Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FOUND....two basket cases (RGV/NSR), saved from the ebay parts list.

My J206 case and crank showed up this week, and look pretty good. I will open it up this weekend and check out the bearings, the ends on the crank look new. I have a trans I was saving for my Aprilia, but I might use it for this and get an extra one for spares later. Still need a shift shaft either way, as the J205 has a smaller shaft (different part numbers).

Looks like it might be a keeper after all.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Copy of DSC04058.JPG 
Views:	724 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	97578  

One more engine for the collection. I think I have enough now, to start pulling the RGV completely apart. The question is restore to as new, or update with 05/08 GSXR parts.........??????
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Do something cool like this. As long as you keep it two stroke.

A guy in town here has 4/5 H1 and H2 Kawasaki's he is always working on. I don't think he has ever seen one in such a new frame like this. I will keep the RGV a two stroke, frame and engine together. Restoring this to as new will probably cost more than upgrading/modernizing the suspension/brakes to newer GSXR1000 parts, as the RGV has no common parts to any Suzuki sold here in the states. If I did an engine swap, I would swap a RG500 into my RGV frame..............$$$$$$$$$

Yeah the RG engine into the RGV sounds like one of the more difficult puzzles I've heard of in terms of fitment and finding project $$$. This was taken from the wikipedia page on the RGV250... this is true??

The only 250cc production motorcycle which exceeds its straight line acceleration figures is the Aprilia RS250, which uses a modified RGV250 VJ22(90 2-Stroke V-Twin).

Aprilia bought engines from Suzuki (which were fitted with Aprilia branded castings on the timing and clutch covers), then fit their own expansion chambers, barrels and ECU. There were also external differences in the cylinder head castings, but no internal differences have been noted.

Production of the Aprilia RS250 is thought to have ceased in 2003, with end of engine production by Suzuki.
    Wow that's pretty interesting, almost shocking. I didn't know that. Here is the info on that ZX-7 + H2 engine project. I'll be following his progress. Nice guy. Hopefully I'll have an Aprilia 2 stroke (Tuono street style + H1 500 triple) to ride with him next year. That's my own project. I've been gathering chassis parts and I'll be picking up my engine I have up north very soon. Air cooled engines might not have the longevity or performance but they are easy to shoe horn into something modern. Keepin those 2strokes alive!

apriliaforum prov-nov ninjazx-7RR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by busa1300 View Post
    A guy in town here has 4/5 H1 and H2 Kawasaki's he is always working on. I don't think he has ever seen one in such a new frame like this. I will keep the RGV a two stroke, frame and engine together. Restoring this to as new will probably cost more than upgrading/modernizing the suspension/brakes to newer GSXR1000 parts, as the RGV has no common parts to any Suzuki sold here in the states. If I did an engine swap, I would swap a RG500 into my RGV frame..............$$$$$$$$$
    Drop me a line.. I'm having a stem made to use K8 750 triples.
    Might be cheaper if I have him make a couple more.
    John
    Ducati 848
    Suzuki Rgv-R 250GP
    Ducati 996S
    Honda RVF NC35
    NESBA #324 (I)
    Everyone Else (A/Ex)

Now in europe....getting to fat to ride

Quote Originally Posted by ninjazx-7RR View Post
    Drop me a line.. I'm having a stem made to use K8 750 triples.
    Might be cheaper if I have him make a couple more.
    If you are using the K8 front wheel with those forks, what wheel are you using to match for the rear? The K8 rear is too wide for the stock swing arm from what I have seen. I thought about using a K5/K6 GSXR rear swing arm because it has a similar cut out for the exhaust, but not sure of the width at the swing arm pivot, or bearing size. A JMC swing arm (from the UK) is more than I want to spend right now (but it would bolt right in I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by busa1300 View Post
    If you are using the K8 front wheel with those forks, what wheel are you using to match for the rear? The K8 rear is too wide for the stock swing arm from what I have seen. I thought about using a K5/K6 GSXR rear swing arm because it has a similar cut out for the exhaust, but not sure of the width at the swing arm pivot, or bearing size. A JMC swing arm (from the UK) is more than I want to spend right now (but it would bolt right in I believe).
    I'm going to use a NC35 front wheel and a Rs250 rear wheel... keeps the size right.
    John
    Ducati 848
    Suzuki Rgv-R 250GP
    Ducati 996S
    Honda RVF NC35
    NESBA #324 (I)
    Everyone Else (A/Ex)

Quote Originally Posted by Smitherz View Post
    Yeah the RG engine into the RGV sounds like one of the more difficult puzzles I've heard of in terms of fitment and finding project $$$. This was taken from the wikipedia page on the RGV250... this is true??

Wow that's pretty interesting, almost shocking. I didn't know that. Here is the info on that ZX-7 + H2 engine project. I'll be following his progress. Nice guy. Hopefully I'll have an Aprilia 2 stroke (Tuono street style + H1 500 triple) to ride with him next year. That's my own project. I've been gathering chassis parts and I'll be picking up my engine I have up north very soon. Air cooled engines might not have the longevity or performance but they are easy to shoe horn into something modern. Keepin those 2strokes alive!
    This is what you should put your motor in, this should drop a true two stroker to his knees. Not the most modern, but too cool for sure. No, it's not mine, but I wish it was.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by busa1300; 12-21-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Only problem is that we want to ride our two strokes! Can't ride that masterpiece on the road or else I would be open to something like that.

apriliaforum newb
    so what ever happened with these projects ???? did ya sell them ? are you selling them ?

Quote Originally Posted by qkenuf4u View Post
    so what ever happened with these projects ???? did ya sell them ? are you selling them ?
    Whats your location? I have some projects for ya
    John
    Ducati 848
    Suzuki Rgv-R 250GP
    Ducati 996S
    Honda RVF NC35
    NESBA #324 (I)
    Everyone Else (A/Ex)

I'm still looking for a complete VJ21 engine.... just had to throw it out with all this project talk

Project talk makes me all warm & fuzzy.
    Richard
    Aprilia RS250 MKII Race, Street & Cup
    AMA #3 XR1200 | WSMC #800 | WERA #800
    '15 KTM RC390 racebike
    '09 Aprilia RS125
    '85 Yamaha RZ500
    '84 Yamaha RZ350 Kenny Roberts
    '88 Suzuki RGV250 Pepsi Schwantz
    '92 Honda NSR250SP Kocinski
    '92 Yamaha TZR250RS
    '84 Honda NS400R Rothmans
    '92 Honda RS125
    '92, '94, '98, '00 Yamaha TZ250s
    '99 Honda RS250R
    '72 Yamaha TA125
    '75 Suzuki GT500
    '76 Suzuki GT750
    Bunch of Ducatis & 80's litre bikes

apriliaforum expert grendels_arm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by motion View Post
    I'm still looking for a complete VJ21 engine.... just had to throw it out with all this project talk

Project talk makes me all warm & fuzzy.

Project talk makes me all scared.
    Sam

USGPRU #98
    1998 Honda RS125
    1998 Aprilia RS250 Cup bike

getting back on track

After a long delay with divorce, moving, economy and job.......I'm going through another winter hoping to have this bike ready to ride when the snow finally stops...........
    .....I am still trying to find a good part on this bike, talk about beat to death......
    There might be a couple more 90 degree two strokes in the garage next month if the deal goes through....

Projects.......can't live with out them it seems
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1464.JPG 
Views:	257 
Size:	159.4 KB 
ID:	155734  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1469.jpg 
Views:	291 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	155735  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1473.JPG 
Views:	235