Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: The Definitive "What Shock Fits" Thread for Falcos

I started recreating it this afternoon using a copy of Microsoft Works on a Windows XP eMachine.

It looks good enough spreadsheet wise, but MS Works is like MS Paint in the color dept.
    I don't care about my apathy.

apriliaforum newb
    Would be awesome if an admin could copy/paste the image WadeS02 uploaded back on to the first post in this thread.

Wade is The Man!

Very deserving of an AF1 t-shirt for all the forum info housekeeping he does.

I've done a lot of searching, but I'm having trouble confirming this... I have an RSV Mille Sachs shock in my Falco currently, with the standard Falco linkage plates and dog bone. I'm interested in upgrading to the AP8705020 shock (supposedly came on the early RSV Mille, with a horizontal reservoir)... Well it be a direct fit and keep the same factory Falco linkage plates and dog bone? And, will it not foul on the underside of the tray in the sub frame?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Last edited by javamac10; 07-30-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Indy, IN
    '01 Red Fire SL1000 Falco
    -Aprilia RSC cans, Gabro chip , carbon fiber rear fender, RSV Mille Sachs Shock/Ohlins spring, Oxford Heaterz

apriliaforum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by abarth View Post
    Installed shock from 2001 Rsv and used old blue spring with one extra locking ring for more preload because blue spring is shorter then original yellow. Also increased length of shock few milimetars compared to original Falco shock. Very happy with result.
    The 2001+ shock that I bought from eBay some time ago also had a blue spring on it. Did you use the stock Falco linkages or the newer linkages. When I installed it, the handling felt odd. It took a little effort to turn the first couple of degrees and then a lot of effort to lean any further. It was odd enough that I went back to the stock shock, which was set up beautifully from a leaning perspective.

apriliaforum Member
    I am going to reinstall the shock, and use the stock Falco triangles and dog bone since I have the stock spring. I’ll measure out the distance between the axle and the subframe and adjust the new shock accordingly. I will report back how it works. Hopefully better!

apriliaforum Member
    I installed the shock, adjusted the ride height, and then took it out for a test run. Because I am using a blue spring (the shock came with the blue spring), I used the Falco dog bone and triangles. Handles great!!! Rear is much more compliant over bumps. Next little project is to figure out how to get slightly more preload.
    Last edited by Micah.Berry; 08-05-2018 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Clarity

apriliaforum expert
    That sachs shock is the yellow spring one from MY 2001 and up. It has a less progressive spring rate linkage than the Falco and 1998-2000 Mille. The spring is from a Falco with an extra preload ring from the Falco shock...

apriliaforum newb
    Hello,
    Will this fit in my Falco?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/APRILIA-R....c100009.m1982

What linkage needed to fit?
    Many thanks.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314