Page 549 of 554 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549550551 ... LastLast
Results 8,221 to 8,235 of 8306

Thread: Craigslist/eBay Bikes of note!

Quote Originally Posted by CRMNL View Post
    as a collector, you will find fortune by finding those guys that stashed away and didn't ride their bikes. the very same thing that makes us scratch our heads as riders.
    yup, that's the target market, adding in the don't know what it's worth but want it to go to someone who will appreciate it factor.

it's refreshing to be able to honestly tell a guy who's had a 1-of-147 ZX7R on display in his living room for most of the past decade that his pride & joy will be treasured rather than abused.

yes. good market. some folks will only sell to you if you're going to cherish/restore/not sell their baby. vetting you since the first phone call.
    "death from misadventure"

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I知 gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

apriliaforum expert
    Once you own it, it's yours. The only thing that needs vetting is the money changing hands and what you're getting in return.

that's one way of looking at it. but i have done several deals where no money was changing hands until seller had done enough prodding and questions related to how i was going to deal with their over personalized item. if i had been a jackoff and walked in talking about changing, modifying, reselling, etc, i would have been shown the door immediately. i usually end up in these scenarios as there is something really clean/lo mile/ unmolested to acquire. the kind of vehicles that get my attention. the only that way once sort of ethos.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

I am gunna put it out there and say that mm will win two more titles with Honda to equal the hated ones record. Then jump ship to another bike. I知 gunna say Suzuki or Ducati. Yuall heard it here first.

ape66

So what were a few of them, pray tell?

Face reality, or perish, I guess.
    - IndelibleInk

if i had been a jackoff and walked in talking about changing, modifying, reselling, etc, i would have been shown the door immediately.
    I did not sell a car to a douche once for a similar reason you describe. In '95 I had for sale a '67 435hp corvette roadster that was correct in nearly every way. One of the buyers who had the means was a guy who worked for Honda in Portland. We go for a test drive and all he did was shit talk chevrolet, corvettes and american cars in general which is fine; his prerogative, there were some terrible cars made. We get back to the house and he says he'll take it, offers me full price. I told him nah, not for sale. He asked why, I told him he wouldn't be happy with it being the piece of shit it was. Dude was pissed. I sold it the next day for all the money to a collector who wanted a driver. Done.
    Current:
    2016 Tuono V4 1100 Factory-Tessa

Sold:
    2008 Tuono Factory w/arrow, mapII- Tosca
    2003 RSV-R spec Mille- Skelly
    2001 TL1000R:racetech, bitubo, marchesini- Widow Maker
    TRE45ON

apriliaforum expert
    Well sure, no need to explain what you will do with it before you actually buy it or ever for that matter. Go along with the program but I'm not going to ever buy a bike and then become beholden to some desire of the PO, after all, they are selling it and not gifting it to me.

A nice smile, talk about the appreciation of the bike and its history but just not ge into the heirloom thing unless they are paying me to take care of it.

It's business. It's also why I don't care to buy bikes from people I know, no strings. They get money I get bike. We can remain friendly, maybe make a new friend but have some burden of not doing what I want with it? No way.

To keep it relevant:

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy...930861465.html

Someone selling future hopeful value for real money now.
    Last edited by CapoEVT; 07-16-2019 at 12:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDaddy View Post
    So what were a few of them, pray tell?
    there have been others over the years, but most recent were both my benzes. both nearly perfect, one super low miles and unreal condition. couple bikes, an old 65 ford pickup i got from an old farmer who got tons of offers, but would never sell to anyone.....there have been others.

edit. my 91 crown vic ltd is not really the same; didn't get it from some resistant seller, it just sat there for sale so long and was in such nice shape, i had to. thinking about selling, as it has just sat since i bought it and detailed it, but thats the typical deal.
    Last edited by CRMNL; 07-16-2019 at 04:59 PM.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

ape66

What vintage were the MBs?

I dabbled in the pontons and fins. But I never had to take a lie detector test prior to purchase.

Face reality, or perish, I guess.
    - IndelibleInk

Quote Originally Posted by SoulDaddy View Post
    What vintage were the MBs?

I dabbled in the pontons and fins. But I never had to take a lie detector test prior to purchase.
    not super old. 88 300sel (which i posted in weirdo thread) which was super nice, and a 94 e320 which was very nice as well. extremely well taken care of cars. really did love the e class for a more modern car, but it boggled my mind as to how little headroom it had. just couldn't take it. traded it for a tahoe i still have. something everyone should own.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

ape66

Intercepted this relic over the weekend up by Milwaukee.

Seen here watching over his younger brother.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5882.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	384885  

Used to be sunny Durham, now dull and rainy Midlands, England
    Quote Originally Posted by matty-matt View Post
    Intercepted this relic over the weekend up by Milwaukee.

Seen here watching over his younger brother.
    That looks a beaut !!! Lucky man Matt.
    Cheers,

"I am a selfish, self-righteous tosser", a "fucking loser" and now an "absolute fucking idiot"

Me - '03 RSV Mille, '89 FJ 1200 x 2, & '75 TL 125 & Schweizer S300 CBi Helicopter
    Wife - '01 FZ1 (Fazer 1000), '86 VF 750 Interceptor and '07 CRF 230F
    Kids - '03 Fazer 600, GY 125 and CRF 100 off roaders, '10 Reiju RS2 50 Matrix Pro

yes. very nice. where is the cherry v65?

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

ape66

yes. very nice. where is the cherry v65?
    been looking for yours but nothing dynamite yet.....

honestly, at this point, finding a nice one is difficult. i found two in the past five years. one was way too much, the other disappeared before i got to the guys house.

/ˌʌɪəˈtɒlə/

ape66

Page 549 of 554 FirstFirst ... 49449499539547548549550551 ... LastLast