Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sportcity suspension upgrades?

apriliaforum newb
    I'm aware about past time from last post here
    Fully agree with above but... ;-)
    ...decided to spent some amount and effort to make SC250ie much better. Truth is that I could buy much better bike for spent money but this wasn't my goal. Main modification:
    I swap engine (actually rear end) with Bev350ie engine and get 33hp instead stock 22hp. Put Polini hi-speed variator for better delivery of power to rear wheel. Put Puig sport visor for comfort and better aerodinamic. Put 300grams handlebar weight from Bev300.
    ...and next is fixing front fork performance. After taking fork apart and measure I found that Racetech gold valve fork emulator FEGV S3501 would fit. Additional 6 holes for high speed compression would be added to damping rod, oil with more weight and new harder springs.
    As I said I'm aware it's now "slightly illegal", "little bit" expensive and that's many my working hours and effort spent but now is helly fun to ride it in city traffic and shorter trips;-))

apriliaforum newb
    balki, can you post some pictures of that Puig visor? pls

apriliaforum expert
    Many of us use the Puig OF6025H Sport Fairing which can give you quite a large performance boost when its adjusted properly. Too many try to set it up like a Windshield which it is not as it is a Sport Fairing which should be raked back at an angle and should be below eye level.

Here is a picture of mine before I got it finally adjusted about an inch lower so the bottom edge is now below the silver handle bar cover:

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by rickey View Post
    balki, can you post some pictures of that Puig visor? pls

apriliaforum expert
    However that is not the Puig OF6025H for the Sport City which is contoured so it installs in a more swept back fashion and is cutaway a bit differently on the sides to better divert air over and around you. One may find that the larger flatter one pictured above may offer more wind resistance and reduce the performance of the bike especially at higher speeds. When I installed the OF6025H it made my Sport City 250 a pleasure to ride on the Interstate since I was now able to keep up with the flow of traffic where the posted speed limit is 75 MPH (the actual flow of traffic is closer to 85 MPH) with little other mods to the bike except for an additional spacer on the stock variators boss and Dr Pulley Sliders.

This is what a Puig OF6025H for the Sport City looks like and its available from our forums sponsor and on Amazon:

apriliaforum Junkie
    jesus... rocky still going on about his stupid screen? 2 words... FRONTAL AREA dummay.
    buys windscreen over better shocks... yeah be cautious of his silly reco's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123