Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A new Dorsoduro graphic

Hey Fabio
    I liked your graphics so much I had some stickers made up for my silver Dorsoduro. I hope you don't mind me copying your design. Sorry the pictures aren't very good it was just going dark when i took them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07122008035.jpg 
Views:	1198 
Size:	292.9 KB 
ID:	98587  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07122008036.jpg 
Views:	1105 
Size:	293.5 KB 
ID:	98588  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	07122008034.jpg 
Views:	1058 
Size:	293.0 KB 
ID:	98589  

apriliaforum prov-nov fabiovicenti's Avatar
    Good job! The only remark i could do is that the head of the lion is positioned too high.

That looks absolutely brilliant, I didn't buy the silver coz there was to much of a silver 'block' at the tank/rad shield area - but this ties it all together, well done.
    I was thinking of copying the same one of fabs designs for my black Dorso - who did you use and are there any tips/changes you would do. Plus, if you dont mind me asking, how much were they?

and i dont think it's too high, the lines follow perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by fabiovicenti View Post
    Good job! The only remark i could do is that the head of the lion is positioned too high.
    Hey Fabio
    They ended up being a little higher up than your pictures but we struggled getting the top of the lions head to reach the top of the panel if we followed your design exactly. Your pictures are 2D when you work on the real 3D bike the top is a greater distance than you think. Anyway I think with a little more work it could be positioned slightly better, but its paying for that time.
    Thanks again for your designs Fabio they are excellent keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by Tudorgates View Post
    That looks absolutely brilliant, I didn't buy the silver coz there was to much of a silver 'block' at the tank/rad shield area - but this ties it all together, well done.
    I was thinking of copying the same one of fabs designs for my black Dorso - who did you use and are there any tips/changes you would do. Plus, if you dont mind me asking, how much were they?
    Hey Tudorgates
    I wanted a black bike originally but my local dealer had sold out and i couldn't wait so I went for the silver, glad I did as i actually prefer them, especially with the new graphics.
    The shape is quiet hard to get in the correct position. They cost me 70GBP of one of my neighbours who does graphics, he said he might put some on EBAY. I will chase him up when i return from my holiday over the new year.

Any chance of the design for the lion one please? It's fabulous.
    '09 Moto Guzzi Stelvio

Wish list:
    time to ride
    courage
    skill
    not to fall off

apriliaforum prov-nov fabiovicenti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Strada_Stu View Post
    Hey Fabio
    They ended up being a little higher up than your pictures but we struggled getting the top of the lions head to reach the top of the panel if we followed your design exactly. Your pictures are 2D when you work on the real 3D bike the top is a greater distance than you think. Anyway I think with a little more work it could be positioned slightly better, but its paying for that time.
    Thanks again for your designs Fabio they are excellent keep up the good work.
    Obviously that the vectorial lion design must be modified in the upper part but if you compare my design with your photo
    the difference should be evident, the lion head should be positioned lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ISK View Post
    Any chance of the design for the lion one please? It's fabulous.
    If you want the vectorial design send me an e-mail (fabiovicenti@alice.it) and i'll send you the design.
    Last edited by fabiovicenti; 03-15-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Hi Fabio, now that you have put them side by side i can see what you mean - but i don't think it detracts too much, both look great.

apriliaforum newb

A white one

here is mine .

after 2 crashes i decided to paint it white .

fabio helped me with the stickers. btw thanks a lot fabio.

i like it though it needs some more work.

i hope u like it to.
    Last edited by Happy feet; 12-21-2008 at 12:13 PM.

I was so glad aprilia got rid of the lionheads and you guys put them back on
    Supermoto Central - 100% Supermoto

apriliaforum newb
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoGeniX View Post
    I was so glad aprilia got rid of the lionheads and you guys put them back on
    why . you dont like it . the other lion ( this with the hair) doesnt like to me too but this one is fantastic .

anyway what about the whole them ( the white thing) . you dont like it either, i suppose ?

I like the white, but it looks so much better with just the aprilia logo on the front.

Imo the lionheads look tacky...never liked them on any of the aprilia's...just personal preference.
    Supermoto Central - 100% Supermoto

apriliaforum Junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by Strada_Stu View Post
    Hey Tudorgates
    I wanted a black bike originally but my local dealer had sold out and i couldn't wait so I went for the silver, glad I did as i actually prefer them, especially with the new graphics.
    The shape is quiet hard to get in the correct position. They cost me 70GBP of one of my neighbours who does graphics, he said he might put some on EBAY. I will chase him up when i return from my holiday over the new year.
    Hi Stu

Details of your Graphics person would be great please I have the black DD so need the silver graphics, I have the vectors from Favio if needed.
    TUONO V4R APRC
    Recent Dorsoduro owner but owned a Street Triple R, Buell 1125CR and a Benelli TNT R160 since and immediately before the TUONO.

apriliaforum newb

Lion head graphic design

Hello Fabio,

I have just received my new White dorsoduro and I am now looking through the net to see what extras i can get for it.

I have been looking for a lions head decal and your one in you web page looks the business. I see on other forums that you could send out the design.

I am wondering if you could send me your design for a white dorsoduro.

I recently purchased one from ebay but it only made it to my tool box as it was poor and look more like a dog.

This would be much appreciated. I am offshore at the moment and cant email you via your web page as i do not have outlook express set up

Thank you

Gary

mcgary76@btinternet.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast