Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aprilia Mana X (new model)

apriliaforum Junkie groovymaster's Avatar

Aprilia Mana X (new model)

Aprilia Mana X

08-Milan-Show-Aprilia-Mana-X

I love it.
    Three questions: does it have the ECVT, what is the weight, and how high is the seat?

wierd but interesting

apriliaforum expert Dragster pilota's Avatar
    grovymaster in da house:
    Three questions: does it have the ECVT, what is the weight, and how high is the seat?

#1 Looks like the same motor as the Mana so YES
    #2 With those wheels & rims, huge swingarm I would guess, verry heavy
    #3 By the look of it, depends on where you sit, it goes from high to low to high....

I just LOVE it and that they finally moved the rear brake to the left side of the bars is something I would do if I owned a stock Mana. The Hot Rod/Dirt Track style is coming hard, BMW Lo Rider is one of my favorites at the Milano Show this year and this sucker, Gilera GP 800 Corsa, Gilera always has to put a "Cup" togheter with Malossi, first it was the Zip then the Runner, the last couple of years it has been the T-Max Malossi Cup and now I guess they will run this sucker, that's great since it means that Malossi will produce a bunch of tuning parts for the GP 800 / Mana, GO for it....

DP says: The Mana X is coool.....

I am under the impression this is a styling exercise rather than a serious attempt at a new model. But it's certainly different.

Ex-owner: 2007 Shiver, Aprilia screen, Tuono forks and Brembos, Hyperpro Springs F&R, 46T rear sprocket (supersprox), DNA Filter, Akrapovics, Gold wheels, Michelin Pilot Road IIs

Georgeous - WAAAAANNT!

apriliaforum Junkie SilverFoxUno's Avatar
    And Dr. Frankenstein shouts "IT'S ALIVE!!!"

Styling excercise?? Where's the style?

OK, it's kinda cool...but look at the distance between the front fender and the light...light...light thingy - not nearly enough travel for off road. The back end also looks like it lacks sufficient travel. Still, it has a certain presence...and your right leg will never get cold.
    Last edited by SilverFoxUno; 11-05-2008 at 02:59 PM.
    Jim
    "That's not flying...that's falling with style!"

2008 NA850 Mana
    2003 VFR800 Intercepter

apriliaforum prov-nov

I suspect...

...that it's the unfortunate love-child of a Mana and Honda Ruckus.

LOL - Thanks alot, zuman...now I can't get that image out of my head...unfortunate for the Mana...the Ruckus got lucky...was the Mana drunk?
    Jim

2008 NA850 Mana
    2003 VFR800 Intercepter

Quote Originally Posted by Dragster pilota View Post

I just LOVE it and that they finally moved the rear brake to the left side of the bars...
    The Mana X is coool.

Well, move it back. The rear brake on a motorcycle must be right-foot (not left-hand like a scooter) to meet USA-DOT rules. Let me be perfectly clear on the Mana X; I would buy this bike. As in, if it were available for order or purchase I would write a check to my local Aprilia dealer right now.

apriliaforum Member
    I had already seen one of these pics and past it quicly because I don't like it. But didn't even seen it was based on the Mana...

ps: for the GP800
    there is beeeeeeeeeeetttttttter pictures:

hmmmm what a nice, a beautiful, a superbe................ scooter

So does it come out before or after the ABS version, or the 1200?

apriliaforum expert Dragster pilota's Avatar
    groovymaster in da house:
    The rear brake on a motorcycle must be right-foot (not left-hand like a scooter) to meet USA-DOT rules

Is that soo???? I did not know that and I have spent a bunch of years in So Cal not ever knowing that but on the other hand at that time there were not that many maxiscooters around, what makes a Maxiscooter not a Motorcycle, what are the differences?????

I still would fit a Shiver clutch pump and run a stainless to the rear brake if I decided to buy a Mana, on my LTO Project that's based on a speedway bike I have fitted a ISR rear sprocket brake (since speedway bikes don't have any brakes) that I controll with a ISR brake pump on the right side of the bars (no front brake), this is more of a form before function decision....

ritchj in da house:
    So does it come out before or after the ABS version, or the 1200?

As far as I have heard both the Mana ABS & GT are ready to start roll off the production lines in Noale around X-mas, there's never been a Mana 1200 in the future, it's the Shiver/Dorsoduro that might get a 1200 although not a sight of it at Milano, I really don't think the X will ever reach production, mabye if the BMW LoRider becomes a hit there might be something like the X but I would guess it would be designed by Roland Sands or someone like it and focus would be the US markets with it. I just have to show you all the BMW LoRider incase someone have missed it....

DP says: That GP 800 Corsa is sooo HOT Öhlins & Brembo is the sh*t......

Quote Originally Posted by Dragster pilota View Post

Is that soo????

New NHTSA-DOT rule from a few years ago. They were concerned that your average knuckle-dragging "biker" would get confused if the location of the rear-brake was different than a standard motorcycle with a clutch lever. Thus, all motorcycles sold in the USA must have the right-foot/rear-brake & right-hand/front-brake arrangement. They permitted scooters without a clutch to have the left-hand/rear-brake arrangement. Of course, this required that they define "scooter-type motorcycle" which they did as having: [1] area in front of the seat lower than the seat itself [2] integrated floorboards. Thus, the Gilera GP800 is a scooter and the Mana 850 is a motorcycle. This is a USA regulation and not applicable to the EU/UK.

God bless the DOT...'cause no one else will <GRIN>
    Jim

2008 NA850 Mana
    2003 VFR800 Intercepter

The Mana X and the BMW bikes are cool looking. Not as nice as the regular Mana though. Sorry, but that Gilera GP 800 is fugly. Way too much plastic for my taste.
    2013 Triumph Bonneville SE
    2012 Triumph Tiger 800
    2002 Moto Guzzi V11 Le Mans
    1999 Honda XR70r

--

Quote Originally Posted by fwagman View Post
    Use your bum hole as a guide ....... if it's tightening, you are getting out of your comfort zone so back off.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete roper View Post
    I fart in the face of his 'Double Overhead Cam'!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast