Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Finally--a fuel pump recall

Not the '04s. Just the '06s...maybe '05s, but not sure about that. Definitely NOT the 2004 model year, though.
    Shfls... 2004 S-500, red/black #0131

If you can't change the people around you, change the people around you.

Time is finite...OK, time is infinite, but yours isn't!

If you seat latch will not open!!!

Not recall info but needs to be posted for all those who may need the info!

Remove the front fairing and gain access to the back side of the ignition switch. Push the cable to the left until it slides out from where it seats. Then you can pull the end of the inner steel cable, kind of like a bicycle brake. It should be the bottom one. Put the cable back in place and test the latch by engaging it with a screwdriver or something similar. Once you are satisfied, reassemble. The top one is for the top box. I think the top box one can be adjusted; I am not sure about the saddle release one. Although it looks like it has a cable midpoint joint. The same applies to the top box, if it doesn’t want to open right away. I have the habit of keeping the hex wrench in one of the panniers just in case mine goes crazy

For the ancient Egyptians, a
    sacred creature and
    good luck charm, so the Scarabeo
    is also “sacred”

apriliaforum expert
    It seems now Ive taken a bunch of Small EFI engines 125-650 cc and ve noticed that most mfg do not follow protocols for pressurized fuel systems really dumb ..Id say If yous buy an EFI bike before 07 any make Id at least scope the tank lookin for clear hose n no clamps etc make sure thats outta way from day 1..could be a tool to get bucks off purchase

apriliaforum expert
    Hey ,do you think my fuel leak on my 2007 500 ie could be from that damn hose? I'll know when i get all the plastic off .since i got it used with 1800 miles on it i guess it's not under the recall for me? . Hell i don't want anyone except me working on it anyway .when it's done by me at least i don't have to worry about it afterwards . Got a question ,what is the hose part number ? And what hose clamps would you use ,not much pressure there anyway ,right? Thanks .george

Sounds like it. As for the part specs, you can look them up in the IPB on the shopping part of this site. Just remember to use automotive grade fuel line and clamps.
    -=[ Bill ]=-
    04 Silver S500 (GT now) #0278
    I brake for morons

apriliaforum expert
    Fuel Pump recall we installed a Toyoda Efi pump years ago plug n play Twill be 100's of thousands of miles fore its looked at again especially with the Bleed off feature just a constant loop .Doesnt load the Pumps vanes as bad as other designs..

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234