited by ohiomike; 02-17-2009 at 02:20 PM.

http://www.pirellityre.com/web/catal...hicleType=MOTO

looking at pirelli site they are a bit more street bais, sc2 is the compound sc1 = soft, sc2 = medium, sc3 = hard

i herd the sc-2 compond is the one they use on a corsa 3 front being a sigle compound I have on the front of my bike now
    Ray

apriliaforum Junkie Highway9Rider's Avatar
    my last tire was a corsa III and i couldnt imagine going stickier racier on the street ever. The III was crazyglue sticky in corners and on the track full lean dragging puck on my first track day confident.

sure if you are going to race on track against others you might want to bump up to what you purchased but thats all id think you would need that for.

corsa III was the bomb. i am considering going with bridgestone BT002rs now as they are 100 bucks cheaper and supposedly same performance.

I had the Corsa 3 on my tuono and they were great but on my RSV Factory The stock Supercorsa pro made feel much safer and probably a better rider on the street in that bumpy unfamiliar blind corner. It could have been the ohlins to I guess. I read that Pirelli site and it looks like these have been made for the street which was my concern. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiomike View Post
    I had the Corsa 3 on my tuono and they were great but on my RSV Factory The stock Supercorsa pro made feel much safer and probably a better rider on the street in that bumpy unfamiliar blind corner. It could have been the ohlins to I guess. I read that Pirelli site and it looks like these have been made for the street which was my concern. Thanks.
    The more sticky, the more sudden to loose grip and often no way back!

I used Michelin Pilot Race (not sold over desk) and they were quite dangerous before heated upp propperly for10-15min. (pending use) The surface is like plastic before heated up...

For the road in general I will use road quality e.g Michelin Pilot Road or Bridgestone BT16/20. They don't need heat to have a good grip for normal use

Has even used these on track days. Not so sticky but you feel not that sudden when you start to loose grip out of turns (rear) and you can make corrective actions...

Bottom line: experience your self!

mcjongs

mcjongs

apriliaforum expert aprsv2007fl's Avatar
    Shoulda got Pirelli Rosso's or Bridgestone BT-016's....
    Tampa Managed Services | Tampa Computer Support | Tampa IT company | Tampa SEO
    "Some have said the Bush administration has not adequately pressed Musharraf in the search for Bin Laden, but intelligence experts counter that it can be quite difficult to spot a 6' 5" elderly millionaire undergoing regular dialysis in a rural area."

07 RSV-R
    Mods
    Leo Vince, Gen III Highmounts
    Axone Map-2
    520 Gold Chain 16/44
    Pazzo Racing Levers
    Carbon Hugger

Rosso's suck my buddy had them on his busa and I kept losing traction. They just spun sometimes which sucks when shifting at high rpm. It was cold but still that sucks and scared the piss out of me a couple times.