Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Definitive "What Shock Fits" Thread for Falcos

apriliaforum Member Furygan Man's Avatar
    Yeah...didn't pick up on that did i?? Sorry for insulting you, but appreciate the info will ask around and hopefully get this sorted soon

apriliaforum Member
    I just can't stand this Brit on Brit violence...

apriliaforum expert Aladinsaneuk's Avatar
    wait till the maccams and geordies get together....
    www.ridersite.com - UK home of the Falco Community

witty banter and sarcasm available for all....

apriliaforum Member Furygan Man's Avatar
    Wye eye, be rite site tha'll be...toon army!!

anybody have an early Mille shock they don't need?

apriliaforum prov-nov
    i have a question regarding the linkage/dogbone unit of an 03 RSV fitting my 02 model, from the chart on the first page it's different but they use the same shock....would it be a bad idea, in that it will throw off the handling of the bike!? As i am in need of a replacement linkage/dogbone unit, if anyone has one!

Cheers,
    Owen

edit: read more of the first post and got my answer there ;-p
    Last edited by sned76; 07-14-2010 at 11:24 AM.
    AKA :-

Osiris on RSVzone.com / RSVR.net
    sned76 on apriliaforum.com

apriliaforum newb
    so....which rear shock will fit an 04 Falco (upgrade from Sachs please)

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyoldman View Post
    so....which rear shock will fit an 04 Falco (upgrade from Sachs please)
    I'd refer you to the very first post on the first page of this thread...

Basically any shock (Sachs or Ohlins) from a 1998 - 2003 RSV or a 2002 - 2005 Tuono, with the appropriate linkages. Very early RSV Mille (1998 - 2000) Sachs shocks will use the Falco linkage, all others need the matching RSV/Tuono linkages. Don't even think about using 2004 onwards RSV or 2006 onwards Tuono shocks/linkages.

And the Sachs shocks fitted to the RSV is far superior to the rubbish item fitted to the Falco.

But the first post explains everything in much greater detail...

Ok, still confused but looking for confirmation.... will a '01 Mille RSV1000R Ohlins fit my Falco with the '05 Tuono R swingarm and dogbone/linkage?

apriliaforum expert go_modem_go's Avatar
    Yes!

If it's a European model 2001.

The US always got models late, so a USA 2001 might still be 2000 EU (with Falco dogbone)- To be checked with spring rating numbers (95Nm spring needs said 2005 Tuono linkage, ~140Nm spring needs Falco linkage)

Now you're just making it up as you go along, aren't you?

So, to be perfectly clear (as mud...), as long as I have a '01 Mille Ohlins (spring rate unknown at this time), a '05 Tuono swingarm, and both the Falco and Tuono linkage/bones, I can make it work with some combination of those parts, correct? My main concern is the '01 Mille Ohlins and not needing to look for a different shock instead, like a '03...

To be sure you are sure, yes, what you have said will work. The spring rate, if it's an Ohlins spring, will have something with a /95 or /100 or /105 stamped on it with the ohlins label somewhere.

If you have an 01 Ohlins shock for an RSV and you have both a set of Falco linkages and a set from an 05 Tuono that came with the swingarm, then yes you will make it work with the various parts you have at hand.

Hoh, Hum, another shitty day in paradise!

Alrighty! Thanks guys!

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Guys, I need some help!

I want to do a shock and swingarm swap for this summer. I've got a swinger, but I'm looking for a shock now. I found a WP modified rsv 01 -03 shock.
    I've been searching several forums but I can't find anthing about this shock fitting a Falco with mille swingarm. With appropriate linkage it should ,but I'm worried about the reservoir. Is it possible WP installed a bigger reservoir?

Thnx!

Quote Originally Posted by VW Falco View Post
    Guys, I need some help!

I want to do a shock and swingarm swap for this summer. I've got a swinger, but I'm looking for a shock now. I found a WP modified rsv 01 -03 shock.
    I've been searching several forums but I can't find anthing about this shock fitting a Falco with mille swingarm. With appropriate linkage it should ,but I'm worried about the reservoir. Is it possible WP installed a bigger reservoir?

Thnx!
    The only time the Reservoir has been a concern is when putting a Falco designed shock on a RSV. If the shock was designed for the RSV it should be fine with the RSV arm, regardless if it is on a Falco or RSV.

I can't say 100% that it would fit, but that's how it has worked with Ohlins & such so far. Personally I would be confident enough to buy the WP shock.
    '03 Falco Bought New on 4/6/07:
    Custom paint, Powder Coated RSV Swing arm, RSV Shock, Anodized Rear Sets, Ti Hardware, Anodized (Blue) Fork Caps, SL Carbon Cans, SL Carbon Chip, Custom Airbox w/ K&N Filter, Evo Clutch Slave Cyl., CF Front Sprocket Cover, Rear Hugger, & Chain Guard, GP Shifter, Tuono Rear Brake Master Cly., Evo Clutch Slave Cly., Evo Fender Eliminator, RSVR Mirrors (custom mounts), Custom Blue Dash, HID Headlight, Smoked Tail Light Lens, Integrated Turn Signals into Taillight, LEDs in Headlight & Taillight, LEDs Thru-out, SuperSprox +2 Rear Sprocket, Ariete Grips... (i'm sure there is more)

Bill

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast