Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Warning Mana Owners!! Oil leaking out of crancase weep hole!!

apriliaforum expert armadillored's Avatar
    Cleveland, Ohio, USA (now in Murrells Inlet, SC
    I would inform the new dealer in an e-mail or letter so he has a record of the ongoing problem before the warranty expires. Then if it gets worse and you want to have it repaired, you can get some help from Aprilia.

I remember the guys that bought Harleys back in the 60's and 70's and expected them to leak. Almost every one had a leak somewhere and they put up with it. The very minor leak the Manas have is nothing in compairson. You can put up with the leak by wipeing it off after or before every ride, get it fixed at a dealers (very time consuming), or put a small hose on it and let it drain lower where it wont get on anything (a small fuel hose from a chain saw or weed whacker would probably fit).
    '67 BMW R69S-"Toots" in rehab
    '09 Silver SC250
    Previous rides:
    '04 Chinese 125
    '06 X9-500
    '08 MP3-400
    '06 BV500

'09 Mana

apriliaforum newb
    Shadyman- I haven't narrowed down a new dealer yet. There's a couple in Vermont (the closest...100 miles or so), one in Mass. and one in Conn. I've been looking at. Any suggestions? I'm up here in Lake George, NY (home of Americade and on occasion, moose and black bears).

apriliaforum expert
    My dealer (Team Effor) is in Wilkesbarre, & I've been happy with them. I'ld probably call a dealer & ask for the service manager & run it by him. You hate to mess with it, but on the other hand you don't want it to take a shit a year from now. Tough call.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Quote Originally Posted by shadyman View Post
    My dealer (Team Effor) is in Wilkesbarre, & I've been happy with them. I'ld probably call a dealer & ask for the service manager & run it by him. You hate to mess with it, but on the other hand you don't want it to take a shit a year from now. Tough call.
    Def not, as per my other post, on inspection my small oil leak was a disaster waiting to happen. a chunk the size of a fingure nail missing behid a shaft oil seal. fortunatly the chucnk was still trapped and had not gone into the engine . Went to dealers today, Aoprilia have sent 4 engine casings with differnt numbers, we only need two but cant work out which ones. Talk about useless!
    The longer this goes on the more chance there is of someone dropping something on the boxes of bits from my bike, wont be happy if it comes back with ANY marks.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    I would recommend New Haven Power Sports in Connecticut. I would be wary of others in Connecticut. NHPS are good people and have qualified mechanics.

apriliaforum prov-nov
    Has this issue been resolved? I have an '09 Mana with 850 miles on it leaking oil out of the weep hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Has this issue been resolved? I have an '09 Mana with 850 miles on it leaking oil out of the weep hole.
    I have heard/read that Aprilia has warranted the repair for some of these leaks, and others have just put up with the leak and wiped the oil off every now and again.
    If your worried about it then contact your dealer and have them contact Aprilia to see what they will do about it.
    '09 Silver SC250
    Previous rides:
    '04 Chinese 125
    '06 X9-500
    '08 MP3-400
    '06 BV500

'09 Mana

OK I realize this is old news, but I am a new owner of a 2009 Mana I bought from AF1 with 2000 or so miles on the clock. I have noted a couple drops of oil leaking from the 'weep hole' after a good ride, and I don't think they are coming from the oil filter. I previously had a 2002 Futura which had a similar leak, that unfortunately met a fiery death in my driveway. I think it was the most beautiful motorcycle I have ever seen and I miss it every day. I also have a 2001 500 scarabeo that loses a drop or two after a ride. I also think it is a beautiful machine, in its own way. I'm blessed enough to be able to drive a 2010 Lexus as my daily driver. It does not leak anything. It also does not exite me in the least, and if it burned to a crisp in my driveway I would not miss it for a moment. Should Piaggo/Aprilia make beautiful things that don't leak - yes in this day and age. Should the fact they don't deter us from keeping these beautiful bikes? Not in my opinion. Ride them, enjoy them, admire how beautiful they look in your garage. A drip or two - it's how you know they are alive!
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

Current: 2015 Caponord, 2015 Moto Guzzi V7 Special
    Gone: 2009 Aprilia Mana 850,
    2001 Aprilia Scarabeo 50,
    2002 Futura

Although I don't have my Mana anymore, it had the leak abt very minor. The '09 is out of warranty and replacing the seal would be very expensive. Probably not worth the cost. If I still had it I would glue a hose to the hole and route it to the rear.
    '09 Silver SC250
    Previous rides:
    '04 Chinese 125
    '06 X9-500
    '08 MP3-400
    '06 BV500

'09 Mana

Certainly the fix would be beyond what I have invested in the bike. I hope that the minor leak does not increase necessitating anything more than the occasional wipedown! Right now I plan to ride and enjoy it. I'll keep the forum UTD on how it goes.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

2002 Futura

Ok been about one and 1 1/2 years since last update. Still have the mana. Love it, though those of us who do are a small fraternity. Put about 2500 miles on it and the small post ride drop has not changed. Still get a drop nothing that has ever hit the floor. So I am chalking it up to Italian Charm. Keep the shiny side up!

2002 Futura

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910